Preview Horse Racing - Spring Carnival 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Also today is going to be one sloppy, windy, rainy day.

With 17 races run throughout two days on the track before the big one today, and heaps of rain, we may get a track that plays very similar to how it did last year.

Only expected to top 12 degrees today and it's been bloody cold all morning. Showers around moonee ponds from 1-4pm. Light rain beforehand.

Get the goggles out, I think Lucia Valentina's ears might be tingling today.

Well, what a night;

The Manikato;
Chautauqua will be tipped out, I think he as a older horse is now looking for 1400m - the 1000m/1200m might be a bit sharp for him with his racing style.
Gee you'd be pretty keen to back The Quarterback in the Darley 2nd up/back to Flemington, he was super late; final split was hot!
Japonisme might have a race in him in Melbourne, he'll go around at a big price down the straight and certainly looks a place hope.

Showpero in R1 missed the kick with the shades on first-time and went to the line under a stranglehold, she'll be worth backing back onto a bigger track and I think we'll get a price, too.

Onto the Cox Plate.
I sometimes think the straight in Flemington also suits Chautauqua.
Terrific horse but looks like something is not quite right, no ping.
Blood tests I imagine, might have a small illness?
Action seemed ok, so await what made of the poor run.
Pity he doesn't go in to the Group 1 sprint last day of carnival.

Buffering has run his last race.

Hung up the boots last night.

The old marvel. <3 enjoy retirement buddy.
Was a great old horse, really a cheepy that gave so much.

Also today is going to be one sloppy, windy, rainy day.

With 17 races run throughout two days on the track before the big one today, and heaps of rain, we may get a track that plays very similar to how it did last year.

Only expected to top 12 degrees today and it's been bloody cold all morning. Showers around moonee ponds from 1-4pm. Light rain beforehand.

Get the goggles out, I think Lucia Valentina's ears might be tingling today.
Conditions to suit Lucia.
But still think the big two come first and second.
Just can't jump off Winx.

Conditions to suit Lucia.
But still think the big two come first and second.
Just can't jump off Winx.

Track's gonna cop a drenching in the next few hours or so. Wouldn't be surprised with a soft 7 or even getting into the region of a heavy.

The more I think about it the more I reckon we will see an upset today.

Reckon the track might be biased a little. The rail was generally the place to be last night.

Regardless, everyone still likes to see a champion win.

Reading the form guide in the paper this morning, gee the fields for the first couple races at least look like a country/midweek meeting.

Horses like Grane and co are the type you'd see at Mornington or Kyneton on a cold Tuesday afternoon, not Cox Plate day at the valley.

Guess they have to fill in time before the big one.

Track's gonna cop a drenching in the next few hours or so. Wouldn't be surprised with a soft 7 or even getting into the region of a heavy.

The more I think about it the more I reckon we will see an upset today.

Reckon the track might be biased a little. The rail was generally the place to be last night.

Regardless, everyone still likes to see a champion win.

Reading the form guide in the paper this morning, gee the fields for the first couple races at least look like a country/midweek meeting.

Horses like Grane and co are the type you'd see at Mornington or Kyneton on a cold Tuesday afternoon, not Cox Plate day at the valley.

Guess they have to fill in time before the big one.
Track Soft 5 now.
Gives a better race if stays like this, Winx will be fine on it, but assists Hartnell and ofcourse Lucia Valentina.
Looking forward to it

Track Soft 5 now.
Gives a better race if stays like this, Winx will be fine on it, but assists Hartnell and ofcourse Lucia Valentina.
Looking forward to it

Same here. Been looking forward to this (besides the Melb cup) more than any other race this year.

Track will get downgraded again if the expected rain comes.

I sometimes think the straight in Flemington also suits Chautauqua.
Nothing is more certain. When horses come down the crown of the track he can come from either side with his racing pattern.

When's the last time the Valley got to a heavy? I'd be surprised if it got past a soft 6, especially given the negative effect downgrades have on betting turnover.

There is talk the rail will be off after a few races. Worth noting but track biases are not my forté.

Nothing is more certain. When horses come down the crown of the track he can come from either side with his racing pattern.

When's the last time the Valley got to a heavy? I'd be surprised if it got past a soft 6, especially given the negative effect downgrades have on betting turnover.

There is talk the rail will be off after a few races. Worth noting but track biases are not my forté.
I'm physically here, it's off and on with rain and sunshine, so will be soft but seems not going to be heavy.
The give in the track helps make for a better race today as assists Lucia and HARTNELL. But Winx for me anyway

I'm physically here, it's off and on with rain and sunshine, so will be soft but seems not going to be heavy.
The give in the track helps make for a better race today as assists Lucia and HARTNELL. But Winx for me anyway

The rain is coming now mate. Sweeping through the northern suburbs where I am right now. I'd say about 20km from the track.

Its pouring down

The rain is coming now mate. Sweeping through the northern suburbs where I am right now. I'd say about 20km from the track.

Its pouring down
Was pouring here say forty minutes ago.
Light rain again now.
I'm under cover so I'm happy.
iPad has free wi fi too :)
Love the races, my favourite relaxation.

Was pouring here say forty minutes ago.
Light rain again now.
I'm under cover so I'm happy.
iPad has free wi fi too :)
Love the races, my favourite relaxation.

I've never been. Hope you're enjoying it. The weather seems so bipolar today. It's literally been rain and shine about 4 times already.

You're right, at this rate it'll just stay soft. I've still had a small each way on lucia. Waiting until 5pm for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't entertain Lucia today, but horses coming down the middle do appear to be better off in the first two races.

I've noticed that. Have they changed the rail position significantly? Way different from last night.

Good win from O'Malley. Talented horse.

I've never been. Hope you're enjoying it. The weather seems so bipolar today. It's literally been rain and shine about 4 times already.

You're right, at this rate it'll just stay soft. I've still had a small each way on lucia. Waiting until 5pm for it.
Been terrific so far.
Love it.
It's more peaceful than football.
Shhhhh don't tell anyone that ;)

I've noticed that. Have they changed the rail position significantly? Way different from last night.

Good win from O'Malley. Talented horse.
Same rail position,it's true.
So it's everyone anywhere so to speak

Having a good time betting place but have no idea why I have just received another $14 bonus bet. Oh well, will use it sometime at Flemington.

Think I will just watch for the rest of the day.

Good luck to those still punting.

Having a good time betting place but have no idea why I have just received another $14 bonus bet. Oh well, will use it sometime at Flemington.

Think I will just watch for the rest of the day.

Good luck to those still punting.
I will assume it's not a bonus from big footy :p

22 minutes to go....

Now sitting here, yay for iPad, now the noise part is happening, entertainment perhaps for some....
Each to their own

Bring on the horses :)

How much alcohol do they sell here?
It's not like it's basic prices either?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back