Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

If i'm after sessionable i'll usually go something like a 4 pines summer, but i LOVE sours, lambics & wild ales at the moment... don't mind a big DIPA/Imperial IPA or a super heavy stout either. I have had a few Pirate Life's but haven't found one that i really like yet. Got the 2015 Moon Dog Jumping the Shark (18.4%) in my fridge waiting to bust out at Christmas

Jelly. Had the 2014 couple of weeks ago.

Want to try everything of theirs!

My wife surprised me with one. Looking forward to cracking the first one tomorrow.

The missus got a booze bud one.

She even checked every beer, and despite me having 990 beers on untappd only 7 were non distinct beers for me apparently.

Good effort I reckon. Thought they'd throw in some stock standard craft beers as fillers.

I am a sucker for anything Moon Dog, love how ambitious they are. Only wished i lived in Melb as they are few and far between up here in Bris.

Great experience going to their brewery too.

In no particular order there are some clear stand outs Australian Craft Breweries for mine at the moment (for class beer, variety, balls to make different beers and consistency): Moon Dog, Mornington, Feral, Four Pines and Pirate Life.

Others big craft brewers make some great beers, however also let themselves down with some rubbish like Murray's, Two Birds, Stone and Wood and Burleigh.

Probs left out a few worthy of either side, however I did just finish of the 500ml 8%er Four Pines Cascadian Dark Ale - very good btw!

I'm no beer expert but had a few Belgian Ale cans from the Bright brewery

Bloody nice
man that brewery is my happy place. nothing like slogging it out up at falls creek, and then heading down the mountain for a tipple.

pirate life aint cheap thats for sure, its more expensive than rogers. for some reason adelaide beers seem to cost a fair bit more than anywhere else

Great experience going to their brewery too.

In no particular order there are some clear stand outs Australian Craft Breweries for mine at the moment (for class beer, variety, balls to make different beers and consistency): Moon Dog, Mornington, Feral, Four Pines and Pirate Life.

Others big craft brewers make some great beers, however also let themselves down with some rubbish like Murray's, Two Birds, Stone and Wood and Burleigh.

Probs left out a few worthy of either side, however I did just finish of the 500ml 8%er Four Pines Cascadian Dark Ale - very good btw!
just got a pretty good haul at a local bottle shop...
-Bridge Road Biere De Wilde
-Bridge Road Magical Christmas Unicorn (Vanilla Ice Cream Ale) looking forward to this one as hoping it will be as delicious as Moon Dog's Splice of Heaven from earlier this yr
- Lindemans Framboise
-Weihenstephaner Korbinier (Doppelbock)
- La Sirene Paradoxe
- Doctors Orders Fleshwound
- 6 x Stockade 8 bit IPA

not sure if I've asked before - but how many of you are on untapped? i need some mates on there!
I was but havent used it in ages. wouldnt mind getting back into it though add me if you want man.. username is Jobeisking..
might try and check in some ive not added over the last yr

abb8bb22b808087276074a4aa8022b28.jpg

Winner

Great design.

I've seen that other brewery, starts with a 'c,' with the ultra minimalist cans too. I swear this has become the norm in the last month.

By the way, anyone here keen to recommend me a beer? Looking for possibly an IPA, but looking along the lines of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale/Hop Hunter/the IPA or whatever it is. My fave is the Little Creatures IPA. Really liked the Holgate IPA too. Something affordable for a student.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great design.

I've seen that other brewery, starts with a 'c,' with the ultra minimalist cans too. I swear this has become the norm in the last month.

By the way, anyone here keen to recommend me a beer? Looking for possibly an IPA, but looking along the lines of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale/Hop Hunter/the IPA or whatever it is. My fave is the Little Creatures IPA. Really liked the Holgate IPA too. Something affordable for a student.
the design was the first thing that struck me - it would be the ultimate design for a coffee takeaway cup.

not sure with affordable - probably depends where you live. dan murphys specials are often ok if you keep your eye out

Great design.

Feral Hop Hog is pretty reliable.

Finally got some new beers up on the Beer Buddha website if anyone is interested. Free delivery in Melbourne over the next two weekends.
Those beer advent calender's look pretty cool, I wonder how booze bud have gone now they're catering for all alcohol types not just focusing on craft beer. Seems there is a new online craft beer store opening every week lately (majority of which are a lot more professional than my back yard enterprise haha).

Anyone seen that "tipple" app? Apparently beer delivered in Melbourne within an hour of ordering or something like that.

OtwayLight.jpg

Definately the best (and only??) craft beer under 3% ABV I've had before. Quite a few decent mid-strength ales coming out but haven't seen many under 3.5%.

Great design.

Haven't really had many of the beers listed but Hawkers IPA is pretty good. Been getting into IPAs the past 6 months or so and it is one is one of my favourites.

Quiet Deeds IPA is okay too, but it's in a 4 pack so I'd rather the Hawkers.

Feral Hop Hog is pretty reliable.

Super reliable. But not cheap. As much as it pains me to say, keep your eye on vintage cellars. They often have specials on craft beer. Just don't get lured into their steamrail s**t.

Or start brewing yourself. Who knows, you could make a career out of it. And you'll get it a lot cheaper in the long run

Remove this Banner Ad

Back