Who will finish higher in 2017 - Western Bulldogs, Sydney or GWS?

Remove this Banner Ad

I know us annoying Dogs supporters keep harping on about it but here it is again in answer to the highlighted parts of your post... The Dogs finished 2 games off top spot, from that winning Preliminary side against GWS they bring in Murphy, Roughead (Knocked out earlier than Ward), Crameri, Adams (more than replaces Hamling), and the unknown quantity in Cloke.
This myth that the Bulldogs had terrible run with injuries continues amongst their supporters, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary. To justify it on the basis that Roughead was injured earlier than Ward in the PF is laughable, and highlights your desperation to justify the myth.
All sides sadly have injuries through the season.

The myth about injuries to key Bulldogs players for extended periods has gained a lot of traction much to your disappointment. It must be very upsetting that no one agrees with you except the other GWS supporter. Upsetting because your team had a brilliant run with injuries and lost to a team that had major issues throughout the year and even in that game.
I suppose the media is responsible over estimating GWS's talent stocks so they have probably got ahead of themselves in regards to the Bulldogs ridiculous injury list - what do you think.
The point about Ward being injured in the losing prelim team was brought up by another poster and I was just highlighting that fact that we lost an equally (arguably more) important player in the same game, earlier in the game, and we still managed to prevail.
I think there is the potential for far more improvement in the Dogs team with the names coming back than any of the other finalist in 2016.
You wrote an awful lot for someone who didn't even try to justify their position. The fact you think it's appropriate raise the talent on our list and the result of the prelim in response, makes it clear you're trying to deflect.

They should call you the fisherman because you just keep throwing out a line and I got hooked... well done. dam it!
Any and every conversation with you is just mindless dribble that is a total waste of time.
How you reached that conclusion is beyond me.

Mitchell loss and another year older hurts Syd, but they'll still be top 4-6. Can never count them out.
Just to clarify, our midfield was too inside heavy in 2016, the Bulldogs showed us why in the Grand Final. Having Heeney replace Titchell will improve our midfield.

And we're not another year older. Our average age went down again over 2016-17.

That being said, the Giants are scary and will be a juggernaut at some point. Getting Lids in for that little was a masterstroke.

This myth that the Bulldogs had terrible run with injuries continues amongst their supporters, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary. To justify it on the basis that Roughead was injured earlier than Ward in the PF is laughable, and highlights your desperation to justify the myth.
All sides sadly have injuries through the season.

Let's compare the Dogs to one of the teams they faced in the finals, to assess this injury "myth"...

Bulldogs

Injuries entering finals: Murphy, Crameri, Wallis, Adams, Redpath, Collins, Wood, Libba, Macrae

Injured during finals (missed games): Suckling, Jong

During the season the Dogs lost Johannisen and Dahlhaus for 8 and 5 weeks and Clay Smith didn't return at all until round 15. Toby McLean missed 11 weeks, Tom Campbell missed 13...

GWS

injuries entering finals: Ahern, Marchbank, Pickett

GWS injured during finals (missed games): Steele (was dropped after Rd 17)

Yeah, so about all that evidence to the contrary and "all sides having injuries during the season?.. Seems like the side we beat in the prelim didn't have any injury issues at all during the finals, and nothing major during the season... Gee, they probably should have won the flag considering...

Last edited:
Let's compare the Dogs to one of the teams they faced in the finals, to assess this injury "myth"...

Bulldogs

Injuries entering finals: Murphy, Crameri, Wallis, Adams, Redpath, Collins, Wood, Libba, Macrae

Injured during finals (missed games): Suckling, Jong

During the season the Dogs lost Johannisen and Dahlhaus for 8 and 5 weeks and Clay Smith didn't return at all until round 15. Toby McLean missed 11 weeks, Tom Campbell missed 9...

GWS

injuries entering finals: Ahern, Marchbank, Pickett

GWS injured during finals (missed games):

Yeah, so about all that evidence to the contrary and "all sides having injuries during the season?.. Seems like the side we beat in the prelim didn't have any injury issues at all during the finals, and nothing major during the season... Gee, they probably should have won the flag considering...
Interesting you dont say who we missed through the year and lost through finals. But include it in the dogs "tally".

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Interesting you dont say who we missed through the year and lost through finals. But include it in the dogs "tally".

Here's another comparison, players that missed 3 or less games with injuries...

