Switch Nintendo Switch - teaser trailer page 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. It would cost way more to develop and would sell similar numbers.
A full blown Pokémon would be a game changer. I have about 5 mates who never even considered getting a wii u but would get this thing instantly for a Pokémon. It would literally sell consoles on its own.

It will happen eventually if they let the 3ds die out and just stick to the one piece of hardware (which makes sense)

A full blown Pokémon would be a game changer. I have about 5 mates who never even considered getting a wii u but would get this thing instantly for a Pokémon. It would literally sell consoles on its own.

It will happen eventually if they let the 3ds die out and just stick to the one piece of hardware (which makes sense)

What they already make ARE 'full blown Pokemon games'. Pokemon Final Fantasy edition wouldn't recoup the costs it would take to make it when compared to continuing on the path they're going down.

They'll be able to improve the look of each generation more than they've done from handheld to handheld (eg. no chuggging on the 3D environment like there was in X/Y), but it won't be much more than that.

Bear in mind, I'm not saying I'm opposed to the concept, I just don't see it happening.

If 3rd party devs have to downgrade their game so it's runs on the Switch they will jump ship this is what I'm most concerned about. Hoping the hardware is beefy enough so devs can just port their games which seems to be with showing Skyrim but that's a 5 year old game also think this will spell the end of the 3ds.

The idea of having 1 device and not needing to go buy a dedicated portable is great imo.

Last edited:
Lol you seriously have no idea

Pretty much, no different to them making a Mario game or even a Zelda in terms of process, it would actually cost less than Zelda to make certainly and would make probably more money in sales.

They'd make plenty of money on it.

Pretty much, no different to them making a Mario game or even a Zelda in terms of process, it would actually cost less than Zelda to make certainly and would make probably more money in sales.

They'd make plenty of money on it.
pokemon is basically a license to print money.

I hope the Wii U Pro Controller is somehow compatible.

It'll be very interesting to see what happens with Pokemon.

If they went for a game like 'The Elder Scrolls: Pokemon', I'd guess it'd be in the ball park of a 5 year development phase. It's not impossible and would probably be the biggest system seller you could imagine but they aren't going to give up the (mostly) annual releases so there'd have to be a LOT of movement behind the scenes given that it's not just Nintendo who'd be involved.

thinking about porting ds games like pokemon, the switch would need to accommodate the bottom screen somehow. perhaps it would have side by side display rather than one above the other, or maybe you need to turn the screen sideways. Although unless the new game is a big departure from how pokemon has been using the dual screens the last few generation, i cant see how the new game could work on a tv all that well unless it has little to no touchscreen requirements. dont forget the pad thing is docked when displaying on atv so it cant be used as a touchpad.

The handheld/tablet part isn't as big as it looked in the video.

CvcVsCEW8AACfIR.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it's about the size of a Vita.

Lol you seriously have no idea

This coming from the guy who repeatedly said in this very thread that I was wrong to say that the Switch would not be a classic home or handheld console.

If you want a massive Pokemon RPG, it will cost a lot to make. It would also have to be made by a different company, as Game Freak only have experience in handheld games. That's quite problematic for Game Freak, as if they decided to go this route, presumably it would be at the expense of their current games, which means no yearly releases, which means a lot of money gone...for what? A one off that will stop people from wanting to buy another Pokemon game for ages?

The cost-benefit does not add up for them. Simple as that. If they can figure out a way to make it work out for them, great. But I don't see how it does, and your insults don't change that.

If you want a massive Pokemon RPG, it will cost a lot to make. It would also have to be made by a different company, as Game Freak only have experience in handheld games. That's quite problematic for Game Freak, as if they decided to go this route, presumably it would be at the expense of their current games, which means no yearly releases, which means a lot of money gone...for what? A one off that will stop people from wanting to buy another Pokemon game for ages?

We've got similar views on this except for the conclusion. They can't do it at the expense of the annual releases, but I can see a situation where Nintendo gets a studio like Monolith to work hand in hand with an expanded Game Freak to get it to work.

The push would have to come absolutely from Nintendo, as the Pokemon Company and Game Freak will just stay the course but Nintendo would be crazy if the haven't, aren't or won't look at it.

I don't agree with your last point. 1. Don't announce the game until late to not adversely affect any 'normal' games prior to its release. 2. Make it a R/B/G re-imagining. That still keeps the future annual releases as relevant with their new worlds and Pokemon.

We've got similar views on this except for the conclusion. They can't do it at the expense of the annual releases, but I can see a situation where Nintendo gets a studio like Monolith to work hand in hand with an expanded Game Freak to get it to work.

The push would have to come absolutely from Nintendo, as the Pokemon Company and Game Freak will just stay the course but Nintendo would be crazy if the haven't, aren't or won't look at it.

I don't agree with your last point. 1. Don't announce the game until late to not adversely affect any 'normal' games prior to its release. 2. Make it a R/B/G re-imagining. That still keeps the future annual releases as relevant with their new worlds and Pokemon.

Monolith was the name that came to mind when I was thinking about who could pull this off. I don't think Game Freak would actually work on it at all. I do like the idea of going back to RBG, rather than having them do another remake of it.

It's a question of what TPC wants. Yes, Nintendo own a third of TPC, but TPC have a lot of independence wrt what they do with the Pokemon name. Game Freak and Creatures wouldn't get anything out of it.

TPC have actually said that they are working on a game for the Switch, but I expect it to be something like Battle Revolution.

Monolith was the name that came to mind when I was thinking about who could pull this off. I don't think Game Freak would actually work on it at all. I do like the idea of going back to RBG, rather than having them do another remake of it.

It's a question of what TPC wants. Yes, Nintendo own a third of TPC, but TPC have a lot of independence wrt what they do with the Pokemon name. Game Freak and Creatures wouldn't get anything out of it.

TPC have actually said that they are working on a game for the Switch, but I expect it to be something like Battle Revolution.
Hoping for more Pokemon Stadium 1/2 than PBR tbh

All you have to do is look at pokemon go to see how successful ANYTHING to do with Pokemon is.
This coming from the guy who repeatedly said in this very thread that I was wrong to say that the Switch would not be a classic home or handheld console.
Lol okay, go ahead and hang your hat on that, champ.

All you have to do is look at pokemon go to see how successful ANYTHING to do with Pokemon is.

no-one is suggesting it wouldn't be successful in and of itself. read my argument properly.

Lol okay, go ahead and hang your hat on that, champ.

You're welcome to disagree in a way that suggests you have put on ounce of critical thinking into it.

None of this paragraph makes any sense. Why would game freak have ANY problem making a console game just because they've only dine handhelds? All they would need to do to make a functioning console version is bump up the graphics a bit and possibly rearrange the controls. Neither of these things is a major task. There is little to no difference between handheld and console games besides the size of the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back