Free to air TV with no aerial

Mar 11, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've recently moved into a new house, there's plenty of data points with coaxial cabling installed, but no old school aerial points.

Am I able to pick up simple free to air TV through these points? If so, what do I need?

Hoping I can avoid getting foxtel and hoping I can avoid using rabbit ears, as I won't be able to get a proper roof aerial installed.

Thanks

Barney_stinson

All Australian
Mar 2, 2010
Townsville
AFL Club
Adelaide
I've recently moved into a new house, there's plenty of data points with coaxial cabling installed, but no old school aerial points.

Am I able to pick up simple free to air TV through these points? If so, what do I need?

Hoping I can avoid getting foxtel and hoping I can avoid using rabbit ears, as I won't be able to get a proper roof aerial installed.

Thanks

I guess your only bet is to find an online stream of the Free To Air channels.

Something like this: https://7live.com.au/ but for all channels.

I know you said Free To Air but do you need an aerial to pick up Stan, Netflix or stuff like that?

JOELY

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
does anyone know what this is used for

5b9eEop.jpg

redglare

Team Captain
Sep 24, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast
does anyone know what this is used for

5b9eEop.jpg
Looks like it could be a speaker wire connection - does your house have surround speakers or outdoor speakers? Or could it be a Foxtel point?

I have the same issue as the OP - just moved into a house that has cat5/ethernet cable, but no regular antenna cable, so I can't get free to air tv. Furthermore, it is a two story with a flat roof and no crawl space, so running new cable is VERY difficult (two antenna installers have refused to quote).

I have had mixed success using online only sources for live TV - generally, anything interesting (like sport) is blocked from the networks internet stream. For everything else, use a Telstra TV Box - it lets you stream all the recently aired FTA shows ad free.

Oct 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Liverpool, Cardinals

Thanks

Just saw this...getting late to the party...but a couple of questions.

1. Sure there is no antenna in the ceiling space?
2. Do you have a cable system running TV to your home. (Our estate has this this and it worked beautifully until new managers took over and let fall to bits. I now have an antenna)

Mar 11, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just saw this...getting late to the party...but a couple of questions.

1. Sure there is no antenna in the ceiling space?
2. Do you have a cable system running TV to your home. (Our estate has this this and it worked beautifully until new managers took over and let fall to bits. I now have an antenna)

Yeah, it was all good.

Thanks

Back