Australian Open 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I am heading back for the first Monday and Tuesday. I think this year I will stick to MCA for both days.
Are you planning on buying MCA seat tickets in advance or just upgrade a ground pass to an MCA ticket on the day?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Are you planning on buying MCA seat tickets in advance or just upgrade a ground pass to an MCA ticket on the day?

Already bought reserved seats for MCA. It is such a raffle with who I will get but I find for the seats I can afford RLA is to far back.

I can always go to the outside courts but in case it rains or is hot I like to have the option of going inside.

Worked last year. Was so good having a pass and being able to wander onto the grounds whenever I liked. not that I ever did it. ;)

sadly not this year. oh well. maybe next year. I am just hoping that Schmieds tries and qualifies for the Hobart International. ranking might not be high enough:oops:

I tried getting media accreditation but seeing as though that was impossible to get I'll now have to limit myself to whenever I can. I find that ground passes are best for the first four days when it's R1 & 2 matches but after that, Rod Laver tickets are always the best bet. Marquee matches are what you really want to see at the end of the day and once the third round hits, that's when the seeds start to play each other.

Looks like they have changed things slightly. Certain lower sections of Hisense Arena have been turned into ticketed seats areas rather than general admin

Pretty slow at the moment. They are asking $80-90 for these seats

I think they need to be a bit clearer on how they intend to allocate matches between HA and MCA. I know they can't name particular players but last year it seemed at times HA got the preferred game over MCA because they wanted that particular game on the 'peoples court'.

That's just my opinion, I don't know if that is possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Entry list is out. The cutoff is number 100 with Kokkinakis, Robredo, Janowicz, Tursunov and Hass all using a protected ranking to get in.

That pushes Duckworth down to 4th alternate, Ebden is next with a protected ranking off 111 and 13th alternate.

Going over from Perth. Got my groundpass tickets for the first and night session at Rod Laver for the second. Cant wait.

Anyone noticed the recent Channel 7 ad for the Open doesnt actually contain the number one player in the world? Gearing up for another Channel 7 Federer fapathon...

Anyone noticed the recent Channel 7 ad for the Open doesnt actually contain the number one player in the world? Gearing up for another Channel 7 Federer fapathon...
It doesn't surprise me, really. Murray isn't a particularly popular figure here.

Agree with you though. But I'd rather the focus be on Federer than Redfoo or some random popup pretend celebrity...

Sam Groth got a WC. You can certainly argue against it but if you had to name the four players most likely to win a match, he's on that list

Is Millman in the singles draw? He has been playing state league for Melville in Perth and they paid him $1000 a match. Probably more than what he gets for playing futures events on the tour. Got a decent crowd watching him too. Have seen Ebden training down my local club too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back