News 2017 Club Membership packages

CarAttack

Senior List
Apr 28, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Hoping somebody could clarify something for me.
I am an AFL Member with Geelong Support and have been for 20 yrs. I have previously bundled this in with a reserved seat at KP at extra cost for me and the family. As a Melbourne based fan, I am going to have to give the reserved seat the flick this year as the fixture is VERY unfriendly to Melb based supporters with young kids.
Having said that, I would still like to go to KP once or twice to watch the cats live.
However somebody has told me that an AFL Membership, even with Geelong package, doesnt give you General Admission to KP.
Surely this isnt correct ?!?!?!
Does somebody know if this is the case ? Dr. Google couldnt seem to help me !

Oct 31, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
LEEDS
I am an AFL Member with Geelong Support and have been for 20 yrs. I have previously bundled this in with a reserved seat at KP at extra cost for me and the family. As a Melbourne based fan, I am going to have to give the reserved seat the flick this year as the fixture is VERY unfriendly to Melb based supporters with young kids.
Having said that, I would still like to go to KP once or twice to watch the cats live.
However somebody has told me that an AFL Membership, even with Geelong package, doesnt give you General Admission to KP.
Ring the club, they will help you

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham

I'm also an AFL member with reserved seats at KP.

I am 99% sure that the AFL membership alone doesn't guarantee you general admission entry to KP, however you can pay to upgrade (anywhere from $10-40+) to a reserved seat on a match-by-match basis.

Jemaine

All Australian
Mar 17, 2009
Inner City
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Toothbrush Jars & Camera Phones
Can someone please explain this to me? I've just received my rollover for the SC and it's $805.

But the Johnny come lately types who haven't had to pay to be on a waiting list, or be restricted for a few years first can purchase a SC membership for $750 according to https://membership.geelongcats.com.au/packages/view/730/2017-Geelong-Social-Club

After putting up with that craptacular tiny room this year and still paying full price, it's us existing members who should be getting the cheaper deal if anything. This club absolutely baffles me sometimes.

Quick question I'm hoping someone can help me with regarding reserved seating at KP.

I got my rpmembership renewal notice tonight and I'm shifting seats st KP again next season (formally Ablett Terrace where they are currently redeveloping the stand). Next year I'm in the Players Stand row V - is that in the open, undercover or on the fringe like if it's raining overhead cover doesn't make a difference?

Sep 28, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Quick question I'm hoping someone can help me with regarding reserved seating at KP.

I got my rpmembership renewal notice tonight and I'm shifting seats st KP again next season (formally Ablett Terrace where they are currently redeveloping the stand). Next year I'm in the Players Stand row V - is that in the open, undercover or on the fringe like if it's raining overhead cover doesn't make a difference?
We are staying in our same seats in the Players Stand. They are now called row AA. We are undercover. I'm not sure if V would get some mist/rain.

GHS33

Club Legend
Feb 28, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Can someone please explain this to me? I've just received my rollover for the SC and it's $805.

But the Johnny come lately types who haven't had to pay to be on a waiting list, or be restricted for a few years first can purchase a SC membership for $750 according to https://membership.geelongcats.com.au/packages/view/730/2017-Geelong-Social-Club

After putting up with that craptacular tiny room this year and still paying full price, it's us existing members who should be getting the cheaper deal if anything. This club absolutely baffles me sometimes.

Have to agree with you here. The club membership options are severely lacking. I've been an interstate member for ten years. I pay my $100 each year for essentially a pen and some stickers.

I've emailed the club every year but nothing's changed. Fair enough if the club doesn't have enough interstate members t justify adding value to the memberships. But I've cancelled my membership now, and that's at least one less member on board for 2017.

Last edited:

Henry85

Senior List
Jan 31, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong

It did in the past but been overseas for two years. They may have changed it but I wouldn't have thought so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm tossing up if I keep my seat or not... the bloke I was sitting with is wondering if he goes back to standing room and puts the money he saves towards an interstate trip... I really don't know what I should do

Question for anyone that knows.... if I take over the seat next to mine and attach it to my sons kiddy membership... what do I have to do to be able to use it to get another adult in on the games that he won't go to

No longer have to pre-book for a seat in GA at KP. Can just scan your membership upon entry :)
How's that going to work? Will always be full.

re cat

Premiership Player
May 14, 2007
2 hrs from KP
AFL Club
Geelong
Question for anyone that knows.... if I take over the seat next to mine and attach it to my sons kiddy membership... what do I have to do to be able to use it to get another adult in on the games that he won't go to

I do it at the G and dome but they are members so scan and sit in my kids seats

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
How's that going to work? Will always be full.
I guess you need to get there bright and early to secure a seat. You can't pre-book these seats either, but you can upgrade your membership to a premium reserved seat for $10. Which is something I'll probably do since there are a few KP games I won't attend.

MiaCat

Rookie
Geelong Cats - Sam Simpson Player Sponsor 2017 Geelong Cats - Nakia Cockatoo Player Sponsor 2016 Geelong Cats - Nakia Cockatoo Player Sponsor 2015 Geelong Cats - Travis Varcoe 2014 Player Sponsor
May 16, 2011
Leopold
AFL Club
Geelong
I do it all the time at KP! The visitor just needs a adult general admission ticket, have the seat ticket with you to show security if they ask but they have never checked it. I have never had an issue with an adult using my child's seat.

Gone a home and away membership, excited to try and get to more games in 2017, thought about a reserved seat but will wait I think.

I went with mate a few times and used his kids seat, just go to the ticket booth and pay about a $30 upgrade.

But confirm this is still the case.

CatsDoItBetter

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Is a child's seat cheaper?

I went with mate a few times and used his kids seat, just go to the ticket booth and pay about a $30 upgrade.

But confirm this is still the case.
Yeah I'll ring during the week. the cost has gone down for me with one less home game, so I'm thinking if i move to a cheaper seat it may work out the same as what I paid this year but for 2 seats

Sticksman

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Is a membership with reserved seating cheaper in 2017 seeing as there's one fewer game than this year?

update:
Just answered my own question. In 2017 it will be for me $30 cheaper. It works out to about a 1% increase which is more than reasonable

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm tossing up if I keep my seat or not... the bloke I was sitting with is wondering if he goes back to standing room and puts the money he saves towards an interstate trip... I really don't know what I should do

Go with whatever suits your circumstances best. If you're keen on the interstate trip (and it would be cool) make sure you do that.

Go with whatever suits your circumstances best. If you're keen on the interstate trip (and it would be cool) make sure you do that.
I am currently negotiating with the boss for an interstate trip :D

Back