• Other

Votes: 63 25.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandy and Stef

Save 500k for an extra mid premo

Stefan martin could be a really good pick. Given he had a down year he can produce big consistent scores. Given a new coach he could have a new and better role. absolutely gonna look at him.

Unsure about sandilands. 33 i think? Missed a lot of footy. Blokes will jump all over him at center bounces.

Stefan martin could be a really good pick. Given he had a down year he can produce big consistent scores. Given a new coach he could have a new and better role. absolutely gonna look at him.

Unsure about sandilands. 33 i think? Missed a lot of footy. Blokes will jump all over him at center bounces.

Sandis injury history and age are definite question marks.
However the jumping all over him at centre bounces i cant see. he'll still get 60 hitouts a game and with fyfe and neale thats a lot of +points

Sandis injury history and age are definite question marks.
However the jumping all over him at centre bounces i cant see. he'll still get 60 hitouts a game and with fyfe and neale thats a lot of +points

True. Maybe so, I think ill go a martin Grundy combination. Cant risk Sandi although he's price will be too hard not to consider.

Remember when he was around 300k one year after missing a massive chunk the season before? One of the easiest picks ive made.

Surely you can't go past a Goldy/Gawn combo. Set n forget.

Sandi old and injury prone despite cheap price. Don't see what the fuss is with Grundy. Pass for mine. Mumford in the mix again if he has a good PS.

Is Sandi that injury prone?? Played 21 and 21 games in the two years before last. And I don't think copping NicNats's knee in the kidney can really count as injury prone. Not like he was pinging his calf every second game.

I like him as a pick.

Is Sandi that injury prone?? Played 21 and 21 games in the two years before last. And I don't think copping NicNats's knee in the kidney can really count as injury prone. Not like he was pinging his calf every second game.

I like him as a pick.
He's had back, glute, turf toe issues in the past. He's 34 now. Big n slow and likely to be rested. You'd definitely need an R3 as insurance if you go that path. Pass.

He's had back, glute, turf toe issues in the past. He's 34 now. Big n slow and likely to be rested. You'd definitely need an R3 as insurance if you go that path. Pass.
This, will be rested for sure hitouts to advantage should be high but with the times he's rested, and the possible injures with his age I'm going set and forget.

Sandi old and injury prone despite cheap price. Don't see what the fuss is with Grundy. Pass for mine. Mumford in the mix again if he has a good PS.
Done

I had him in a draft league. Not SuperCoach and served me well when my first ruck didn't work out. I was looking at Hickeys stats the other day and for SuperCoach just the four tons including a couple of huge scores. Definitely worth watching over pre season and right in the age bracket for a ruck breakout.

Absolutely ZERO chance i go Gawn/Goldy

Zero

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely ZERO chance i go Gawn/Goldy

Zero
Why not? Price? Gawnstein for me I think. Takes care of 2 spots without having to stuff about. May look at a R/F at F4 this year. Not sure who yet though. I'm not a massive Ryder fan.

Why not? Price? Gawnstein for me I think. Takes care of 2 spots without having to stuff about. May look at a R/F at F4 this year. Not sure who yet though. I'm not a massive Ryder fan.

I think the kangas will be bottom 6 and they'll experiment with positions and Goldy won't be a solo ruck for the majority of the season

Just a gut feel at this stage

I like him as a pick.

Those are the only two seasons of the last six where he has played more than 13.

Where's even the argument, if your ruck isn't averaging 108+ then there is no point picking them and wasting trades. Gawn and Goldstein, easy, done, don't have to look at rucks until injury.

Nankervis, Tom Boyd, Sandilands, Stefan Martin should intrigue everyone but none of which will hit that top 2 spot so really you're looking for the holy grail. Goldstein was injured a majority of last year with a knee, so he will improve, I wouldn't expect Gawn to average 120 again but even if he doesn't he'll still be top 2 come the end of the year.

Where's even the argument, if your ruck isn't averaging 108+ then there is no point picking them and wasting trades. Gawn and Goldstein, easy, done, don't have to look at rucks until injury.

Nankervis, Tom Boyd, Sandilands, Stefan Martin should intrigue everyone but none of which will hit that top 2 spot so really you're looking for the holy grail. Goldstein was injured a majority of last year with a knee, so he will improve, I wouldn't expect Gawn to average 120 again but even if he doesn't he'll still be top 2 come the end of the year.

Plenty of ways to pick a starting team, rucks are traditionally a set and forget but given Gawn will be priced MAX ( punn intended) and norf will be on the slide who knows if or how that will effect Goldstein .
Sandi is a scoring god, age a concern however
Sauce is a forgotten solo gun
Stef is the best ruck/mobile ball getter
Grundy has huge huge potential and is a solo ruck
Mummy has huge scope but could be charged with man slaughter at some stage
Hickey is on the improve (doubt he's a real option yet but 2 season's ago i chose Gawn mid-season b4 the cats game and everyone said i was nuts - Gawn was a GUN and 1st chosen for the majority in 2016)

Its simply NEVER as cut and dry as set and forget at this time of the year

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back