Australian Open 2017 - Day 5

Remove this Banner Ad

While watching Federer is great even though I like Berdych more. It's not cool of Hamish saying "We are all fans of Federer." Like do your job then say you're a fan after. I don't know just seems a little off imo.

Anyway he's one game away from breaking Berdych's streak of QF or better at the Aus Open. The last time he failed to make it to the QF was 2010

Well disappointed that Berdych lost but sports. Great match from Federer but Nishikori will be tough.

Fed too good. Berd man just plays into the hands of Roger's game, nice crisp strokes right into Roger's hitting zone. Doesn't have the variety to trouble the GOAT. What a display though, can't believe he was playing like that after 6 months out, was just in the zone tonight. Kei is a different prospect altogether however I think he will get the job done against him too.

Muguruza gonna win pretty easily. So earlish night considering.

I saw the Nishikori match today, he played well and will be tough to beat. This side of the draw is good with Stan, Fed, Andy.

Anyone who gets to the final deserves it whether it is Federer, Nishikori, Murray, Wawrinka or someone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After all the great matches this morning and afternoon, tonight's session has been an absolute bust. Only the Barty-Barthel battle went more than straight sets.

After all the great matches this morning and afternoon, tonight's session has been an absolute bust. Only the Barty-Barthel battle went more than straight sets.

That's what you get when you put rubbish Australian matches on.

Had another enjoyable day out at the tennis.

I had day tickets at Margaret Court Arena so I was able to see Svitolina and Pavlyuchenkova which was a high quality match and I thoroughly enjoyed watching Tsonga and Sock. Very happy that Tsonga prevailed in the end.

Later I headed to Hisense to see Tomic, but the result was disappointing in the end considering I expected him to win today.

Federer was excellent tonight! When he's in-form he still looks as fantastic as ever, but I think he'll slip up at some point before the final.

You need variety to beat fed, or be relentless at his weaknesses. Thats why nadal is so successful, he hammers the backhand all match. Berdych doesnt really have that, having booming ground strokes doesnt cut it.

13 Titles, 2 Davis Cup titles, Best result of at least a SF in every Grand Slam. Highest ranking of 4 and current ranking of 10. I think he delivers when it matters.

Sometimes players just play better than you and they take away from your game. It happens to everyone.
The more relevant stat is berdych's record against the top 10 recently. It isn't great and it's a sign he is on the wane. When your already behind federer in ability that doesn't make your chances any better.

Totally agree. She's even better when not in tennis clothes (such as at the players party) contary to the popular belief.

Really down to earth girl especially if you can speak a little Spanish. My accent is horrible but I can speak it pretty well.

Has this hilarious dance routine before she trains.

Isn't she one of the smartest players in the world? I think she's doing a law degree...

Yep she's doing some degree you might be right on the law part. Genuinely lovely girl

Remove this Banner Ad

Back