RDFL 2016 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Are goldfields fair dinkum? I have harped on about the points system a bit, but seems a variable fo reach club with points, surely majority are beating to the same drum except those in exceptional circumstances. Gold fields need to pull their head in, show some leaderships, set the points cap for all and that's that. I note in the Ballarat League it farcical to, Melton South have played finals 2 of the last 6 years and have a points cap of 50, what a joke, lets me guess, they get fev and his mates in so goldfields love the popularity. Policy is not about popularity goldfields, have the balls to make a stand for "Club sustainability" as you say or stop being a fraud as we all see through it.

The Salary cap is going to do absolutely nothing. Clubs will find ways around it through sponsors and the league doesn't have the resources to police it.
It is going ahead but it has already had a affect that is the $$$ as some clubs are not spending anywhere near there past as it takes a massive toll in the long term and volunteers are sick of the greed amongst players there will be still some clubs with the money men it's either for the others to budget or perhaps shut shop ..this Will create the gap between the haves and have nots even more noticeable. Going to be interesting times when the first club is caught over the cap how fairdinkum the afl
Standing on this is and weather the big boys ATO wage in . Have the new player contracts been sent to clubs to be sent for verification by leagues yet also ?
This was all advertised to clubs over the last six months .....

It is going ahead but it has already had a affect that is the $$$ as some clubs are not spending anywhere near there past as it takes a massive toll in the long term and volunteers are sick of the greed amongst players there will be still some clubs with the money men it's either for the others to budget or perhaps shut shop ..this Will create the gap between the haves and have nots even more noticeable. Going to be interesting times when the first club is caught over the cap how fairdinkum the afl
Standing on this is and weather the big boys ATO wage in . Have the new player contracts been sent to clubs to be sent for verification by leagues yet also ?
This was all advertised to clubs over the last six months .....
I am probably a cynic on the cap to, I just can't see how it is policed. Keston can you explain how it is managed if say a club only declared 50% of what they are going to pay a player in the official player contracts with the player receiving the rest from sponsor's etc. How does that work or is policed?

Are goldfields fair dinkum? I have harped on about the points system a bit, but seems a variable fo reach club with points, surely majority are beating to the same drum except those in exceptional circumstances. Gold fields need to pull their head in, show some leaderships, set the points cap for all and that's that. I note in the Ballarat League it farcical to, Melton South have played finals 2 of the last 6 years and have a points cap of 50, what a joke, lets me guess, they get fev and his mates in so goldfields love the popularity. Policy is not about popularity goldfields, have the balls to make a stand for "Club sustainability" as you say or stop being a fraud as we all see through it.

Just a correction here champ. South last played finals in 2011, and prior to that 2008 (so twice in 8 years). They were awarded the extra 5 points based on winning a total of 4 games in the last 3 years, and this was done before Fev was appointed.

Are goldfields fair dinkum?

Policy is not about popularity goldfields, have the balls to make a stand for "Club sustainability" as you say or stop being a fraud as we all see through it.

It's pretty simple, if the club presidents are happy then nothing changes. The presidents lobby the RDFL Board should there be issues/concerns on any topic - who in turn have to relay that onto the leagues Administrators ... being AFL Goldfields. The RDFL Board still have the majority of say and control on a lot of things, it's just at times they don't appear strong enough in character to speak up on the clubs/shareholders behalf, or maybe its a case of a lot of people being unhappy but never actually bringing it up at RDFL level.

Well that's how I understand it's meant to happen

Last edited:
I am probably a cynic on the cap to, I just can't see how it is policed. Keston can you explain how it is managed if say a club only declared 50% of what they are going to pay a player in the official player contracts with the player receiving the rest from sponsor's etc. How does that work or is policed?
I am also in agreeable with your point ,,,but from what I understand is that the players contract must pass by the league to be signed off then the player is to be given a seperation or group certificate at end June ... ( there is only one club doing this already from what I've heard ) clubs books then can be checked with income costings to run for season all viewed to see how realistic there numbers are... If you are caught in any way breaching the system ie a pissed off member player coach etc then the responsibility falls on the president and executive and player with the breach bringing heavy penalties and can have ATO consequences hence some clubs already have stated they would not take the risk personally or on the club... They will make a statement with a some clubs flaunting the rules to flex there muscles EDFL clubs have bigger caps hence will find it easier understand RDFL cap is $120,000..

understand RDFL cap is $120,000..

