Division 1 2018 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to know how this 'academy' differs from any other clubs 19s? Or is it just purely semantics?
I take it as semantics, but I guess being Balwyn there will be an expectation that they'll offer more than other clubs in terms of personnel and resource

Just read Blackburn picked up two EDFL players in Bathie & Campisano. Both very good players. Campisano one of the best full backs in EDFL and Bathie is a gun key position player who can play either end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe going a bit early here but after looking at round 1 results it may be an even comp this year. Maybe the points/ salary cap are working well.
if it does stay even throughout the year maybe the EFL should rethink their decision to reduce the numbers in 1st Division. A competitive 12 team comp is very healthy for the league and I would rather watch my team each year play and try to survive in the top tier than play in 2nd division.

Balwyn forward line missing Gordon (elsewhere), Barker & Broadhurst from 2016 GF side. The likes of Milhulsen, Osborne, & Crowe, have retired which does leave a hole, despite some handy recruits in 2017. They will fight back as there is too much talent to completely fall away, although they will require a nice run with the injury gods as the depth is slowly being eroded with time.

Blackburn have recruited better than any, and did already had a sprinkling of talent within the 2016 side. Will be interesting to see how far they can go in 2017. With their junior set-up they have placed themselves in a position to be challengers for the next few years at least.

Maybe going a bit early here but after looking at round 1 results it may be an even comp this year. Maybe the points/ salary cap are working well.
if it does stay even throughout the year maybe the EFL should rethink their decision to reduce the numbers in 1st Division. A competitive 12 team comp is very healthy for the league and I would rather watch my team each year play and try to survive in the top tier than play in 2nd division.

Reading the EFL Chairman's comment in the record for Round 1 it appears that 5 divisions are on the radar without knowing if the EFL plan on recruiting anymore sides would that make the current make up Div 1,10 teams then divisions of 10 8 8 8.

I must say Bob that I was disappointed at the output from Balwyn's new recruits. Very little from any of them.

Reading the EFL Chairman's comment in the record for Round 1 it appears that 5 divisions are on the radar without knowing if the EFL plan on recruiting anymore sides would that make the current make up Div 1,10 teams then divisions of 10 8 8 8.
I've formed the same impression. If that's what they want to happen then surely they must have a number of teams in mind already. No idea of who they might be though.

To be honest Bob in general play it was reasonably even, but Balwyn's kicking was abysmal. Balwyn kicked the first couple of goal and then all points until the last quarter. Blackburn pressured very well but Balwyn just couldn't kick straight even when it seemed they couldn't miss. One of those infectious bad kicking days.
Best couple of Blackburn players were Daniher, Campisano and Soccio.

they were pretty hard at it all day Blackburn. Balwyn looked a bit taken aback by their aggression. Farren Ray was disappointing.

Good description Richie, I was also disappointed by the Simpkins. I thought they would bring much more to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back