JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Tim Taranto
185cm inside midfielder
Sandringham/VicMetro

Another great game on the weekend from Taranto continues to drive him up the draft order. All Saints fans would love him at #10 but he looks gone at this stage.
We're do you think he will go?

I'd be very surprised if he's gone by the Saints' first selection - the only real threat IMO is Richmond who may look in his direction if the trio in McCluggage/Brodie/McGrath are all gone.
Hopefully.
But his form has been outstanding and is rising quickly

Officially re-thinking my phantom draft - Tigers crying out for a Fyfe, if they somehow manage to keep their pick 6 after a trade for Prestia is completed; he is as close as they will get.
Today reminded me more of James Hird. Just such class with clean hands overhead and one touch at ground level and kicks goals from any situation.

All of Taranto's TAC stats not including todays game. missed a lot of games for school footy same as McGrath and Setterfield. Was in the bests every game he played and kicked atleast 1 goal as you can see. Also McGrath had a game where he got 47 touches and 19 tackles!!

30 touches, 1 goal, 7 marks, 8 tackles, 1st best
27 touches, 1 goal, 5 marks, 3 tackles, 3rd best
33 touches, 1 goal, 9 marks, 8 tackles, 1st best
25 touches, 1 goal, 5 marks, 10 tackles, 3rd best
25 touches, 2 goals, 7 marks, 6 tackles, 2nd best on
31 touches, 1 goal, 9 marks, 5 tackles, 4th best
21 touches, 3 goals, 6 marks, 1 tackle, 3rd best

Last edited:
All of Taranto's TAC stats not including todays game. missed a lot of games for school footy same as McGrath and Setterfield. Was in the bests evey game he played and kicked atleast 1 goal as you can see. Also McGrath had a game where he got 47 touches and 19 tackles!!

30 touches, 1 goal, 7 marks, 8 tackles, 1st best
27 touches, 1 goal, 5 marks, 3 tackles, 3rd best
33 touches, 1 goal, 9 marks, 8 tackles, 1st best
25 touches, 1 goal, 5 marks, 10 tackles, 3rd best
25 touches, 2 goals, 7 marks, 6 tackles, 2nd best on
31 touches, 1 goal, 9 marks, 5 tackles, 4th best
21 touches, 3 goals, 6 marks, 1 tackle, 3rd best
Superstar

I think McCluggage to Essendon is done - and I reckon Taranto will be looking really tempting for Brisbane. He's not even in the comp yet and I already have a man crush.
Only in the first qtr in the GF. But what I've seen is all good.

Would love him at Richmond.
He's 88kg 188cm, he's already ready to go and partly why he's staring

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the biggest bolters in this year's draft. Scrimshaw great in the GF too. Sandy could well provide 4 of the first 10. They've been so good
McGrath, Taranto, Setterfield and Scrimshaw and somewhere in the 2nd round should be Florent and Lyons. They all work together so well aswell the amount of link up and sync they had with eacother this year was outstanding.

I'm on board - think he could be the 'hybrid' midfielder Blues alluded to. Surely won't go before 5? Question would be whether we go a Brodie or SPS over him.

I'm on board - think he could be the 'hybrid' midfielder Blues alluded to. Surely won't go before 5? Question would be whether we go a Brodie or SPS over him.
I am pulling my hair out between Brodie and Taranto.

I am actually hoping one gets picked before us so we don't have a choice!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back