Music regrets

Remove this Banner Ad

My only regret was procrastinating on buying a ticket to see Tool play on the Aenima tour back in 1997(?). I'd only just into the band, and by the time I'd worked out this was something I really wanted to see it was sold out. They since went on to become my favorite band, and I've been lucky enough to see them many times since.

Being on acid and giggling my way through the first Cure gig I went to. (To be fair as they came on stage the bloke next to me said "Robert Smith is the Elvis of the 90's" I looked up and there was this fat face covered in make up and the giggles started, couldn't stop.) (Stay off drugs kids).

Getting so stoned I couldn't open my eyes at a Stevie Ray Vaughan gig. **** that happened at Dinosaur Jr too.

Getting thrown out of the first three Hoodoo Guru gigs I went to in the 80's for being too pissed or fighting or both. All before they went on stage.

For me, buying a lot of garbage compilation/soundtrack CDs in the 90s and early 2000s. Now they take up space and I can't let them go for more than a dollar. I should bite the bullet and sell in bulk or just leave them on the lawn for the modern gen to fill their house parties with the likes of Culture Beat and the Vengaboys, or discover the sounds that made the Double Dragon movie so great, but I made the mistake of leaving the prices on them and they were anywhere from $20-30. I'm filled with regret that I spent my measly kid wages on them and loathed that they won't bring me profit. Ah, the days when physical ownership brought you respect.

Last edited:
Passing on tickets to see Jeff Buckley. Buying Public Enemy Nation of Millions & Fear of a Black Planet, Beastie Boys Pauls Boutique and Midnight Oil 10..1 and Diesel and Dust on cassette when I could have bought them on vinyl.

Not seeing ACDC 10-15 years ago

Really want to see Bruce Springsteen before he stops but at $200 a ticket not sure.

Not going to some of the biggest music festivals around the world when i was younger, in my 30's now and probably feel the moment for that has passed.

Missing out on seeing ween live. Bloody procrastinated and it was sold out when I tried to get a ticket... campaigners should have played at a bigger venue.. ha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not seeing ACDC 10-15 years ago

Really want to see Bruce Springsteen before he stops but at $200 a ticket not sure.

Not going to some of the biggest music festivals around the world when i was younger, in my 30's now and probably feel the moment for that has passed.

**** man 30's is no way too late for festivals.

My mate who is in his 50's and his brother who has just turned 60 go to see live bands all the time and were going to BDO and Soundwave until they stopped. (The festivals stopped not the blokes....)

Never too old to rock man. Never.

I remember Oasis and Foo fighters playing the same gig in December 2005 while I was living in London but was flying home for a holiday so couldn't see them. They then played a festival in Perth later that same month but I was flying back to London. Never got to see Oasis, but saw Foo Fighters later.

Also found out Jinja Safari were playing in Perth for $20 the Monday after the gig. They broke up not much later so will never get to see them. Gutted.

I used to work in a pub in Shepherds Bush, right next door to The Empire. I was leaving work one night and as I walked past The Empire I saw that Bright Eyes, who I was massively into at the time (still am, but was borderline obsessed for a while) were/was playing there that night.

**** man 30's is no way too late for festivals.

My mate who is in his 50's and his brother who has just turned 60 go to see live bands all the time and were going to BDO and Soundwave until they stopped. (The festivals stopped not the blokes....)

Never too old to rock man. Never.

This. I just turned 50 and have tickets lined up to see a few gigs. I can't think of a time when I don't have a gig lined up to look forward to.

This. I just turned 50 and have tickets lined up to see a few gigs. I can't think of a time when I don't have a gig lined up to look forward to.
I'm in my late 30s and enjoy music now more than ever before; can't imagine not hitting up gigs in years to come.

I was at the Big Day Out a couple of years ago when Pearl Jam and Arcade Fire were headlining. I got there early because I wanted to see Violent Soho perform. A couple who had to be in their late 60s were there, clearly just experiencing music that they had probably never heard before. Massive respect for them.

I'm in my late 30s and enjoy music now more than ever before; can't imagine not hitting up gigs in years to come.

I was at the Big Day Out a couple of years ago when Pearl Jam and Arcade Fire were headlining. I got there early because I wanted to see Violent Soho perform. A couple who had to be in their late 60s were there, clearly just experiencing music that they had probably never heard before. Massive respect for them.

I was in the mosh at that big day out. Didn't know it was going to be the last one. Have to admit to being something of an old man and turning up late just to see Arcade Fire and Pearl Jam !

I was in the mosh at that big day out. Didn't know it was going to be the last one. Have to admit to being something of an old man and turning up late just to see Arcade Fire and Pearl Jam !
I turned up early solely for Violent Soho, but wife didn't come until later because we had a young child at the time. Glad I did because Tame Impala were on pretty early, plus got to see Naked and Famous and The Hives, who put on an epic live show.

Not getting into The Ramones until 3/4 of them were dead, not seeing Pennywise play About Time last year because by the time I realised it was happening it was sold out.

Mine,not ever seeing my childhood heroes Rush in concert.

Any regrets?

Definitely a bucket list band. If only they toured Australia. Would be a life changing event to hear a setlist around "Counterparts" with 2112 played in it's entirety in the middle of the set.

Missing Ronnie James Dio perform with "Heaven and Hell" is a massive regret.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back