Planning for AFL Fantasy 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

At the end of 2015 I already had my eye on Sheridan, Gawn, Hunter ect due to there really good finish to that given year.

Not many players like that ive got my eye on going into 2017.

Not many that stormed home in the back end of the season like these guys.

Maybe a Matt Crouch, Cripps, Brad Crouch,grundy finished the year okay but maybe a bit more expensive compared to these other guys.
Touk Miller, Heeney, the Bont all fit this category and seem like excellent options for next year.

I'm starting to really like Heeney, with Tom Mitchell having left. Such a dangerous midfielder, and two years in the system should have him ready for a greater role in Sydney's on-ball brigade, with a spot needing to be filled. Showed in finals and towards the end of the year that he can star when given solid midfield time. Him, Touk Miller, Tom Mitchell, Matt Crouch, Bontempelli, Steele all guys who should be underpriced and well worth a look next year.

If Nathan Hrovat can lock down a best 22 spot with North, he could explode, too.

I'm starting to really like Heeney, with Tom Mitchell having left. Such a dangerous midfielder, and two years in the system should have him ready for a greater role in Sydney's on-ball brigade, with a spot needing to be filled. Showed in finals and towards the end of the year that he can star when given solid midfield time. Him, Touk Miller, Tom Mitchell, Matt Crouch, Bontempelli, Steele all guys who should be underpriced and well worth a look next year.

If Nathan Hrovat can lock down a best 22 spot with North, he could explode, too.

Heeney will be my first selected (second selected will be Cripps). He is awkward priced, but his finals series shows the points he can get playing in the middle. Next season, we the Swans need him in the middle so I think he will be a good selection.

I can't wait to the prices come out to start tinkering.

I'm so pissed Macrae is now DPP. There goes my no. 1 POD for 2017 :(.

According to Warnie: Fyfe, Beams and Myers will all be getting a discount so this means thay all Bombers will be getting a discount in AFL Fantasy this year.

I expect Bennell to be around 415k if Salary remains the same.

According to Warnie: Fyfe, Beams and Myers will all be getting a discount so this means thay all Bombers will be getting a discount in AFL Fantasy this year.

I expect Bennell to be around 415k if Salary remains the same.

Not sure if I would touch H. Bennell..... You would think the bombers would get the same discount as Fyfe/Beams..... Who is interesting though? Heppell is the only one I can think of as true fantasy relevant.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure if I would touch H. Bennell..... You would think the bombers would get the same discount as Fyfe/Beams..... Who is interesting though? Heppell is the only one I can think of as true fantasy relevant.

Ryder, Heppell, Myers, Hibberd all relevant

Than
Watson, Stanton, Hocking, Colyer if the 20-30% discounts come

I wouldve thought Fyfe and Beams would cop the same treatment as Ablett did last year who shouldve been priced at 94 but was upped to ~105 price

Im expecting Fyfe to be priced at ~98 and Beams maybe ~85-88

Ryder, Heppell, Myers, Hibberd all relevant

Than
Watson, Stanton, Colyer if the 20-30% discounts come

Heppell out of the bombers you listed is all to me that's interesting.

Ryder has potential as R2 to Gawn/Grundy, but outside that, I doubt I'll look at the other players. Ryder, the price would have to be right as well. I feel he will be at that awkward Price where I wouldn't want.

Where as Heppell is a premo mid, that will have the discount.

Heppell out of the bombers you listed is all to me that's interesting.

Ryder has potential as R2 to Gawn/Grundy, but outside that, I doubt I'll look at the other players. Ryder, the price would have to be right as well. I feel he will be at that awkward Price where I wouldn't want.

Where as Heppell is a premo mid, that will have the discount.

I think youd be overlooking Myers. He last avg 36.5 i cant remember his pricing last year but youd think it will be a dicount on what he was priced at last year and that would make him a good cheap price who can avg 80-85.

Dont like a hibberd? A discounted price from 79? At least would be down to ~75 with a 5% discount

I think youd be overlooking Myers. He last avg 36.5 i cant remember his pricing last year but youd think it will be a dicount on what he was priced at last year and that would make him a good cheap price who can avg 80-85.

Dont like a hibberd? A discounted price from 79? At least would be down to ~75 with a 5% discount
Myers is one of the players you do not know what to expect. With the bombers youth/comeback players he is a no go for me.

Hibbered has burnt me before. New club, I'm not taking the risk. He is not quite no go, but close for me.

Last year I found a site that had tables every AFL fantasy score for each round for each player for each year. Each row was a player, each column was a round of the season, and the fields were the score for that player for that round. This was super useful for planning for the 2016 season, but I can't seem to find that site again.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about, and can point me in the right direction? I could put something together myself but it would take quite a lot of time.

Last year I found a site that had tables every AFL fantasy score for each round for each player for each year. Each row was a player, each column was a round of the season, and the fields were the score for that player for that round. This was super useful for planning for the 2016 season, but I can't seem to find that site again.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about, and can point me in the right direction? I could put something together myself but it would take quite a lot of time.

I just use fanfooty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footywire?

I just use fanfooty.

Footywire?

I think both those sites could be used to build something similar, but I don't think they have what I want in a format I can use right now.

Having the individual round scores was great to generate rankings for players that did better in a particular section of the season. Players that have a stretch of high scores seem to be more likely to significantly improve overall the following year. Of course, sometimes they flame out as well, but the reward is greater than the risk.

I think both those sites could be used to build something similar, but I don't think they have what I want in a format I can use right now.

Having the individual round scores was great to generate rankings for players that did better in a particular section of the season. Players that have a stretch of high scores seem to be more likely to significantly improve overall the following year. Of course, sometimes they flame out as well, but the reward is greater than the risk.
www.dtlive.com.au ? Easy to paste into excel and has the rnd scores.

So prices revealed last night on the podcast.

The only one im unsure about is Myers. Highly doubt they give a 10% discount on his 36.5 avg. However thay would take him to 33 avg x 6044 MN = ~200k

I think, Heppel, Barlow, Adams, Miller, Hibber, Cripps, Bontempelli are looking like locks at this stage of the process.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cripps & Adams of those are definitely in my team. Bontempelli is a probable. Would prefer him over some of the more expensive players and he has scope for improvement

Cripps & Adams of those are definitely in my team. Bontempelli is a probable. Would prefer him over some of the more expensive players and he has scope for improvement
My only concern for Crippa is that he's going to miss the next 8-10 weeks of preseason with a bit of a back niggle. He's such a hard worker that he'll be put himself in a position to perform at his best come the season but he may take a little time to warm up.

End of the day he's a dominant figure regardless. Maybe the time off running will allow him to work on his goal kicking anyway.

He goes from 0.6 to 1.2 goals per game and his average goes up by close to 5 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back