Ch9 Dumps Brayshaw from The Footy Show

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't like Hutchy on Footy Classified (well I hate whole show) but I regularly listen to Off the bench on SEN and I like him on that. Hopefully he can find room for Dr Turf! :D

Ah, Dr Turf! Now, there is a good one to have on the show.....mainly a racing man, but loves his footy, follows Melbourne and goes when he can.

Hutchy ok on radio....hubby listens faithfully every saturday morning.

Last edited:

Jeez there are some serious losers here
'I'm too smart for the footy show' 'I don't watch it' etc
Who gives a *, if you want another TV show where the players give out the same 10 clichéd answers and then football journalists tell you everything is the most important thing ever watch 360 like another boring campaigner

The show is for Bogans and the un intelligent etc, so people who enjoy watching a relaxed show and having a laugh are un intelligent in your eyes?

AFL is entertainment, it doesn't have to covered by complete serious boring campaigners like the lot of you on every show

You dick heads who find it low brow were probably just bullied by alpha males in school and have been holding a grudge ever since

Jeez there are some serious losers here
'I'm too smart for the footy show' 'I don't watch it' etc
Who gives a ****, if you want another TV show where the players give out the same 10 clichéd answers and then football journalists tell you everything is the most important thing ever watch 360 like another boring campaigner

The show is for Bogans and the un intelligent etc, so people who enjoy watching a relaxed show and having a laugh are un intelligent in your eyes?

AFL is entertainment, it doesn't have to covered by complete serious boring campaigners like the lot of you on every show

You dick heads who find it low brow were probably just bullied by alpha males in school and have been holding a grudge ever since
Quality Rant, TK. :fire::mad:

Not relevant to the story really but several years ago when I worked in a previous job I was (un)lucky enough to share a lift with BT & JB In the 2 floors that we traveled Brayshaw didn't shut up and although it was probably only like a 15 second elevator ride he managed to drop the F bomb I reckon 6 or 7 times talking to BT. Taylor didn't say a word.
Came across as a complete Fwit.
Anyway I stopped watching the Footy Show that night they spent 40 minutes talking about Caro after the blow up doll scandal.
Totally lost me.

Love or hate him, only one man can save the show at this point.
View attachment 317065

Unless?....

IMG_6226.JPG

Why not get them both back?

Locate Dougie Hawkins too.

It'd be kinda like the Hey Hey relaunch - fun for a night before everyone realises it's incredibly dated and may have always been absolutely awful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love him or hate him, Hutch is in and will be for at least the duration of 2017 (unless he roots his coworker's mrs).

The best thing he could do is spend the summer getting fit, dropping some weight, eating right and brushing up on his presenting skills and the way he handles criticism.

If he can do these things, he'll prove a lot of doubters wrong and crew will have a few less things to rib him about.

The Footy Shows time is up. Rebecca Maddern is woeful, Newman is just cringeworthy and Crawford is as unfunny and idiotic as they come. If 9 feel the need for a prime time footy show then scrap the show as it is and start fresh with an entirely new show.
Why do that? the show is still a ratings success. Before you fall off your chair with laughter take this into account.

From articles I've read online the show seems to be pulling about 450,000 viewers (that's a lot of billies being puffed at once):rolleyes:.
In this age of fox, online streaming etc, the slide for ratings success has pulled right back, it used to be the highest rating news was pulling in over 2 mil now it's 1 mil. Hell, I don't even own a tv any longer.

Last weeks ratings would've put that number of viewers at about 15th spot nationally, now take into account it virtually has a non existant market in QLD and NSW, that's quite a ratings success for half a country I'd say.

If nine were smart theyd scrap it altogether and do a new format. Its tired , the jokes aren't funny. Its a boys club. Cant say ive watched consecutive episodes for nearly over ten years or more

Get back to what people want , a show about the teams , inside look at players. No one wants to watch a gollywog like lyon, peacock like brayshaw or a blubbering fool like brownless. Sam is done also

Get back to what people want , a show about the teams , inside look at players. No one wants to watch a gollywog like lyon, peacock like brayshaw or a blubbering fool like brownless. Sam is done also
I'd say Brownless has run his course. Let's face it, he's a bumbling idiot who's main redeeming attribute was his carefree larrikin thing. After the Garry Lyon with his wife saga, he lost the carefree thing. Now people just feel sorry for him. It's hard to find sincerity in his clowning around. They need to clear the deck, retool and relaunch as "The All New Footy Show" and make a break with the past.

Hutchy is such a fat ****.

Why couldn't they get a good looking man to host it rather than this bloated whale.

They need a man we want to do sexy time with.

In all seriousness, the double standards with looks for male hosts and female hosts is pretty bad. Bad in an ugly prick like Hutchy should at least be in good shape

Oh God no.... It'd be nothing but a snorefest multicultural agenda every single week. The guy could hardly be less about sport.
Don't watch Offsiders on ABC? He does ok. He is a Tiger fan.

WALEED ALY, broadcaster and commentator - RICHMOND

Waleed Aly inherited the Tiger faith from his older brother - and he hasn't forgiven him.

Don't watch Offsiders on ABC? He does ok. He is a Tiger fan.

WALEED ALY, broadcaster and commentator - RICHMOND

Waleed Aly inherited the Tiger faith from his older brother - and he hasn't forgiven him.
He probably likes sport from a sociological and comparative religion perspective. ;)

No, I never watched that show. But I have noticed he's quite aloof regarding sport on the Project. Like he's above it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back