the Strikers

Remove this Banner Ad

Walked off but has an egg the size of a cricket ball on his cheek.
Glad it missed his eye, given he didn't see it coming.

Now been put out of our misery... from top to bottom in a season.

Batsmen fail us again, story of the year. If I was Siddons I'd be asking for the Redbacks players involved in BBL to come back.

Who would you target? And who would you keep?

Who would you target? And who would you keep?
Keep

Stanlake
Hodge ( if available)
Head
Dean
Dunk
Richardson ( by a thread)
Laughlin
Lehmann
Ludeman ( by a thread)

Target

Ben McDermott
James Faulkner
Darcy Short
Ish Sodhi ( I would invite back)

Keep

Stanlake
Hodge ( if available)
Head
Dean
Dunk
Richardson ( by a thread)
Laughlin
Lehmann
Ludeman ( by a thread)

Target

Ben McDermott
James Faulkner
Darcy Short
Ish Sodhi ( I would invite back)

I'm not sure about the value of keeping Dean. He doesn't do a great deal.

Think Weatherald will be better for this experience. Was his first tournament. Will be good.

Travis Head will be like a new recruit. Was hopeless this season for some reason.

Hodge too old - finished. Interesting to see who we target as skipper. Not sure we've got anything within. Dunk as skipper? No idea what he'd be like. Never heard him speak. Head?

Agar was useless but will be good. Tough initiation, better for it.

We need proper spinners. Holland breaks down every single tournament. Good bowler but move on. O'Connor got ok results at times but sucks IMO. Andrews not good enough. Would love Rashid back if the England schedule opens up. Jordan didn't add much. Not the type of player we needed. Sodhi much better value as back up 3rd international.

Stanlake major find.

Time to move on from Pollard. Target a new international, possibly as skipper.

Fatty chops whose name escapes me and didn't play a game will free up some dollars. We basically paid him $120k not to make a ton against us at the furnace.

Laughlin tick, Neser tick. Richardson too injury prone - move on.

Don't think Kelvin Smith is suited to this format at all. Jake Lehmann ultra disappointing. Alex Carey untried - hopefully gets a gig in our final game so that we can have a look.

On our can't lose list I'd put:
Head, Dunk, Laughlin. Maybe Stanlake.
Hodge can stay out of goodwill if he wants, but has cost us games with his "innings consolidating" that lasts for 5 overs and with crazy bowling choices.
Cards to be stamped:
Pollard and Agar. Thanks for your services, they are no longer required. If we need a gun bat who never scores over 30 or a gun bowler to go for 20 an over at the death we'll let you know.
Everyone else, make us an offer.

We should be targeting X factor players, starting with the internationals. We need game breakers. Rashid was a great pickup, even Jayawardene was good value.
Looking at our list now, apart from Dunk (and Head if he ever finds form again) I can't see one batsman who I'd back to come in and rip a game to shreds if we needed 12+ an over.
Failing that, a couple more proven T20 batsmen would be great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS he's had a bad year with the bat and is clearly hampered by injury which affects his ability to bowl

He's been our best player in the other years he's been here.

He's always injured. Just like Andre Russell. Pretty easy to be injured when you're overweight and don't put the effort in to get fit.

The two of them just mope around half-fit from T20 comp to T20 comp. The joke is on the sides who keep throwing money at them.

He's always injured. Just like Andre Russell. Pretty easy to be injured when you're overweight and don't put the effort in to get fit.

The two of them just mope around half-fit from T20 comp to T20 comp. The joke is on the sides who keep throwing money at them.
He took 3fa last night and has generally bowled alright, not quite what's required by the highest paid player and certainly not with the bat but he hasn't been alone.

On our can't lose list I'd put:
Head, Dunk, Laughlin. Maybe Stanlake.
Hodge can stay out of goodwill if he wants, but has cost us games with his "innings consolidating" that lasts for 5 overs and with crazy bowling choices.
Cards to be stamped:
Pollard and Agar. Thanks for your services, they are no longer required. If we need a gun bat who never scores over 30 or a gun bowler to go for 20 an over at the death we'll let you know.
Everyone else, make us an offer.

We should be targeting X factor players, starting with the internationals. We need game breakers. Rashid was a great pickup, even Jayawardene was good value.
Looking at our list now, apart from Dunk (and Head if he ever finds form again) I can't see one batsman who I'd back to come in and rip a game to shreds if we needed 12+ an over.
Failing that, a couple more proven T20 batsmen would be great.
VERY harsh on Agar, ridiculously so in fact.

I'd maybe look at getting Boyce. He's gettable from Hobart.

Dan Christian?

Definite Keep: Weatherald, Neser, Dunk, Head, Laughlin, Stanlake.

Probably keep: Jono Dean, Richardson, Carey, Lehmann, O'Connor.

Past it: Hodge, Ludemann, Pollard, Simmons

VERY harsh on Agar, ridiculously so in fact.
Not really, he was very very average and clearly not up to it. Losing Richo and Stanlake left us with no bowlers but we had three keepers on our list? Poor list management.

Pollard has been a failure and Hodge more worried about talking to the TV than getting results. Really crap season.

Gotta get Alex Ross back.

Definite Keep: Weatherald, Neser, Dunk, Head, Laughlin, Stanlake.

Probably keep: Jono Dean, Richardson, Carey, Lehmann, O'Connor.

Past it: Hodge, Ludemann, Pollard, Simmons

Dunk
Dean
Weatherald
Import
Head
Alex Ross
Import
Neser
New spinner
Stanlake
Laughlin