Shane Yarran in trouble

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How was this not known before we picked him up?
In fairness to the club it sounds like the cops didn't know about his involvement, so short of yarran telling them "oh by the way I stabbed some bloke with a broken bottle" there's no way they'd know. Obviously took him at his word they'd he'd reformed himself after his prison term

Not much they can do other than what they've already done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How was this not known before we picked him up?

The West Australian article states that he was only recently identified as a person of interest - as I posted earlier in view of the time elapsed it seems likely someone has given police information that has led to the charges.

IF he did commit the alleged crime, he was never going to say to us "Before you draft me you should know that I recently glassed someone."

Unfortunate for the club but I guess there was always the risk that his off field behaviour could be a problem.

Claim extreme stupidity and a tendency for violence is a long term injury and upgrade a rookie that way?
Don't try to make thing worse, he did train a bit today doing running , obviously he is affected also. He already signed two year deal also.

Langdon,Walters and Balla's will cover . Can Yarran be delisted if found guilty and replaced by a rookie. Grey or Deluca would be handy.

Drafts are over so we can't draft another player unless they are eligible for the next generation academy and even that may be over, I don't know but the Bulldogs picked up someone yesterday. Anyway we have the two nominated rookie spots available and Grey and Deluca have played as small forwards in the past even if we prefer them elsewhere. In terms of team selection we'd probably lean towards a couple of the senior listed guys first, with Bennell, Langdon, Weller and Crozier coming to mind. I'd much rather all those guys playing elsewhere but it's an option. Means less midfield time for Walters potentially as well.

Not sure if we can promote an extra player or not but given we have two nominated rookies to promote already that may be more than enough to elevate rookies to cover Yarran.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Langdon,Walters and Balla's will cover . Can Yarran be delisted if found guilty and replaced by a rookie. Grey or Deluca would be handy.
Under the soon to expire Collective Bargaining Agreement, a club may delist a player with the consent of the AFL Counsel (Section 19(a)).

A club can nominate a rookie player as being eligible for senior selection at the conclusion of the Pre-Season competition (Section 18(e)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back