Status
Not open for further replies.

Footyz Life

Senior List
Mar 15, 2007
Western Highway
AFL Club
Essendon
With the season of 2016 now behind us and the power of the Giants taking home the silverware, What are the coaching appointments for each side? Seems to be a lot of jobs vacant.
Giants - Burdett?
Harrow/Balmoral - Cleaver?
Jeparit/Rainbow - ?
Kalkee - Schultz ?
Laharum-?
E/A - Rowe (Re-Signed)
T/Lake- ?
Swifts - Carey ?
Pimpinio - Josh Beddison (new)
N/Q - ?
Nati - ?
Rup - ?

With the season of 2016 now behind us and the power of the Giants taking home the silverware, What are the coaching appointments for each side? Seems to be a lot of jobs vacant.
Giants - Burdett?
Jeparit/Rainbow - ?
Kalkee - Hamish Exell
Laharum-?
E/A - Rowe (Re-Signed)
T/Lake- ?
Swifts - Carey ?
N/Q - ?
Nati - ?
Rup - ?

Obviously in the papers today that Kalkee have locked in Excell and Harrow/Balmoral announced Cleaver has been reappointed.

Edit: and Pekin as assistant for H/B. Very good pick up.

Last edited:

Giants - Monohan
Jeparit/Rainbow - ?
Kalkee - Hamish Exell
Laharum-Robbie Miller
E/A - Rowe (Re-Signed)
T/Lake- ?
Swifts - Carey
N/Q - ?
Nati - ?
Rup - ?
Any news on some appointments for TL, NQ, Nati and Rup anyone? Been a bit quiet.

Into the New Year now!
A list with Some player movements I have heard or have been reported.

E/A

In-
Out-
H/B
In- N Pekin,
Out-
N/Q
In- C Bruce,
Out- Spasic,
Nati
In- S Anson,
Out-
Kalkee
In- H Exell,
Out- Wade, Mibus
Pimp
In-
Out- P Knott,
T/Lake
In-
Out- D Roberts, B Roberts, G Kelm, H Kelm, P Purcell, H Johnson, B Cross, C Pennant,
Laharum
In-
Out- C Bruce, S Winfield, S Argall,
Swifts
In-
Out- Mantell,
J/R
In-
Out-
Giants
In-
Out-
Rup
In- Z May,
Out- Lang,

Into the New Year now!
A list with Some player movements I have heard or have been reported.

E/A

In-
Out-
H/B
In- N Pekin,
Out-
N/Q
In- C Bruce,
Out- Spasic,
Nati
In- S Anson,
Out-
Kalkee
In- H Exell,
Out- Wade, Mibus
Pimp
In-
Out- P Knott,
T/Lake
In-
Out- D Roberts, B Roberts, G Kelm, H Kelm, P Purcell, H Johnson, B Cross, C Pennant,
Laharum
In-
Out- C Bruce, S Winfield, S Argall,
Swifts
In-
Out- Mantell,
J/R
In-
Out-
Giants
In-
Out-
Rup
In- Z May,
Out- Lang,
Where are the Roberts boys off to?

How does everyone think Nati will go this season? played them in a praccy match yesterday just trying to get an idea on what they will be like? they would beaten us by 10 goals plus yesterday we probably had 8 of our top 10 players out tho but they were impressive Sam Anson is a huge recruit played some really high stanadard footy the last few seasons, I played with him at westerns years ago best footballer I've played with.

Rumours of Taylors Lake struggling to get a side together. Lost a ridiculous amount of their top players from last season.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Rumours of Taylors Lake struggling to get a side together. Lost a ridiculous amount of their top players from last season.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Didnt they win the b grade flag last year? Looks like a few of those a graders hiding in the b's out there might get forced up. Some of their blokes wont like that. Horsham united had several blokes playing 2 games a day before they folded/merged in Wfl recently so it can be done. Be interesting to see how they go. Either way look set for a tough season ahead

Didnt they win the b grade flag last year? Looks like a few of those a graders hiding in the b's out there might get forced up. Some of their blokes wont like that. Horsham united had several blokes playing 2 games a day before they folded/merged in Wfl recently so it can be done. Be interesting to see how they go. Either way look set for a tough season ahead
They'll lose a few of those B graders, they'll get shown up in the Ones something they won't want to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez the District League is struggling. Floggings every week. Taylors Lake has had the Milner Boys & Turmine walk out now. Not looking good

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L09 using Tapatalk

Geez the District League is struggling. Floggings every week. Taylors Lake has had the Milner Boys & Turmine walk out now. Not looking good

That's a shame. Going to make a long season even longer if players aren't hanging around. Still a month to go on clearances too. Is it just the results, or something more?

