Remove this Banner Ad

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
For some reason I always found a race car more appealing with the number 1 displayed. I guess its a childhood thing.

It certainly makes it more memorable even if the car didn't go on to much success. Don't understand the appeal of retaining the old number either.
This is why Lowndes hasn't won a championship with Red Bull. He likes the 888 too much. :thumbsu:

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Nah. I hope SVG gets better now that he has his "getting to know the team" year under his belt :)
I don't like how SVG gets away with tagging other drivers. I didn't see him do it in the second half of last season. Geez he can drive though.
Edit: people go to see drivers like this. Just like in Formula 1's hey days before Bernie decided to * the sport up with all the rule changes.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Nah. I hope SVG gets better now that he has his "getting to know the team" year under his belt :)
Or the team dynamic changes when he's pantsing Whincup midway through the year.

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Or the team dynamic changes when he's pantsing Whincup midway through the year.

Saw Team Dynamic, got excited!

Would love to see him pants Whincup I really would. I'm an SVG fan not a Triple 8 fan so I would prefer to see SVG vs Scotty Mac instead of a Red Bull battle.

I'd say that Lowdes would be the one to drop down a position or 2. Maybe Mostert to go past him.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
Not that it always applies. But I think being new to the team was an advantage to SVG in the title race. I think JW was softened up by Lowndes since 06. In that he repeatedly beat Lowndes in the standings. Lowndes didn't do anything different because he doesn't care. So any weakness JW has wasn't exposed. But with SVG being up for it for the whole year. It would've exposed such weaknesses. JW may very well adjust for this year. You can't do something about your weaknesses when you don't know what they are.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Premat goes to Penske probably to go back with Smac
Campbell goes to RBHRT to team with SVG.

Massive get by Penske.
They sure as hell aren't mucking around. Getting the right people in the right places, Matt Campbell is a good replacement though, he's very talented. You'd expect Tony Dal to follow Pye.

I said it earlier, these 2 teams, and possibly Prodrive, could leave everyone else behind.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Roger is very serious about Australia as a whole, his truck business is growing massively.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Not sure Walkinshaw have what it takes anymore but we'll see.

Just on that, GRM confirm they will be using Walkinshaw Commodore this year which is a shame, I'd love to have had the Volvo chassis around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RustyCage

Premiership Player
Mar 4, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
3691c8a8038dd0044b7f11b3ccfb109a.jpg

Feb 11, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hmmm. Will have to wait till its out on the track but the Holden on the side looks like an afterthought. I think its due to the 'Redbull' on white which clashes with the similarly coloured but no white background of the 'Holden'.

Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
looks the same as last year but they've just thrown Holden onto it a few extra times. I'm not one to get into favourite teams and long lasting fans but I'd say ex HRT fans wouldn't be happy with it.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
looks the same as last year but they've just thrown Holden onto it a few extra times. I'm not one to get into favourite teams and long lasting fans but I'd say ex HRT fans wouldn't be happy with it.
That would probably be the idea.

Personally I think it's a very ugly car, most of the RBR cars are 'too busy' for mine.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
It'll still look better than the RBR cars

Remove this Banner Ad

Back