BFL Bellarine Football League 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions from an outsider who has holidayed at Port Arlington and cannot understand why they are not in the top few clubs. Ripper area to holiday!!

What is Ports budget??
Do they have a good following?
Do they have juniors?

Thanks
Hey turbo, welcome to BFL Big Footy.
Ports budget is probably the same as everyone's else's: $100,000 which is the salary cap. Nothing else will be said about that from me.

Port have a very loyal following for a club that has had limited success. I am surprised by the crowds they can get, especially against rivals like OG, Drysie and Queenscliff. Port had few home games during the early warmer months and crowds suffered a little during the June/ July colder months.

Port have juniors and have trebled their junior membership base over the last three years and have plans for extra junior teams and a girls team for 2017. Port will have all junior grades filled next year.

Come down to training during the hols mate and have a look.

Mailman, mailman, mailman.
You are what we call a troll.

Please everyone on this forum read his post's, then see if what I say is true or not. (Even you Wilsons, because he has a go at you also).
He hangs its on other clubs other than Port also when it suits him.

He's even liked my posts in the past LOL.

Mailman, it's called not having a club to support yourself, so you are obviously jealous of our pride in the demons, and our loyalty. We follow them win, lose or draw.

So, Crysdale have won flags, great, good on them, and we have beaten them 3 out of the last 4 times we've played each other.
Hope you read (sorry, ie assuming you can read) the Herald Sun when those results were published, who was the laughing stock then?

And we don't care that you hope our clubs on the improve, we know it is, and your opinion is irrelevant.

So give us the big comeback, and tell everyone on here who you support (if you've got the balls!!)

Signed: A Port Muppet.
No Footyman, basically I'm just calling it as I see it. I check in here now and then and the dribble I've read the last few pages I couldn't help but to have a dig. YOU'RE the chief s**t stirrer in here mate, and I'm sure everyone would agree. Most of its light hearted but you go on to attack individuals (Wilsons, Stuart Dew), and put people's names out there, who are you to do that? You've obviously got a strong hate for Drysdale and anyone associated with them, give it a rest mate.

No Footyman, basically I'm just calling it as I see it. I check in here now and then and the dribble I've read the last few pages I couldn't help but to have a dig. YOU'RE the chief s**t stirrer in here mate, and I'm sure everyone would agree. Most of its light hearted but you go on to attack individuals (Wilsons, Stuart Dew), and put people's names out there, who are you to do that? You've obviously got a strong hate for Drysdale and anyone associated with them, give it a rest mate.
So, nice deflection, who do you support again? Stop trolling.

You mean you've got no comeback....
Who gives a s**t who I support? Oh you do, so you can put on your detective hat and try figure out who I am, then throw insults at myself and the club I support. Onya mate.

worst part is they pegged me as Simon Scott, sent a bit of hate his way n the poor bloke has nothin to do with it.
Id rather focus on recruits seein thats the season we r in. Pre season is 3 weeks away.
The Roos pull Dale Carsin, Ammos, Drysie, Port get stronger.. Whats Newcombe, Heads, Torq and Q'cliffe doin?

Last edited:
Who gives a s**t who I support? Oh you do, so you can put on your detective hat and try figure out who I am, then throw insults at myself and the club I support. Onya mate.
mailman you have failed to deliver. I'm with the heads and proud to say so.
Put up or shut up softy

You win.

Questions from an outsider who has holidayed at Port Arlington and cannot understand why they are not in the top few clubs. Ripper area to holiday!!

What is Ports budget??
Do they have a good following?
Do they have juniors?

Thanks
Come down and have a look, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Come down and have a look, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Yeap I was. We went to Drysdale and because We didn't know many people there We were treated like a leppa's. Then we went to Portarlington again didn't know many people. It was completely different the way we were treated. Maybe this is why they have a Great following.

worst part is they pegged me as Simon Scott, sent a bit of hate his way n the poor bloke has nothin to do with it.
Id rather focus on recruits seein thats the season we r in. Pre season is 3 weeks away.
The Roos pull Dale Carsin, Ammos, Drysie, Port get stronger.. Whats Newcombe, Heads, Torq and Q'cliffe doin?
Brent McLeod signed at Grove over the weekend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i herd Lynch on somewhere between $30-50k, Linton on $1k a game. Macleod would b askin similar. that culd be anywhere between $60-70k on 3 blokes.
i dont see this ending well
After the job I did on mitch day this year, Brent McLeod a piece of cake
pupsthrushton said:
Showtime, the pupla is here!!

Where to begin..
you begin by not talking about yourself flog

Revolving door1, Yesterday at 8:03 AM Report
Share Tweet
#1033 Unlike +

Unless you are Dangerfield stop dribbling . If you are that good bud you would be playing GFL or higher.....Great to know who you play for .Be a great to see you in full flight or maybe warming the bench
Drysdale spud who shits himself in front of goals melbsaint. If he wasn't tall he would be playing with the biggest spud of all in the ressies. ( that was for you footyfan)

i herd Lynch on somewhere between $30-50k, Linton on $1k a game. Macleod would b askin similar. that culd be anywhere between $60-70k on 3 blokes.
i dont see this ending well
Lynch figure is closer to $50k Linton was on abit more than that last year. Macleods name seems to be coming up a lot so highest bidder wins there. It's amazing how much money is still asked for when salary caps are in place.
Not AFL Barwon fault clubs had a chance at the begin to put real figures in and they all bullshited what the spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back