2016 Draft Thread - The Rebuild Begins

If available, which player do you want us to select at pick 7?

• Sam Petrevski-Seton

Votes: 123 45.6%
  • Tim English

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Ben Ainsworth

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Tim Taranto

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • Griffin Logue

Votes: 43 15.9%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Josh Rotham

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Oliver Florent

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Cedric Cox

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why? looks all class to me...reminds me of Grant Birchall
He just strikes me as a vanilla tall HBF type, I can't get the names the likes of Alex Forster, Pitt, Roberton (even though I was always a fan of him) out of my mind. ie. the tall, skinny distributor that gets found out at the big time. Now obviously there'll be differences and people will argue semantics, but overall i'm just not a fan of the type.

He just strikes me as a vanilla tall HBF type, I can't get the names the likes of Alex Forster, Pitt, Roberton (even though I was always a fan of him) out of my mind. ie. the tall, skinny distributor that gets found out at the big time. Now obviously there'll be differences and people will argue semantics, but overall i'm just not a fan of the type.

Yeah I'm not seeing that.
He's a willing participant at the contest, great tackler and a nice left boot, I reckon he can be a good interceptor/distributor.
I like him

Yeah I'm not seeing that.
He's a willing participant at the contest, great tackler and a nice left boot, I reckon he can be a good interceptor/distributor.
I like him

I like him too. Not too dissimilar to Bontempelli, but Birchall is probably the better comparison. Logue would be handy too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't want Brodie at all and now he's my second pick behind SPS. I've decided to go in with a complete trust exercise of our recruiters tomorrow. I melted hard when we chose Weller/Blakely/Langdon over KPFs but I've since been proven very, very wrong. So now I trust in our recruiters and whatever happens happens.

But seriously... How good would it be if SPS slides

I think we are faced with the same situation, back in 2014 we knew that McPharlin, Pav, Johnson were all nearing retirement and needed to replace KPP. Instead we overlooked Lever and took Weller. While Weller is good I can't believe we overlooked Lever which would look great in our team.

We ignored the holes in our list and finished 3rd last!

It's now 2016 and we have Sandilands, Griffin nearing retirement and Clarke is questionable. Our Midfield looks strong, KPP looks improved (while unproven). We have the opportunity to pick up English we can't let him go!!!

I think we are faced with the same situation, back in 2014 we knew that McPharlin, Pav, Johnson were all nearing retirement and needed to replace KPP. Instead we overlooked Lever and took Weller. While Weller is good I can't believe we overlooked Lever which would look great in our team.

We ignored the holes in our list and finished 3rd last!

It's now 2016 and we have Sandilands, Griffin nearing retirement and Clarke is questionable. Our Midfield looks strong, KPP looks improved (while unproven). We have the opportunity to pick up English we can't let him go!!!

Yeah we can.
Can take Olango later

Interesting story in the Worst today.

English has been hitting the gym hard. Has gone from 84kg at the u18 champs and is 92kg now.

For some reason, i think we'll take him tomorrow afternoon.

What I liked about the article was how disappointed he was about his last game. He saw that he had to do something about his strength and he wasn't happy to be talked about as being a 3-4 year development project. He is working hard to be in a position to play next year. Good on him, attitude counts for so much and he certainly has the athletic capabilities required.

Too much has been made of one bad game, would be over the moon if we pick him up, serves a real need.

I like Seton and Logue from WA. I wouldn't try and get English with our pick 7 or 35. I also like Pepper a lot.
From Victoria I love Josh Battle, Will Brodie and Jordan Gallucci. Have a look at the video on Battle with his green machine (his car), he is really committed and was saying that he only drinks water and hasn't touched alcohol because of his dream to play AFL.

i-hate-english.jpg

I'll end up liking anyone that ends up at the Dockers but I'm certainly not on the English bandwagon in the slightest.

Either way, can't see us going wrong.

Still want Logue however the likes of Scrimshaw and Brodie look to be very good prospects. Can see all 3 being elite. We will just have to back in our recruiters into which one they pick (one of them likely to be gone before our pick).

Either way, can't see us going wrong.

Still want Logue however the likes of Scrimshaw and Brodie look to be very good prospects. Can see all 3 being elite. We will just have to back in our recruiters into which one they pick (one of them likely to be gone before our pick).

Yeah, Not sold on English.

Pretty sure that most of us were keen on English a month to two weeks ago. The changing standing of him in most phantom drafts and in the media has driven a change in freo supporters preference for him. The converse has happened to Logue.
I for one just want to see how it plays out
I've always had the preference of SPS, English, Brodie, Scrimshaw, Logue so I think Ill be happy with most of our choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back