Test Rugby 2016 International Rugby discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah wallabies probably should have won but when you concede so many dumb penalties early maybe we didn't deserve it. Should have held on at the end though

That's the all blacks in a nutshell as well. They don't have to be the best team all game - just when it counts. That's how good they are.
When you're playing a decent team and only manage 32% posession in the first half it's gonna be an uphill battle to win the game.

Once we got in front I thought we'd run over them with all their injuries but Ireland showed some serious grit to get it done. Even though I think there was a knock on in the lead up to their match winning try.

When you're playing a decent team and only manage 32% posession in the first half it's gonna be an uphill battle to win the game.

Once we got in front I thought we'd run over them with all their injuries but Ireland showed some serious grit to get it done. Even though I think there was a knock on in the lead up to their match winning try.

The commentators thought so too iirc

Ireland showed a lot of heart to come back and snatch it. Both teams must have been dead on their feet by the end

Beat SA one week, lose to Tonga the next. SA in serious trouble.
I would like to see what a full-strength Bokke team looks like on paper, no overseas restrictions and no race quotas. After that, would be interesting to see what the line-up would be with the addition of non-eligible South African players who've been lost to other test nations. As a matter of fact, I'd reckon Fiji would look pretty formidable too.

Just as a hypothetical exercise of course.

Joubert quits.

Link

South African referee Craig Joubert has announced his retirement from test rugby in order to take up the role of World Rugby referee talent development coach.

Joubert, who has refereed 69 test matches including the Rugby World Cup 2011 final, started his international career in 2003 when he took charge of Namibia and Uganda in Windhoek.

Reporting to high performance referees managers, Paddy O'Brien and Alain Rolland, the 39-year-old's new role will be to help identify and develop the next crop of top men's and women's referees in both sevens and 15s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back