Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

You would know how he feels then as most Eagles supporters on here think you are a muppet :$
You Fremantle supporters are a worry!! Why don't you worry more about your own Club for from what I've heard Fyfe is not exactly the flavour of the month with most of your playing group:rolleyes: no doubt in most Clubs a bit of politics goes on within the playing group from time to time.

anyway lets ignore the freo supporters obsessing about WC and get back to discussing the new stadium

are Freo worried if they have the usual shocker like this year they will only be able to quarter fill the new stadium ?

anyway lets ignore the freo supporters obsessing about WC and get back to discussing the new stadium

are Freo worried if they have the usual shocker like this year they will only be able to quarter fill the new stadium ?

Mate honestly I don't give a s**t about the pathetic banter between West Coast and Freo fans, I'm keen on this new stadium.

You're all bloody pathetic to be honest.

Not all the fans of both clubs, BTW - just the peons that think anyone is impressed by this laughable quibble.

Stop ******* up any thread dedicated to either side.

It's peasantly.

Mate honestly I don't give a s**t about the pathetic banter between West Coast and Freo fans, I'm keen on this new stadium.

You're all bloody pathetic to be honest.

Not all the fans of both clubs, BTW - just the peons that think anyone is impressed by this laughable quibble.

Stop ******* up any thread dedicated to either side.

It's peasantly.

Duly noted. Sorry for my part.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that escalated quickly. How about stadium talk?

Agreed.

You've got a ripping new stadium going up - I seriously don't see why it has to turn in to another Freo/WC shitfight.

NewPerthStadium twitter...

A la carte & buffet restaurant construction has begun. Overlooking river fed lake, they will be open year round from early 2018. pic.twitter.com/rwKmQEgfSR

CvpxGrnUAAAEcJf.jpg:large

If you think this stadium is hard to get to, you need your head checked. It has a massive purpose-built train station, buses and connections to CBD parking space. Any talk of parking space near the stadium itself is extremely stupid. Only in Perth do people expect to be able to drive to a massive 40,000+ person event and park nearby. How do you expect this to happen on a Friday night? In every real city in the world people catch public transport. And yes, children are capable of walking a couple of km and catching a bus or a train. Also - Umbrellas. The only other option is building a stadium in a horrible, soulless location a million miles from the city centre with no other decent social amenities just so bogans can avoid public transport. Can you even imagine what a car park for 20,000 cars looks like? Because Waverley and Football Park worked out so well in the end... Surely the MCG and Adelaide Oval are more worthy exemplars. Catch a bloody train, take a walk, buy a raincoat, get a bite to eat, some decent coffee and a beer while your at it. Dream bigger.
yep, well said. Have I come in here to view recent pictures and found people whingeing about the location again?

I'm no supporter of any government or political party, but in this instance I reckon they got the location right and it's going to be spectacular. At which other locations do the whingers think the stadium could've been built with easier access while still affording the cultural benefits of being in close proximity to the city?

As long as there's enough parking space for people with disabilities, there is no problem.

Some people are just too precious, driving around in their ridiculous SUVs, especially when it comes to their kids. Somewhere along the lines people started to forget that children are incredibly resilient, even when it comes to being outdoors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back