BFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heta brothers from wodonga and Sherlock from Werribee really good gets. Wonder if they can fit anymore with the points? Cupidity Richardson gone?
Don't forget Riley stuldrier also,gun midfielder who has been on Geelong vfl list. Also a junior at the marsh too.

Richo is not sure as of yet. The temptation of playing in a lower league and to play with he's brother may tempt him. Either way he has a lot to thanked for in the development of the bulk of the senior team.
A great player and better bloke.
Cupido gone.
Club didn't want him to stick around. Off to Bairnsdale
Great bloke tho

Not sure if being sarcastic or not but from all reports was hated more by his own teammates than the opposition. The reaction when he received his medal GF day summed it up.
Yeah your right mate .. He was a good fella but yeah didn't fit the culture.
Think he can be a great asset for another club in a lower league . He wants to coach somewhere

Anyone know the points and salary cap next year? Is it 45 points still and $150,000.
Pretty sure BFL is 44-points 2017, then 43-points in 2018 and salary cap is $150k. Will be interesting to see if clubs have to issue group certificates, as they'll be declaring to the league how much each player is being paid, i'm sure the tax man will be on their tail.

Jake Bridges looks like a good get for East, who is without a coach now?
Bridges will be a major change for EastPoint. He would know many of the players through working at StPats. Just asking around he is very respected, not only as a teacher and football coach but also through his work with Leading Teams. He looks like the perfect fit for a developing team.
Just had a quick look at how many players had a run in the EastPoint seniors this year, 44-players!! Must have had a lot of injuries?? They have won the past 2 or 3 u16 grand finals and the past 2 u18 grand finals, also won the reserves this year. So must have plenty of potential coming through if they can hang onto them and develop them.

Horwood departing Sunbury is a shame.
Admittedly I was critical of him a number of years ago when there was an exodus of sorts from the Lions but he's done a great job performing a mini rebuild down there whilst keeping them in contention as well as his involvement with interleague - he leaves big shoes to fill.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Horwood departing Sunbury is a shame.
Admittedly I was critical of him a number of years ago when there was an exodus of sorts from the Lions but he's done a great job performing a mini rebuild down there whilst keeping them in contention as well as his involvement with interleague - he leaves big shoes to fill.

Any news on a replacement or are they going through a process?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Mark Lynch from Abers to South being reported on EDFL board... Huge get for Melton South if true, Would be $1.60 to win the comp medal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark Lynch from Abers to South being reported on EDFL board... Huge get for Melton South if true, Would be $1.60 to win the comp medal.
His former Aber skipper is a better shout.(provided the rumours are correct)
Lynch won't be as damaging on the outside on some of the grounds in this comp.

This bloke has played in Qld..NFL and EDFL I'm sue he has come across a few different grounds in his time

This bloke has played in Qld..NFL and EDFL I'm sue he has come across a few different grounds in his time
Cool?
I didn't question his ability, I just said that one of his Abers mates rumoured to be joining him would be a better shout for the medal.

Is Courtney Johns from Abers the other player heading to Melton Sth after being dropped for the GF.

Cubilla is a gun boys. Tough, hard on baller who is a leader obviously. Great get if true..

Is Courtney Johns from Abers the other player heading to Melton Sth after being dropped for the GF.

Cubilla is a gun boys. Tough, hard on baller who is a leader obviously. Great get if true..

Nothing confirmed that I'm aware of but that's the rumour.
Cubillo is an absolute bull, I'm not sure many could go with him on the inside.

Looks like in the last couple of years the Eastern Bloc clubs really turning the tide on the Ballarat based ones. Sunbury poised to pull in another impressive coach and with Melton South with Fevola, Darley Scotland and Marsh Hoggy with Melton Murphy really well credentialed at this end of the league. The Ballarat clubs have to respond as these clubs appear to be bringing in some profile players to. What would those type of players mentioned cost your club, we always here the good players in the Essendon DFL are all on min $1200? Is the Ballarat League running the salary cap this year or next as by sounds of it $140 odd K won't go far for the local boys.

Geez South are going all out to win it next year with Shannon Broadbent signing is getting on now but still a quality player.The way they are going they will have no room for the young kids that have stuck by them the last few years

Where is the $ coming from for South? Lynch & Cubilo could have named a price and had it paid with any metro club in Vic. Its been a while since i have watched a BFL game so not sure of the standard but Broadbent is a B grade player now so not sure he is going to have that big an impact but Lynch & Cubilo would be starting mids in the BFL interleague team.

South finished last but these inclusions you would expect them to play finals and even push for a flag.

Where is the $ coming from for South? Lynch & Cubilo could have named a price and had it paid with any metro club in Vic. Its been a while since i have watched a BFL game so not sure of the standard but Broadbent is a B grade player now so not sure he is going to have that big an impact but Lynch & Cubilo would be starting mids in the BFL interleague team.

South finished last but these inclusions you would expect them to play finals and even push for a flag.
B grade player did you head up the highway this year and watch me play??? In case you didnt that was A grade footy just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back