News New Jumpers for 2017 - All changes in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It astounds me that Nike have different collars on the PI's and the retails.

The retail collar is very nice and you are losing out on merch sales because people want what the players have.
*raises hand* Me.
It's all cost-cutting, however there wouldn't be a need to cost-cut if you had the PI collars on the retails, as there would be more sales!!

*raises hand* Me.
It's all cost-cutting, however there wouldn't be a need to cost-cut if you had the PI collars on the retails, as there would be more sales!!
Cost cutting?
Surely the changes to the collar can't save them that much?

From what I read.. somewhere. I can't remember now :D

But yeah, don't really know. Different stitching/material? *shrugs*
Either way, just a bad business decision.

Not the first time 'bad business decision' and 'Carlton' have been linked together..
*Coughbettscough**coughmalthousecough*
Yeah but this one is Nike's fault!
And that surprises me the most.

Yeah but this one is Nike's fault!
And that surprises me the most.

Fairly confident is saying that our replica's have long been the worst in the league by some margin. What the hell is the monogram doing on this thing from the 90's?

Nike got it right initially when the only difference was the raised logo, but since then they've been abysmal.

Fairly confident is saying that our replica's have long been the worst in the league by some margin. What the hell is the monogram doing on this thing from the 90's?

Nike got it right initially when the only difference was the raised logo, but since then they've been abysmal.
Disagree, the baby blue clash guernsey was probably as close to a PI as the label 'retail jumper' could allow. Raised monogram, side/shoulder panels.

On the photo you posted, not every monogram was going to be handmade like the old guernseys, was it?

The eagles were using the the tablecloth (old clash Jumper) during match simulations today. Would be interesting to see if they implement it as the alternative training jumper. I hope not cause i actually like the yellow one we have used for the last decade or more.

The eagles were using the the tablecloth (old clash Jumper) during match simulations today. Would be interesting to see if they implement it as the alternative training jumper. I hope not cause i actually like the yellow one we have used for the last decade or more.
Maybe Puma told them they were sending over the new jumpers with the new collar so they are using what they have lying around?

Maybe Puma told them they were sending over the new jumpers with the new collar so they are using what they have lying around?
could have still used the yellow jumpers from last year still. One side in the match sim used the navy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather see socks that integrate the design and show them off, and are still short and comfortable for players, than long socks pulled down which have no club colours and which are barely visibly drawable to the club.

If you didn't know short socks were available, you wouldn't even notice it.

I'd rather see socks that integrate the design and show them off, and are still short and comfortable for players, than long socks pulled down which have no club colours and which are barely visibly drawable to the club.

If you didn't know short socks were available, you wouldn't even notice it.
Maybe the stripes should be half thickness on the crew cut socks?

Off snapchat:

IMG%5D[IMG]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back