Travel Unusual Travel Destinations To Visit

Remove this Banner Ad

We are looking at Cuba right now but having trouble actually finding a hotel that isn't a typical resort.

We want to go somewhere in the Caribbean or South America where there are great beaches that are not packed.. But where there is culture too and not just another city like all else. Mrs is starting to look at Seychelles which is beautiful but there's no real action or culture.

We also want to be reasonably safe too.

Going in mid November for 3 weeks just don't know where yet.
Go Cuba, Cayo Largo <3 , the beach is just wow! its way better than what maldives have to offer that a fraction of the cost.

Will do. We don't go till late November. Bought a GoPro just for the trip.
We are going to Ecuador this Christmas to the Galapagos Islands, i have always been fascinated by this Island ever since i was a kid. Got a good package to go with it. Also doing Peru and Chile.

Booked in for Iceland late next year after a States trip. Can't wait..

Probably becoming a little more mainstream now but still super excited

Ive been to East Germany when the wall was still up and Hungary and Yugoslavia
Turkey, Egypt, Mexico 30 years ago
Israel, Palestine
Had the opportunity to go to Baghdad 30 years ago as apart of English truck convoy, but didnt want to leave my GF alone in Turkey.
India a lot of the west coast mainly on a motor bike.

Canberra not that unusual,but didn't know where else to post.
I don't here many people say they're going to Canberra.
I thought I would go home though Canberra,there a more to do than first thought here.[/QUO

Everyone I know who hasever lived there loves the place, weather not withstanding. It must have something

We are going to Ecuador this Christmas to the Galapagos Islands, i have always been fascinated by this Island ever since i was a kid. Got a good package to go with it. Also doing Peru and Chile.
I found the Galapagos to be amazing. The trick is to not swim around thinking you're David Attenborough and giving underwater commentary. It will prevent you drowning. Seriously though, it was like:-

"wow just ahead of me is a Galapagos shark, hope he isn't hungry! To my left is a school of penguins swimming and to my right are a couple of playful seals. Observing us all are a couple of frigate birds, whilst the blue footed boobies are busy fishing for food for their family.

Absolutely astonishing place. Hope you enjoy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I found the Galapagos to be amazing. The trick is to not swim around thinking you're David Attenborough and giving underwater commentary. It will prevent you drowning. Seriously though, it was like:-

"wow just ahead of me is a Galapagos shark, hope he isn't hungry! To my left is a school of penguins swimming and to my right are a couple of playful seals. Observing us all are a couple of frigate birds, whilst the blue footed boobies are busy fishing for food for their family.

Absolutely astonishing place. Hope you enjoy!

I can so relate to this... "soon they will mate"; "coitus is brief" and "gee that zebra better say the * good night" are all lines that come to mind.

Been in Guatemala a few days now, go to Antigua tomorrow before rio dulce and Flores after that.

Once done with Guatemala I'm up to Belize before getting back to Mexico November 25th I think it is

Cuba is probably my favourite part of this trip so far, Mexico/Guatemala are tight. Guatemala is better scenery but I'm just pissed off at locals getting in your face every 5seconds to sell you s**t which is annoying me in Guatemala, yeah, it happened everywhere on this trip, but after 5 weeks my patience is running thin

Been in Guatemala a few days now, go to Antigua tomorrow before rio dulce and Flores after that.

Once done with Guatemala I'm up to Belize before getting back to Mexico November 25th I think it is
Keep me updated over the weekend about Belize, we arrive Tuesday. We are avoiding Belize city completely, simply landing and getting out of the city straight away.

Those people selling stuff s**t me to tears,but they're also quiet funny at times.
In Paris they were selling roses then it started raining they all took off,next minute they're back selling umbrellas lol.
They may s**t you but they gotta make a living

I've been to Brazil one time, there was a carnival and everything was really cool. I lived in a lovely family as a couchsurfer, that one:httр://swар-house.соm/host/brasil/ and ate the local food in the small family restaurants. And people there! Oh, they are absolutely different. More open for everything :)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back