Entertainment & Music Dong contest part 3, host: Illinois Nazi, theme: gender, botes due 7:30pm ACDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

When they were coming in its thought it wasn't going to be a great list. Really enjoyed the list when I played it though.
Yeah there weren't many bad songs in it. I reckon the Billy will go to an undeserving song again.

Mixed Up is one of only 2 CDs I've bought twice because it got lost or broken, Tool's Aenima is the other one, you know it's a good CD if you buy it twice.
Amateur. I've lost count of how many copies of Dark Side Of The Moon I've bought.

Amateur. I've lost count of how many copies of Dark Side Of The Moon I've bought.

Well I've actually bought Tool's Aenima 3 times, all in different continents.

Bought my first copy here in Perth when it came out. Lost it when I was travelling in the States so bought another copy in a San Diego music store from some dude that was a Tool fan and said "great choice man, awesome album" and I was like "yeah I know I already bought it a few years ago".

Then when I was living in London I came home late one night to find my Aenima CD broken, my housemates tried to pretend it was an accident but I knew they did it, it might have had something to do with me and a mate of mine who was a Tool fan always coming home drunk and blasting that CD on the stereo till all hours. So I had to buy another copy there which wasn't easy as Tool aren't that popular in the UK, I went to a Tool gig in London and it was mostly Aussies, Kiwis and Yanks.

It might come as a surprise that Aenima is my favourite album of all time considering I've only nommed a Tool song once and I don't like metal that much.

It's a bloody amazing album though, on another level to any other album I've heard apart from OK Computer which is my 2nd favourite album of all time.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Post-round update (145), brought to you by Chappyuk "Depreston? This song contest is depressing, * you all"

Two encouragement awards (from the same poster) but first...

• As already alluded to, ChappyUK gets his 4th Billy of the contest, 2 of which have also been top 10 finishes which makes him the #bestbillywinnerever
  • Van_Dyke where art thou? His 78 contest streak came to an end due to an absence from BF. With the presence of Powderfinger in this contest, he may have returned though.
  • Allikat's return to the contest lands her a moral victory! That takes her tally to 9 which seems a bit low given she's been in 75 contests but 5 of those have been wins
  • the fly got his 12th podium and is chasing a threepeat this rounds. Something CakeEater failed to do as he flopped by going from 3rd to 25th

edgie STILL can't crack 2000 votes. The 3 votes for his nom takes his tally to 1998 votes in total, just 2 shy of the milestone. Did he put one in here this round? If he did, surely this is the round he cracks it? If he didn't, next round. All he needs is 2 votes. Just 2.

To the awards!

The drought is over! Hard Ball Get gets his first podium in 37 rounds and his 1st victory in 77 rounds! Given the drought, it would seem he hasn't seen too many podiums and wins but that was his 32nd and 8th podium respectively. He was dominant in the early stages of the contest but they dried up considerably as he sought musical integrity instead.

Van_Dyke where art thou? His 78 contest streak came to an end due to an absence from BF. With the presence of Powderfinger in this contest, he may have returned though.
I'll be back. Couldn't guarantee I was able to vote for the first contest I missed, then was too late for this one.

edgie STILL can't crack 2000 votes. The 3 votes for his nom takes his tally to 1998 votes in total, just 2 shy of the milestone. Did he put one in here this round? If he did, surely this is the round he cracks it? If he didn't, next round. All he needs is 2 votes. Just 2.

To the awards!

The drought is over! Hard Ball Get gets his first podium in 37 rounds and his 1st victory in 77 rounds! Given the drought, it would seem he hasn't seen too many podiums and wins but that was his 32nd and 8th podium respectively. He was dominant in the early stages of the contest but they dried up considerably as he sought musical integrity instead.

At my current rate I could nominate some early 90s alt or perhaps some 80s indie new wave, even some 70s rock (not the AC/DC kind) and still not garner enough botes!

Hard Ball Get, I forgot to hand out your awards. For winning the round after getting donuts, you get two encouragement awards. From last place top 3 and from donuts to victory.

*Encouragement Awards*:
From a top 3 to a trifecta - oogac (Rounds 23 - 24)

The turtle: Moving one place forward over three consecutive rounds - DroopStDanny (Rounds - 120-122), Smeg Head (Rounds 133-135)

Comeback kid: From donuts to first place - Hard Ball Get (Rounds 27 - 28), thefly (Rounds 18-19), Hard Ball Get (Rounds 144-145)

The people love you again!: From a Billy to first place - Richoatthedisco (Round 36), krisholio14 (Round 54), royboy2 (Round 76), Loonerty (Round 89),royboy2 (Round 111), BlueBelle (Round 115), Ulahoopski (Round 126)

I'm back in this game!: From last place to top 3 - SugarShane (Round 47), Gigantor (Round 57), Krisholio14 (Round 65), JoseMourinho (Round 76), Jazny (Round 77), royboy2 (Round 78), JoseMourinho (Round 79), little graham (Round 80), royboy2 (Round 82), edgie (Round 93), Allikat (Round 109), Illinois Nazi (Round 114), Hard Ball Get (Round 145)

Podium Billy: Achieve a podium finish but also winning the Billy: edgie (Round 65), royboy2 (Round 135)

De Fault! The Two Sweetest Words in the English Language: Winning on the back of someone not boting: Hard Ball Get (Round 66), Gigantor (Round 91), Plugger35 (Round 110)

Yeah, it's not in our shared interest part of the venn diagram haha
Funny you would say this, was saying exactly the same thing to some mates last night that he and his gf have a small venn diagram overlap of shared musical taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back