2016 trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

On Mayne firstly I highly doubt he will be getting the reported figure but also with the salary cap rumoured to be rising over 10% then that will also come into consideration when determining compensation.

If a was a pies fan, I'd be furious if they paid Mayne $2m over four years.

I still can't believe that figure until it's confirmed. Seems too crazy to be true.

I'm seriously praying that this is not going to happen.
It would affect our ability to trade next year for a player who may actually be valuable, which Mayne is not.

Honestly, if we gave him $350,000 x 2 years I would be ok with, but anything over is lunacy.

Seriously, thought its a good deal for swans, Is Reid even in your best 22 anymore, plus the cash of Reids contract will free up cash for tom Mitchell.

24 year old athletic key position player who can play both ends just coming into his prime, if he was fit he's comfortably best 22

The media always, always adds about a 100k to the figure when reporting contracts. Without fail. Remember these things are absolutely a game of Chinese whispers so when it finally gets to the media who reports it (who probably round it up anyway) it has only the smallest resemblance to the original facts.

In all likely hood they hear the highest amount , or first year amount as 500k and say 500k over X amount of years when in reality it is nothing like that.

Freo fans getting their hopes up about getting a great pick for Mayne should maybe temper their expectations a little. Very likely to get the same pick as Selwood.
Which was after West Coasts second pick correct? Thry finished 2nd, we finished 16th. That's why we will get an early 20's pick for him. Band 3, same band as Selwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Breust was worth 2 1st round picks to GCS last year and his value wont have changed much.
When did any team ever offer two first round picks for Luke Breust? When has Breust ever been linked to any club prior to this year?

This rumour has done so much mileage that people aren't even bothering to ask why a player who'd be paid no more than $500k a year tops would be worth two first round picks. FMD.

When did any team ever offer two first round picks for Luke Breust? When has Breust ever been linked to any club prior to this year?

This rumour has done so much mileage that people aren't even bothering to ask why a player who'd be paid no more than $500k a year tops would be worth two first round picks. FMD.

Given all players at Hawthorn are on unders and GWS has paid overs for experienced players it makes perfect sense.

It was 2014 not 2015 when GWS made the offer. Sorry.

Which was after West Coasts second pick correct? Thry finished 2nd, we finished 16th. That's why we will get an early 20's pick for him. Band 3, same band as Selwood.

Ah I thought they got end of 2nd round pick.

Still, he was 2- 3 years younger than Mayne at their respective free agncy bids. Gonna take a lots of extras dollars to make that up. I think it unlikely. As I said, media claims are always garnishing the dollar amounts a little.

The $500k a year is probably a little above what he is worth but its the 4 years which is the most troubling aspect of the deal. Almost as bad as Carlton giving Liam Jones a 3 year deal.
Not even in the same ballpark. Jones came from a team bereft of forwds and couldn't get game there.

At least mayne plays.

Ah I thought they got end of 2nd round pick.

Still, he was 2- 3 years younger than Mayne at their respective free agncy bids. Gonna take a lots of extras dollars to make that up. I think it unlikely. As I said, media claims are always garnishing the dollar amounts a little.
but if media are garnishing the dollar amounts then Selwoods are lower then reported too so Mayne would definitely be getting more then Selwood

+ Selwood probably didn't get 4 years like Mayne has probably been offered

A chance at West Coast as a 2017 fill in for the hole left by NicNat - was at the Hawks with Simpson, no disgrace not getting a gig at the Crows.
Isn't he really injury prone?
I won't forget his debut game and think he has a lot to offer if fit but I'm not sure our back up should be so prone to injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back