Will be a few purse strings tightening, I'd be confident in suggesting a club or 2 (or3) once all payments finalised for 2016 would have exceeded this figure. Hard to believe it's got to this in under a decade, it's amazing what you stumble across when you're a hoarder like me.
Sunday I thru out a lot of financials from the 90's up until about 5-6 years ago, and I was shocked to read some of the comparisons ....

The RDFL Board still have the majority of say and control on a lot of things, it's just at times they don't appear strong enough in character to speak up on the clubs/shareholders behalf, or maybe its a case of a lot of people being unhappy but never actually bringing it up at RDFL level.

Well that's how I understand it's meant to happen

Still haven't heard in what form this is going ahead, will go ahead but some tweaking may be needed in the wording from those in charge (not goldfields).

So I now assume I've kinda been on the right track (^^^ Above) in regards to decision making, and that many aren't aware of the power the clubs should still have on many area's of governance?

So I now assume I've kinda been on the right track (^^^ Above) in regards to decision making, and that many aren't aware of the power the clubs should still have on many area's of governance?
Issue is some presidents do it because no one else wants to so they don't have the time
Others just don't care and some are puppets to the league
So I agree doona unless the clubs make a stand there will be no controll

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be a few purse strings tightening, I'd be confident in suggesting a club or 2 (or3) once all payments finalised for 2016 would have exceeded this figure. Hard to believe it's got to this in under a decade, it's amazing what you stumble across when you're a hoarder like me.
Sunday I thru out a lot of financials from the 90's up until about 5-6 years ago, and I was shocked to read some of the comparisons ....
Times change

How much do they owe then mouth peice

Don't get sucked into this Spy, I know you're not a fan of mine but for the sake of those involved here's hoping the affairs get sorted as quick as they possibly can and some positivity can return after some "on field" forward steps recently.

Keston banged on about how good the business plan is/was as well as frequenting these pages with the buzz phrase "due diligence" so I'm trusting the rumours are exactly that ..... rumours

Don't get sucked into this Spy, I know you're not a fan of mine but for the sake of those involved here's hoping the affairs get sorted as quick as they possibly can and some positivity can return after some "on field" forward steps recently.

Keston banged on about how good the business plan is/was as well as frequenting these pages with the buzz phrase "due diligence" so I'm trusting the rumours are exactly that ..... rumours
Let's not sugar coat this there is issues that from what I was told being sorted ...as for buisness plan can't comment what's happen in the last 12 months wasn't there .....things change

Not rumours , but as I am a mouthpiece can tell you after talking to a player , a certain sponsor was promised something and this was not delivered so therefore did not pay and therefore players were not paid.
Confusious say Never listen to man with forked tongue

Not rumours , but as I am a mouthpiece can tell you after talking to a player , a certain sponsor was promised something and this was not delivered so therefore did not pay and therefore players were not paid.
Confusious say Never listen to man with forked tongue
Musth Have been a large sponsorship ..
Confusious also says don't believed everything you hear as third hand it's normally the fourth version... Better to get it from the horses mouth.....

Well that's always best but don't think this player would have any reason to handle the truth carelessly

Music to my ears this one, been banging on for years about the clearance/rego "window" opening before Xmas due to all the quality blokes who commit, take sign ons only to skip come Feb 1 annually.

Please say it's happening in every comp?

http://www.nfl.org.au/index.php?id=13&tx_ttnews[year]=2016&tx_ttnews[month]=10&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=2669&cHash=46854ab900094b40e354e9417665e4a2
Just wondering how this works as window open in November how other league clubs respond as there footy department may not be operating so clearance may not be granted agree this system needs to happen but vic wide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back