AFL Evolution - Out May 5 - (Cont in LAUNCH THREAD - link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game releasing closer to the start of the season would be great. Hopefully EB are on the pulse somehow
Guy was the manager if that makes any difference.

Guy was the manager if that makes any difference.

It's interesting. I usually don't put much stock in what retail store people say but we've heard heaps of different people state it's the case so maybe there's something there?

The fact he mentioned it without you asking is interesting too. He wasn't just giving you a random date to make you go away.

This thread has made me develop a strong hatred for Chris Fagan.

7901880-3x2-940x627.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Already liking how the G looks in-game! Just far less 'shiny' than on previous-gen versions.
I don't know. That looks like to me like they've gotten a screenshot of the MCG from AFL Live 2 and pasted it in-front of a background. (It's not unheard of to use assets of a previous game and use them for a minor detail or for a announcement of a new game. EX: WWE 2K17 used a screenshot of the SmackDown '99 arena from WWE '13 for one of the show intros in WWE 2K17.) Wait until they release actual screenshots of the game before comparing as I do think that MCG is from AFL Live 2.

Nice picture, but can't know for sure if it's in game or just for show
I'm going to say for show as the Big-Screen in the picture look like what they were from 2006-2013 as by the time we got to the 2014 season, That had made them a lot larger. If you look closely, The Big-Screen from the pic look like it's from 2013 or earlier meaning that the MCG in the pic would be an asset from AFL Live 2.

2006-2013:
the-big-screen-and-scoreboard.jpg

2014-present:
r0_0_729_410_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

AFL Evolution Promo Pic:
nOTzFKp.png

Last edited:
I'm going to say for show as the Big-Screen in the picture look like what they were from 2006-2013 as by the time we got to the 2014 season, That had made them a lot larger. If you look closely, The Big-Screen from the pic look like it's from 2013 or earlier meaning that the MCG in the pic would be an asset from AFL Live 2.

2006-2013:
the-big-screen-and-scoreboard.jpg

2014-present:
r0_0_729_410_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

AFL Evolution Promo Pic:
nOTzFKp.png
That actually makes me think it is a screenshot of sorts of the G in Evolution

The screen you point out looks too flat for it to be a real picture and it looks a fair bit better than the G in Live 2 (plus why would they bother use a Live 2 shot when they could just screenshot the G in the new game and photoshop the image)

That actually makes me think it is a screenshot of sorts of the G in Evolution

The screen you point out looks too flat for it to be a real picture and it looks a fair bit better than the G in Live 2 (plus why would they bother use a Live 2 shot when they could just screenshot the G in the new game and photoshop the image)

I think it looks in-game just with a panoramic effect and some custom clouds for visuals. But good to see my post lead into an investigation to determine if it was in-game or not lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back