2017 Carlton's Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think 2017 season will see us flop after the "honeymoon"...Bolts trains hard and extracts a lot from his group,pushing them further forward in fitness,and strategy team rolls....basically we once again will begin to see an efficient sweeping defence,an ok midfield,and this time an emergence of some kind of forward structure,with Mc Kay,Jack,Pickett later,C.Curnow,Sumner [fit],Smedts,Lamb,Casboult,Jones,Jaksch......

I think Bolts with Shane Watson will try and develope a strategy forward..something was very wrong in 2016..
we were easily shut down by opposition defence with limited marking of long balls in ,and not a lot of leading and creative passing going forward..would either miss the shot or turn it over proir to that quite easily.

They will have to strip back the forward set up and really try and see what might begin to work..long balls in to Casboult or Jones saw very limited returns...i think we will begin to see a more mobile set up...and a lot more running and leading,to open up space,not a sit at home forward taking two defenders all day ,no chance.

I think McKay, can do this..he can lead and will have to cover a lot of ground.

Looking at Plowman and Sumner who came in and played from no pre season within the first few rounds. I think, even if he's not at 100% we may see him play some. Just to get a fresh face in the side.

That being said. More competition for spots this year. Especially half forward/wing spots with Sumner, Curnow, Palmer, Wright, Kerridge, Boekhurst, Cuningham all pushing for selection. Not to mention any draftees we take this year.

But im thinking.. looking at his highlights. A 75% Pickett may be better than a few of those boys.
Yes i agree but.
I would say they wont rush him back...he would be under pretty big wraps even now,could be one of the best plus he would be making his AFL debut for Carlton so will be a proud moment ...he will be built up a bit first for sure 75 % is pretty bad.
i cant wait to see Pickett debut for us. Go Blues !

B Plowman (22, 39, 19) Rowe (29, 73, 22) Marchbank (20, 7, 2)
HB Docherty (23, 70, 22) Weitering (19, 20, 20) Simpson (32, 264, 22)

R Kreuzer (27, 140, 21) Cripps (21, 44, 21) Gibbs (27, 209, 22)
C E. Curnow (27, 109, 21) Murphy (29, 214, 10) Kerridge (23, 48, 21)

HF Wright (27, 116, 22) C. Curnow (19, 6, 6) Palmer (27, 122, 12)
F Armfield (30, 140, 15) Casboult (26, 72, 20) Silvagni (19, 8, 8)

I Buckley (23, 38, 11) Pickett (20, 0, 0) Thomas (29, 200, 18) Phillips (25, 30, 16)

Bit to work with but still a lot to be done. I expect pick 5 to slot straight into the side, probably at the expense of Pickett while he eases back into football post injury. Byrne replaces Buckley when he's back.

We need to pick up Barlow in the pre-season draft. Given we kept Gibbs, we must try make the 8.

B: Plowman----------------Marchbank----------------Bryne

H: Docherty----------------Weitering----------------Simpson

C: Thomas------------------Cripps------------------C.Curnow

H: Smedts------------------McKay-------------------Kerridge

F: Wright-------------------Casboult-----------------Pickett

Foll: Kreuzer, Gibbs, Murphy

Bench: Palmer, *Barlow, Silvagni, Pick No.5

Simpson Rowe Plowman
Marchbank Weitering Docherty
Ed Curnow Gibbs Cunningham
Wright Casboult Silvagni
Sumner L.Jones C.Curnow
Kreuzer Cripps ; Murphy
Phillips Buckley Pickett Pick 5 mid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Play on words , Blue Bagger / Baggers were not

Remember Doug Bigelow from the ABC radio referring to them as TBB s !!
I get all that. My surprise was that it was still available. Be like me going on one of those online dating sites like RSPCA and thinking Handsome Guy was still going to be around.

I get all that. My surprise was that it was still available. Be like me going on one of those online dating sites like RSPCA and thinking Handsome Guy was still going to be around.

FMD - HandsomeGuy.....if you want to stand out from the crowd you will need to be hip & trendy, so people want to take you out for coffee and have you sit at their feet.
I'm going with BlueFrenchie.
******* old farts they just don't get it.

any team with the names jones & casboult as your key forwards can never be classed as a "best" 22
I don't have much support on this but I still think Casboult can play high CHF and be a valuable player , push him up the ground and away from the goals. Similar to how Earl played !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back