List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not Vickery Wells Hokin Elliot as targets It would fill 3 needs A backup ruckman that can play as a forward, A skillfull mid and an X factor forward

Why not Vickery Wells Hokin Elliot as targets It would fill 3 needs A backup ruckman that can play as a forward, A skillfull mid and an X factor forward
Vickery? Spudness of Cloke and White combined. A big fat No and where is mym meme generator when I need it

I was at a GF luncheon today, Dal Santo was a guest speaker, he confirmed Collingwood had called him didn't mention any other clubs.
Thats interesting because when bucks was on the 360 show at the brownlow, robbo stated we were into wells/ dal santo and mayne.
Bucks immediately shut him down and said that statement was false.
Myself and the majority (i assume) would have thought dal santo was the least likely since heaps of mail around that mayne and wells are done deals. So unless bucks was being sneaky and our interest in dal santo is only a coaching role ( still quite possible), if dal santo is an option, one of wells or mayne must not be.

Or bucks was just keen on shutting slobbo down, coz i get the impression he enjoys putting him in his place

I think this highlights the false expectation of the young premiership side. Unfortunately much of that young side has not progressed to elite or at least very good, either with us or somewhere else. Caff, Goldsack, Thomas, Blair, Dawes, Wellingham, HarryO have not come on to provide the quality and leadership to replace Maxwell, Johnson, Didak, Ball, Swan.

We should be thankful that the club identified this early and started a rebuild before most thought it was required, and largely offloaded players that have not gone on to make us regret the trade. The injuries to Shaz and Freeman has really played havoc with that rebuild unfortunately.

Really ? That fact we were playing as a team before and haven't since might have something to do with it. The bulldogs pound are not that talented but they play as a team and there in lies the success in a team sport.

Good coaches have their role players

We don't

What does that say ?

When you note that list of senior players, you can see why we have gone about the rebuild in the manner we have.

It was a huge hit to lose guys like Leigh Brown and Davis straight after 2011. The others declined quickly. Jolly and Didak wanted to play on, but it was pretty clear they were shot. Nathan Brown and Ben Reid had massive injury problems, and Dale Thomas did as well. Guys like Toovey, Macaffer and Maxwell were always role players and we got the most we could out of them.

I think we have done the right thing rebuilding, and it's hard to argue against too many of the decisions we have made with senior players.

Jury is out a bit on Shaw and Cloke, and also the loss of Dayne Beams hurt but then again every club loses players occasionally.

The list is in decent nick, but probably hasn't quite reached the heights we thought it would by now. That doesn't mean the rebuild has failed...it just means it is behind where we thought it would be...largely because senior players have declined.

This is an extremely optimistic view, I am guessing you'll be spouting the same things in years to come because we are not going any where but backwards look at the last few seasons.
Then compare to the Swans and their "rebuild"
Seriously I am almost certain that many of you are taking the piss and not looking at the reality of the situation our club is in and it appears their is a TOTAL lack of accountibilty too. There in lies another enormous problem.

Really ? That fact we were playing as a team before and haven't since might have something to do with it. The bulldogs pound are not that talented but they play as a team and there in lies the success in a team sport.

We don't

What does that say ?
For god sake, Take to the Buckley coaching thread. All you do is come on here and moan about Buckley. We just got back on track.

We don't

What does that say ?
Check thread title before you post again.

This is an extremely optimistic view, I am guessing you'll be spouting the same things in years to come because we are not going any where but backwards look at the last few seasons.
Then compare to the Swans and their "rebuild"
Seriously I am almost certain that many of you are taking the piss and not looking at the reality of the situation our club is in and it appears their is a TOTAL lack of accountibilty too. There in lies another enormous problem.
Nah you're wrong. Dave's assessment is spot on. There is a lot of great talent on the list (missing a couple of young KPP, but they'll be brought in) just the coaching group hasn't been able to set up a system to get it working yet.

Thoughts about Tom Read from Geelong? He was delisted earlier this week. Ruckman who just couldn't get a look in with Geelongs tall department.
I wouldn't mind Rooking him again. Better than Maric IMO.

If someone could help me find stats, that would be great! Struggle to find VFL stats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah you're wrong. Dave's assessment is spot on. There is a lot of great talent on the list (missing a couple of young KPP, but they'll be brought in) just the coaching group hasn't been able to set up a system to get it working yet.
The highlighted is everything.

People will be blown away at the improvement once a proper coach takes the helm.

This thread is getting harder and harder to read every day, it's either fighting amongst each other or Buckley bashing or anything else apart from trade talk. I like to come on here and have a good discussion but it's getting to the point that it's just the same thing repeated over and over again.
Only one more week to go then the real things happen.

The highlighted is everything.

People will be blown away at the improvement once a proper coach takes the helm.
I think people will be blown away by the silence here once everyone take their pet hate/love for Bucks to his coaching thread.

Serious consideration fellow Pies fans.

Nat Fyfe is from all reports (and general whispers) determined to get to Melbourne at some point over the next 18 months. What would you (as an individual) be happy to cough up for him.

I'd package anyone bar Treloar/Moore to be honest.

Serious consideration fellow Pies fans.

Nat Fyfe is from all reports (and general whispers) determined to get to Melbourne at some point over the next 18 months. What would you (as an individual) be happy to cough up for him.

I'd package anyone bar Treloar/Moore to be honest.
Depends what the currency is. Picks or players. Players: Prince of Perth, Williams and other sons of the West. Including Marsh :(
Picks same as Treloar.
Player of his ilk don't come around too often.

Thoughts about Tom Read from Geelong? He was delisted earlier this week. Ruckman who just couldn't get a look in with Geelongs tall department.
I wouldn't mind Rooking him again. Better than Maric IMO.

If someone could help me find stats, that would be great! Struggle to find VFL stats.
Rather Lachie Howe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back