List Mgmt. 2016 Trade, Draft and free agency news (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
0-time premiership coach Rodney Eade on the O'Meara trade - " I want two top 10 picks for him" and "we better come out ahead in the deal"

4-time premiership coach Alastair Clarkson on the O'Meara trade "I'll leave that to Graham Wright, that's his area"

#CauseAndEffect

Did Eade say we better come out ahead in the deal ? hahahahahah

He had said that, when JOM said he would leave but not to which club. Refer to my earlier post today - he is being far more pragmatic about it now. I have zero concerns of the deal being done after hearing him on SEN this morning.

He had said that, when JOM said he would leave but not to which club. Refer to my earlier post today - he is being far more pragmatic about it now. I have zero concerns of the deal being done after hearing him on SEN this morning.

I was never concerned about the deal being done, the last time a club stubbornly let a high profile player walk for free was Nick Stevens way back in 2003.

I was never concerned about the deal being done, the last time a club stubbornly let a high profile player walk for free was Nick Stevens way back in 2003.

Or Luke Ball in 2009.

Well getting nothing certainly isn't coming out on top.

See, what most of opposition Bigfooty doesn't seem to get is that teams will do whats best for them, rather than anything they can to make Hawthorns life harder.
no no no logic apparently says that instead of taking hawks first rounder and improving them that GC should take Richmonds 3rd rounder...thats what I have learnt in the past 24 hours from BigFooty :drunk:

Rocket on SEN certainly showed the GCS have woken up and realised JOM's true market worth.

With Wrighty and Scott Clayton being good operators, this trade will get done in the first few days.

Chris Mayne going FA to Collingwood will net Freo a 2nd rounder (22), that's what we will get for Hill, which we then give for Titch.

I'll keep saying it, Lobbe is desperate to get out of Port. Added to that, Port have a tight salary cap at the moment, so just want him off the books. If the Vickery deal can't get done, then i'd be targeting Lobbe.

why do we think Carlton won't have a massive dip at Tom.

They went hard 4 years ago so why wouldn't they be having a red hot crack at him?

The wording on SEN this morning was IF they come out on top then great not we better come out on top but its much of a muchness

"But having said that, we would want to be reasonably compensated.

"If we can come out in front in the deal then that's fine, you move on.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-28/i-havent-coached-him-eade-on-wantaway-mid

He did say 'if' but to me he is implying this is the aim, at least for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When does trade period actually start?

When does the 2016 NAB AFL free agency and trade period start and finish?
Here are the indicative key dates for this year's exchange period:

Friday October 7 - NAB AFL restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period begins

Monday October 10, 10am* - NAB AFL Trade Period begins

Sunday October 16, 5pm - Close of NAB AFL restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period

Wednesday October 19 - NAB AFL restricted free agency matching offer three-day period ends

Thursday October 20, 2pm – NAB AFL Trade Period closes

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-16/when-is-the-2016-afl-trade-period

I reckon like JOM, clubs already know TOM has made up his mind hence there isn't any other clubs getting linked, not even Carlton.
Yep I agree I believe he made up his mind before the season or close to start a bit like buddy did and come next Tuesday or Wednesday there will be an announcement

When does the 2016 NAB AFL free agency and trade period start and finish?
Here are the indicative key dates for this year's exchange period:

Friday October 7 - NAB AFL restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period begins

Monday October 10, 10am* - NAB AFL Trade Period begins

Sunday October 16, 5pm - Close of NAB AFL restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period

Wednesday October 19 - NAB AFL restricted free agency matching offer three-day period ends

Thursday October 20, 2pm – NAB AFL Trade Period closes

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-16/when-is-the-2016-afl-trade-period
I'm going to age so much in this time frame and no not just ten days.

Sam Mitchell was asked on SEN this morning if we could find a place for JOM in our midfield and his response was "of course....and Tommy Mitchell too!"

Yep I agree I believe he made up his mind before the season or close to start a bit like buddy did and come next Tuesday or Wednesday there will be an announcement

I'm almost certain that what you're saying is a lock.

Sam Mitchell was asked on SEN this morning if we could find a place for JOM in our midfield and his response was "of course....and Tommy Mitchell too!"

Hahaha how effing brilliant is that, I love Mitch. We are going to have some sort of cheeky, hard nosed midfield next year!

TOM
JOM
S.Mitch
Lewis
Shiels

That's not a bad engine room.. Some decent 2nd and 3rd stringers to.

Lovell
JOR
Langers
Woody
Burton (depending on what possie the club wants him to play)

Does our outside run become a little bit of a concern with Hill going? Could Burton play the wingman role? I don't have 100% faith in Billy yet, maybe Burger will spend a bit of time in the open spaces? At least our contested ball winning won't be an issue.

Hahaha how effing brilliant is that, I love Mitch. We are going to have some sort of cheeky, hard nosed midfield next year!

TOM
JOM
S.Mitch
Lewis
Shiels

That's not a bad engine room.. Some decent 2nd and 3rd stringers to.

Lovell
JOR
Langers
Woody
Burton (depending on what possie the club wants him to play)

Does our outside run become a little bit of a concern with Hill going? Could Burton play the wingman role? I don't have 100% faith in Billy yet, maybe Burger will spend a bit of time in the open spaces? At least our contested ball winning won't be an issue.
Could Howe move onto a wing?

Anyways we got Billy. Wing position needs depth but Izzy and Billy are in the 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back