Scandal Carey back to his old ways

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Carey not coming back to Talking Footy? I haven't read that anywhere. He's the only thing worth watching that show for. I couldn't care less if he has nailed Marc Murphy's wife years ago.
I just have that feeling the over politically correct will find a way to shun him. I couldn't care less if he rooted Gill, I'd still prefer him over the other pillocks.

I just have that feeling the over politically correct will find a way to shun him. I couldn't care less if he rooted Gill, I'd still prefer him over the other pillocks.
I don't think being politically incorrect is old Wayne's problem...

Considering how accountable AFL players are meant to be to all aspects of their lives. How can the AFL media turn a blind eye.

would you care to compare notes between the two.
Apart from that , the footy show isn't about football. Its about dicking around .
Wasn't there a scandal with one of the guys in the Rugby footy show?
The Footy Show is ostensibly still about football, regardless of how light in is. It doesn't make a difference that Talking Footy and the match telecasts are more serious - they are both extensions and promotion arms of the AFL. Why should the activities of somebody's private life count for more just because you analyse football rather than have an entertainment show based around football? That's splitting hairs. Neither of them should be cut from the air for things that are purely their private lives? They don't advertise these things on their shows, there are just gossip mongers stirring it up. I don't care what they do and with whom, it's none of my business and I don't know the context so it's not my place to judge. That goes for Garry Lyon too.

The Footy Show is ostensibly still about football, regardless of how light in is. It doesn't make a difference that Talking Footy and the match telecasts are more serious - they are both extensions and promotion arms of the AFL. Why should the activities of somebody's private life count for more just because you analyse football rather than have an entertainment show based around football? That's splitting hairs. Neither of them should be cut from the air for things that are purely their private lives? They don't advertise these things on their shows, there are just gossip mongers stirring it up. I don't care what they do and with whom, it's none of my business and I don't know the context so it's not my place to judge. That goes for Garry Lyon too.

OK i'll watch a show where Carey says how bad it is that some player took recreational drugs. :rolleyes:

He is the shittest of s**t roll models.

OK i'll watch a show where Carey says how bad it is that some player took recreational drugs. :rolleyes:

He is the shittest of s**t roll models.
Has Carey taken a stance about drugs? I thought this was all about sleeping with Murphy's wife. I dont think I've heard Carey pontificating about off field stuff - i figured it was because his own personal life had been pretty sketchy so he mostly focussed on the footy.

Has Carey taken a stance about drugs? I thought this was all about sleeping with Murphy's wife. I dont think I've heard Carey pontificating about off field stuff - i figured it was because his own personal life had been pretty sketchy so he mostly focussed on the footy.

Seriously?
Carey's stance about drugs seems to have been to get as many of them as he can.

The fact is these shows comment on the off field behavior, and they can't put Wayne up front and centre any more than they could employ Ben Cousins.

Seriously?
Carey's stance about drugs seems to have been to get as many of them as he can.

The fact is these shows comment on the off field behavior, and they can't put Wayne up front and centre any more than they could employ Ben Cousins.
Yes, I realise Carey has done some drugs (how much, I wouldn't know), but are you saying Carey has been taking a holier than thou attitude towards AFL players taking drugs or taken a strong anti-drug stance? I haven't heard anything of that nature. I thought he steers clear of those topics where he has a shady past.

I still don't care what he's done/doing in his private life. He's good at what he does with the football commentary and Talking Footy. Who he nails, and how much coke he blows is not my concern. He's not even a role-model anymore, he's a commentator. I suspect Bruce McAvaney dresses in women's clothing too, but it's none of my business if he does. ;)

Last edited:
They were a close team. The Spartans used to have armies of lovers so they fought harder next to each other.
#shinbonerspirit

Off Topic:

From memory it wasn't the Spartans.

There was an army of homosexuals that had partner and partner fighting next to one another - the army was undefeated until it was completely wiped out in one battle (after the rest of their side fled the battlefield). The idea was having you fight next to your loved one would make you fight a little harder, and not only that if your partner gets slaughtered next to you chances are you would fight like a daemon with nothing left to lose.

I can't remember what the name of the troop was though.

Edit: Google tells me it was the 'sacred band of Thebes.'

F
Yes, I realise Carey has done some drugs (how much, I wouldn't know), but are you saying Carey has been taking a holier than thou attitude towards AFL players taking drugs or taken a strong anti-drug stance? I haven't heard anything of that nature. I thought he steers clear of those topics where he has a shady past.

I still don't care what he's done/doing in his private life. He's good at what he does with the football commentary and Talking Footy. Who he nails, and how much coke he blows is not my concern. He's not even a role-model anymore, he's a commentator. I suspect Bruce McAvaney dresses in women's clothing too, but it's none of my business if he does. ;)
For what its worth I don,t disagree, however those who produce the show persist in discussing any off field incidents, and carey is an elephant in the room when they do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off Topic:

From memory it wasn't the Spartans.

There was an army of homosexuals that had partner and partner fighting next to one another - the army was undefeated until it was completely wiped out in one battle (after the rest of their side fled the battlefield). The idea was having you fight next to your loved one would make you fight a little harder, and not only that if your partner gets slaughtered next to you chances are you would fight like a daemon with nothing left to lose.

I can't remember what the name of the troop was though.

Edit: Google tells me it was the 'sacred band of Thebes.'
Interesting. I'm certain it was the Greeks somewhere.

Plenty of other retired footballers who are good in the media who don't have the baggage.

Spot on. It's a disgrace how he has just snuck back into the AFL boys club with all the discretions he has had.

Sleep around, do some coke, glass a bish no worries m8.

Spot on. It's a disgrace how he has just snuck back into the AFL boys club with all the discretions he has had.

Sleep around, do some coke, glass a bish no worries m8.

My question, how is a member of Talking Footy less of a role model than one of the players?
How do indiscretions of Carey, associated with AFL , not reflect poorly the same way it would if he was a player?

I'm not sure why Carey's past is relevant once he's been welcomed back. Has a unique perspective if the topic of drugs, womanising etc rears its head. Obviously he's not in a position to judge, but why woukd anyone want anyone to anyway. Plenty of drug counsellors are ex addicts, I'm sure they're worth listening to if you need assistance.

I'm not sure why Carey's past is relevant once he's been welcomed back. Has a unique perspective if the topic of drugs, womanising etc rears its head. Obviously he's not in a position to judge, but why woukd anyone want anyone to anyway. Plenty of drug counsellors are ex addicts, I'm sure they're worth listening to if you need assistance.

if its not acceptable for footballers, its not acceptable for the media.
Are you saying its all in the past? I've heard differently.

Who has welcomed him back? All of us? Obviously not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back