Salary caps and point systems aren't going to fix up these result margins though. I've said it before and I'll say it again, we've got two leagues that overlap and the strongest clubs should be in the Wimmera and the weaker ones in the District. At the end of each season reassess and go again. At least then more clubs will be playing against similar sides, won't be getting beaten by 200+ points, and might be able to retain players because some results might at least go their way.

That said, on the plus side, Natimuk seem to be having a positive season so far. First time they've been stringing wins together since the '90s perhaps? Finals on the cards?

http://www.mailtimes.com.au/story/4...orsham-district-football-game-assault/?cs=225

Anyone got any more info on this? Like did the field umpires make a report? Did the club of the injured player request a league investigation or they or someone else just go straight to the cops? Why are police getting involved at all with this hit in particular when majority of assaults on a football field dont go this way? Not much info in this from mail times at all. Either way not a great look for the league

http://www.mailtimes.com.au/story/4...orsham-district-football-game-assault/?cs=225

Anyone got any more info on this? Like did the field umpires make a report? Did the club of the injured player request a league investigation or they or someone else just go straight to the cops? Why are police getting involved at all with this hit in particular when majority of assaults on a football field dont go this way? Not much info in this from mail times at all. Either way not a great look for the league
All seems very strange. You would hope that if there was not a report on the day, at the very least the league is investigating the issue. Must be some sort of serious injury for the player to go to Hospital

All seems very strange. You would hope that if there was not a report on the day, at the very least the league is investigating the issue. Must be some sort of serious injury for the player to go to Hospital
I heard a week or so ago the police were in the out patients at the hospital on the Sat. when the N/Q footballer arrived and due to his facial damage they started enquiries. The league have then issued an investigation. Both players face the tribunal tonight I heard today. Orval from Giants and Hallett from N/Q.

I heard a week or so ago the police were in the out patients at the hospital on the Sat. when the N/Q footballer arrived and due to his facial damage they started enquiries. The league have then issued an investigation. Both players face the tribunal tonight I heard today. Orval from Giants and Hallett from N/Q.
Interesting. On the eve of finals there could be severe repercussions for the giants player if found guilty, he could miss the GF! Anyone know what actual facts the league investigation of the incident found or hear the result at tribuneral? Unreliable Mail times doesnt exactly like to keep people informed or follow up these type of stories sometimes

Anyone get to the HDFL Grand Final? Any thoughts on the result?
I think those two clubs should grow a pair of balls or even better the people who run country footy should just force them to go up into wimmera league next year.

No other clubs in the league were anywhere near these two.

The Giants haven't lost a game for three seasons (since they merged). And watching the game Saturday, I felt that the Giants moved the ball much more like a WFL side, switching and releasing the handball. Harrow weren't quite able to match it in that regard.

I agree that the Giants should go up (and should have been in the WFL from the start). Not as certain about Harrow though - they came from 6th last year to get to the Grand Final and this year's Preliminary Final result was as much due to injuries for JR. An argument could certainly be made though.

The Giants haven't lost a game for three seasons (since they merged). And watching the game Saturday, I felt that the Giants moved the ball much more like a WFL side, switching and releasing the handball. Harrow weren't quite able to match it in that regard.

I agree that the Giants should go up (and should have been in the WFL from the start). Not as certain about Harrow though - they came from 6th last year to get to the Grand Final and this year's Preliminary Final result was as much due to injuries for JR. An argument could certainly be made though.

It's an interesting debate. I reckon there are many blokes playing at the Giants who don't want to play at WFL level and would look elsewhere if that move were to happen. I also think a bloke like Kain Robbins would play major league footy back in Bendigo rather than traveling to play Wimmera Footy

It's an interesting debate. I reckon there are many blokes playing at the Giants who don't want to play at WFL level and would look elsewhere if that move were to happen. I also think a bloke like Kain Robbins would play major league footy back in Bendigo rather than traveling to play Wimmera Footy
Unfortunately, I think you're right. And it's hard to convince blokes (and clubs) that they should take the challenge and play the highest grade/league they are capable of.

Sometimes with a promotion/relegation system that is exactly what happens - a team does well, wins a flag, but goes up and thus their players desert because they don't like being back in the pack. Not really ideal. But would a promoted team get flogged by a bigger margin than a team who was demoted the previous year? Obviously hard to know, but stopping the floggings is also something that would benefit both leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back