APSS 2017 Player Rankings

AFLprospectss

Senior List
Jun 27, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hi all,

Pre champs rankings from my view, Not great depth which has been well documented but as always, players will be found throughout the champs and towards the back end of the season!

APSS.png

UPDATED: 29/05/17

Last edited:

AFLprospectss

Senior List
Jun 27, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
thanks AFLp, we have ports first next year so hoping we get a couple of picks in before Ballenden is bid on. we'll take Stephenson, Worpel then match Ballenden and Clayton please.;)
Think between Brisbane's first rounder and Port Adelaide's first rounder there is a chance you guys could have a top 2 pick on your hands. Sadly for Brisbane there is not much more sitting in their academy for 2017, Jack Rolls will be eligible again and come under consideration while Reid Gordon is a smokey chance to be around the mark but looks more like a rookie at this stage.

Your #48 rated player:

1. Won a TAC Cup flag (the only one to have done so)
2. Was elevated to the AFL Academy Level 2 group last month
3. Finished top 5 in his club B&F, despite 5 players getting drafted in the top 11
4. Won his club goalkicking
5. Won't get any shorter than the 199cm he is now.

I reckon that ranking will change come the early rounds of 2017.

AFLprospectss

Senior List
Jun 27, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
No Aiden Domic or Jordan Johnston...that will change..
i do really like Johnston, we was one of the really unlucky ones

Patrick Naish is the son of Chris Naish who played about 160 games for Richmond and then some more for PA.
yep missed that one, will update

Your #48 rated player:

1. Won a TAC Cup flag (the only one to have done so)
2. Was elevated to the AFL Academy Level 2 group last month
3. Finished top 5 in his club B&F, despite 5 players getting drafted in the top 11
4. Won his club goalkicking
5. Won't get any shorter than the 199cm he is now.

I reckon that ranking will change come the early rounds of 2017.
Have to wait and see i guess dont we, NAB academy is not a massive thing anymore.

Darcy Fogarty is good enough to play AFL right now. He will be a star.
Agreed, clear number 1 in my opinion

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
SA seem to be making a comeback next year.

Port will be pleased to use the number 1 pick on Darcy.

the lions have ports first rounder next year.:D

Seriously?

Wow.

Traded it in the move to secure four top 30'picks this draft.

Port finished with pick 9 this year missing half our best 22. Zero chance of going backwards with Ryder returning and our first choice backline (0 were available last year for the full year or close to) and we drafted some ready to go mids (Powell pepper / atley ) and added 2 ready to play players in eddy and lienert in the rookie draft.

That first rounder bris will have will be a teens pick.

AFLprospectss

Senior List
Jun 27, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Looks like a bumper year for the Pios.
Question is whether Brander, O'Brien, Dow stay or play for Falcons
Pios will do everything they can to keep those 3, i think they will stay.

The quality of the Swans academy players compared to the Giants academy is a bit lopsided. Wonder why that is? :rolleyes:
Rugby League.
Academy Zones is my opinion, another weaker crop for the Swans next year.

Traded it in the move to secure four top 30'picks this draft.

Port finished with pick 9 this year missing half our best 22. Zero chance of going backwards with Ryder returning and our first choice backline (0 were available last year for the full year or close to) and we drafted some ready to go mids (Powell pepper / atley ) and added 2 ready to play players in eddy and lienert in the rookie draft.

Personally i think it will be a pick between 9-1, i see other clubs improving a lot more than Port

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Personally i think it will be a pick between 9-1, i see other clubs improving a lot more than Port

I think there is some heavy anti port south oz media in your ears there.

The only club who has more returning players than us is Essendon who are heavily tipped to climb up the ladder.. It would take something epic to go backwards. A finish in the same place would be a backwards move.

AFLprospectss

Senior List
Jun 27, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think there is some heavy anti port south oz media in your ears there.

The only club who has more returning players than us is Essendon who are heavily tipped to climb up the ladder.. It would take something epic to go backwards. A finish in the same place would be a backwards move.
ill give you 4 teams off the top of my head mate, Essendon, Gold Coast, Melbourne and Fremantle

Based on this years ladder Port will need to win an additional 5 to 6 games and the first final to have a pick in the teens. They will have to leap frog two of the following clubs: Sydney, GWS, Adelaide, Western Bulldogs, Geelong, West Coast and Hawthorn.

Back