Drew Petrie

Remove this Banner Ad

[QUOTE="DesertWar, post: 48005478,
Wells is a different situation entirely. Petrie can do what he wants and doesn't deserve criticism for it, but it's certainly a strange decision IMO.[/QUOTE]

Just to diverge a little bit. Our mate Wellsy as per the HUN this morning is injured again. How unfortunate for FIGJAM? Wellsys chalk like body is giving FIGJAM an early Christmas present.

If this happens in 2017 I will change my avatar to Mr Bean and Teddy from GF Night to Jan 1st 2018.
Can't see it happening. Nic Nat and Lycett will be back before the finals. I think I heard Simmo say Round 15/16 the other day.

Can't see it happening. Nic Nat and Lycett will be back before the finals. I think I heard Simmo say Round 15/16 the other day.

I can't see him being competitive as a Ruck.

We discussed his Ruck work ad nausea on here in July and August and iirc his last good season was 4 years ago in the Ruck.

Marstermind??

Yeah, it does seem like a weird one with Kennedy and Darling doing their thing.

Maybe they'll play Dish down Back. Seems to have worked okay for us in the 15-second stints that we gave him down there over the last few seasons.

Would love the irony of it. Bigeasy (wherever he is these days) would finally get to realise his dream of seeing Drew played down Back....only it's for another team.

So he will still be playing in our forward line

I can't see him being competitive as a Ruck.

We discussed his Ruck work ad nausea on here in July and August and iirc his last good season was 4 years ago in the Ruck.

Marstermind??

2011 was his last useful year as a ruckman - about the time we transitioned from Hamish McIntosh to Todd Goldstein as our #1 ruck. The hit-out stats don't always mean much when it comes to a ruckman but as a second ruck they do illustrate the time spent there and/or general competitiveness. In Laidley's last 5 years he got 742 hit outs. He basically didn't play in Brad's first year but in the next 6 he got 272 hit outs.

Now, I think Brad used Drew better than Laidley did. Brad saw Drew as a forward and left him there whereas Laidley liked to used Drew as a spare parts man wherever he was needed. But therein lies the point - Drew ain't no ruckman. In the last 3 years he's got 57 hit outs without ever really spending any extended time in the centre square. I can't believe Simmon is using him as cover for Nic Nat. Especially with Nathan Vardy going there. Strange.

"Love North" seems pretty s**t now.

Good luck to him at Eagles, but as a mostly disappointing, deluded player i'm confident his stay there is purely $$ based which is pretty pathetic.

Good luck to him at Eagles, but as a mostly disappointing, deluded player i'm confident his stay there is purely $$ based which is pretty pathetic.
You are wrong. Petrie playing for West Coast ain't purely about the coin. :stern look

2011 was his last useful year as a ruckman - about the time we transitioned from Hamish McIntosh to Todd Goldstein as our #1 ruck. The hit-out stats don't always mean much when it comes to a ruckman but as a second ruck they do illustrate the time spent there and/or general competitiveness. In Laidley's last 5 years he got 742 hit outs. He basically didn't play in Brad's first year but in the next 6 he got 272 hit outs.

Now, I think Brad used Drew better than Laidley did. Brad saw Drew as a forward and left him there whereas Laidley liked to used Drew as a spare parts man wherever he was needed. But therein lies the point - Drew ain't no ruckman. In the last 3 years he's got 57 hit outs without ever really spending any extended time in the centre square. I can't believe Simmon is using him as cover for Nic Nat. Especially with Nathan Vardy going there. Strange.

I did iirc correctly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are wrong. Petrie playing for West Coast ain't purely about the coin. :stern look

Bit disappointing really.

We already paid a year too far for his s**t, amazing he thinks has something to offer.

Spud was far better than Dish last two years, at least one retired gracefully as a true Shinboner.

Last edited:
Bit disappointing really.

We already paid a year too far for his s**t, amazing he thinks has something to offer.

Spud was far better than Dish last two years, at least one retired gracefully as a true Shinboner.
Hey he is chasing a dream. I personally can't begrudge him of that. :stern look

You're right. Considering we didn't give him another contract, he should reject the Eagle's contract and go dig ditches, so he doesn't upset you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back