Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair White anting job done there by the powers that be. Feel for Henderson
Steve Sharp is a very astute Football person was a driving force behind Golden Squares run of 5 Flags and Im tipping he would have showed the same professionalism to make an educated decision. They enabled him too see his 2 year contract out as well and while development is a key focus at TAC level winning is also some indicator of the impact the Coach is having and theyve had a very lean time of it over the past couple of years on the front. Sharp was also diplomatic in his comments to the Addy and gave him some credit but the tone of the media changed course when Henderson painted a scene that something unjust had happened in the decision making process.You know enough to think that this white anting act Roota? And not based on the quality of his Coaching?

Steve Sharp is a very astute Football person was a driving force behind Golden Squares run of 5 Flags and Im tipping he would have showed the same professionalism to make an educated decision. They enabled him too see his 2 year contract out as well and while development is a key focus at TAC level winning is also some indicator of the impact the Coach is having and theyve had a very lean time of it over the past couple of years on the front. Sharp was also diplomatic in his comments to the Addy and gave him some credit but the tone of the media changed course when Henderson painted a scene that something unjust had happened in the decision making process.You know enough to think that this white anting act Roota? And not based on the quality of his Coaching?

I know that the bloke had no idea it was coming and that is never a great situation. If it is true that he has only been moved on now because someone else has put their hand up to do it then I reckon it's pretty ordinary

I know that the bloke had no idea it was coming and that is never a great situation. If it is true that he has only been moved on now because someone else has put their hand up to do it then I reckon it's pretty ordinary
If he was out of contract and a better candidate became available then there well within their rights to explore that. It appears some people have been quick to put the boots into the Pioneers but I cant see they done anything wrong from whats surfaced so far.

If he was out of contract and a better candidate became available then there well within their rights to explore that. It appears some people have been quick to put the boots into the Pioneers but I cant see they done anything wrong from whats surfaced so far.

People are quick to put the boots in because of the way they have operated....for many years

It appears that the Flat are in serious talks with Shawn Filo as a candidate to coach club for next season after Jason Stevens was asked to finish up. Cory Greer among others are trying to convince Filo along with his son Matt to cross over after the one season at Eaglehawk for the pair. Acording to "rumours", this is a subtle way of also enticing Brodie Filo to come back to Bendigo after a year in the Goulburn Valley.With the money the Flat get from the Sports Club they have a huge advantage over the other teams in Bendigo footy.

It appears that the Flat are in serious talks with Shawn Filo as a candidate to coach club for next season after Jason Stevens was asked to finish up. Cory Greer among others are trying to convince Filo along with his son Matt to cross over after the one season at Eaglehawk for the pair. Acording to "rumours", this is a subtle way of also enticing Brodie Filo to come back to Bendigo after a year in the Goulburn Valley.With the money the Flat get from the Sports Club they have a huge advantage over the other teams in Bendigo footy.

Hang on...I thought it was Stevens idea to finish up?

Also if Brodie were to come back this way why would he play for his uncle over his old man?

Hang on...I thought it was Stevens idea to finish up?

Also if Brodie were to come back this way why would he play for his uncle over his old man?

A few years ago it was revealed in a radio interview with the then sacked and very bitter ex coach of Castlemaine (Keogh) that the club wanted nothing to do with Brodie Filo. They had actually rejected Brodie when Keogh was appointed and tried to recruit him.

It is possible time has allowed these wounds to heal, but then again from Brodie's point of view they may have not have healed. I guess it would depend on who was still around from those days. In contrast Eaglehawk would always welcome him with open arms.

Might be the case but the Flat only get about $20k from the sports club with conditions so certainly not HUGE as mentioned

A few years ago it was revealed in a radio interview with the then sacked and very bitter ex coach of Castlemaine (Keogh) that the club wanted nothing to do with Brodie Filo. They had actually rejected Brodie when Keogh was appointed and tried to recruit him.

It is possible time has allowed these wounds to heal, but then again from Brodie's point of view they may have not have healed. I guess it would depend on who was still around from those days. In contrast Eaglehawk would always welcome him with open arms.
I think he signed as assistant coach then reneged and went to koondrook. you would doubt with dekker in charge they would be holding a grudge still.
any chance of ringo coaching the flat?
who have the pios got lined up to coach? surely they could say to ringo they have a higher credentialled coach in the wings

I think he signed as assistant coach then reneged and went to koondrook. you would doubt with dekker in charge they would be holding a grudge still.
any chance of ringo coaching the flat?
who have the pios got lined up to coach? surely they could say to ringo they have a higher credentialled coach in the wings

No mate..wont be happening!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think he will be fine mate! Think you may be overestimating the bfl!

I can remember a comment a year back when Zac East, Alex Pollack and Adam Parry were cleared to Sandhurst. I cannot remember who made the comment, but it was along the lines that these players would not make the grade in the BFNL.

Well Adam Parry has simply been sensational, the type of player the Dragons have dreamt of having for many years, Zac East likewise, (dragging them back into the game in last year's grand final) and Alex Pollack was a very good player before being injured.

I'll put my money on Andy Collins to be a very good player for the Dragons. I know we all like to have a bit of fun on this forum, but cheap shots at player's character does not take a lot of backbone.

Looks like the Storm are going with Wilson again as coach. Look for several premiership players to leave as well as SACKED co coach Bryce Curnow.

Disappointing the powers to be at Strathfieldsaye didn't have the courage to pull the trigger and steer the club in a much needed new direction

Looks like the Storm are going with Wilson again as coach. Look for several premiership players to leave as well as SACKED co coach Bryce Curnow.

Disappointing the powers to be at Strathfieldsaye didn't have the courage to pull the trigger and steer the club in a much needed new direction

Sacked? Remember reading comments from Curnow saying it was his choice to stand down? Which players are going to leave due to this situation?

Any idea where Bryce is headed?

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Haha..sack the coach...always the coach...nothing good ever comes from it......egos rule

Back