GWS: Ward, Lobb, Scully, Kelly, Shaw, Mumford, Shiel, Coniglio, Greene, Patton, Johnson, Williams, Patfull, Davis, Wilson, Whitfield, Cameron = 17

Dogs: Hunter, Bont, Picken, Biggs, Roughead, Boyd, Daniel, Morris = 8

Can you point me to the evidence that your mate has that our injury toll was a myth?

Ahh Wamp think you qouted the wrong bloke.
I was replying to someone who was doing a comparison.

Yeah If I quoted you I did. I have him on ignore. Will delete. Morning session at PJ' Gallaghers and switching betwèen app and site got me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not the one doing comparisons.

Youre the one trying to put through this whole injury comparison.

Put up proper figures and you wont be taken as a joke.

GWS: Ward, Lobb, Scully, Kelly, Shaw, Mumford, Shiel, Coniglio, Greene, Patton, Johnson, Williams, Patfull, Davis, Wilson, Whitfield, Cameron = 17

Still waiting for "all the evidence to the contrary"...

Really keen to see how the Dogs injury toll was a myth when we clearly had far more and worse injuries than the team we beat in a PF.

Perhaps GWS just had incomparable good fortune with injuries... Definitely under achieved if so...

Last edited:

Still waiting for "all the evidence to the contrary"...

Really keen to see how the Dogs injury toll was a myth when we clearly had far more and worse injuries than the team we beat in a PF.

Perhaps GWS just had incomparable good fortune with injuries... Definitely under achieved if so...

Point me to where i said it was a myth.

Was just clarifying your figures as the way they were written the comparison was flawed.

Thank you for the above

So you are basing it all on players who missed less than 3 games?
Hmm Jezza missed more than 3

So you are basing it all on players who missed less than 3 games?
Hmm Jezza missed more than 3

He said missed less than three games through injury in the earlier post. Jezza missed his games through suspension early in the season. Not sure why he didn't play in the prelim though. #wheresjezza

Indeed but missing games is missing games.

No, when you're interjecting of behalf of someone that said our injury toll was a myth (preposterous suggestion), missing games through injury is what is relevant. Cameron didn't miss any through injury, just being a sniper.

If the comparison is flawed in some way then you're welcome to list the long term GWS injuries that you say I missed...

Still waiting on "all the evidence to the contrary" to the "myth" that the Dogs had a significant injury toll in 2016.

No, when you're interjecting of behalf of someone that said our injury toll was a myth (preposterous suggestion), missing games through injury is what is relevant. Cameron didn't miss any through injury, just being a sniper.

If the comparison is flawed in some way then you're welcome to list the long term GWS injuries that you say I missed...

Still waiting on "all the evidence to the contrary" to the "myth" that the Dogs had a significant injury toll in 2016.
Not at all. I asked for the facts and figures. If you have provided them correctly great. If not it wouldnt surprise me.

You were the one to start comparisons. And go apeshit about a "supposed myth"

But im about to be thread banned because ive disagreed with dogs supporters again so meh.

Not at all. I asked for the facts and figures. If you have provided them correctly great. If not it wouldnt surprise me.

You were the one to start comparisons. And go apeshit about a "supposed myth"

But im about to be thread banned because ive disagreed with dogs supporters again so meh.

You wrote this at 3:49pm yesterday in response to my post (not directed at you) taking umbrage at the Dogs injury toll being called a "myth":

Since you interjected, I simply asked to list the players you say I missed. Over a day ago. You've posted plenty since and haven't added anything worthwhile.

I haven't reported you. If you're getting thread banned it's because you're not contributing anything useful to the thread, and being obnoxious.

You wrote this at 3:49pm yesterday in response to my post (not directed at you) taking umbrage at the Dogs injury toll being called a "myth":

Since you interjected, I simply asked to list the players you say I missed. Over a day ago. You've posted plenty since and haven't added anything worthwhile.

I haven't reported you. If you're getting thread banned it's because you're not contributing anything useful to the thread, and being obnoxious.

I asked for correct figures and stats for your comparison since you were the one to start it.. Nothing more nothing less.

I never said anything about a myth. Was actually interested in the actual stats.

Im contributing just as much as most on here and the other ones. I disagree with dogs fans, allot of em.
Just because my opinion is not that the dogs are the greatest ever, or boyd isnt the best all round guy on the planet, or that frees were questionable doesnt make me a troll. Actually shows me to be realistic.

Yet thats not allowed on the main board love in.

By General's logic, you may as well add Crameri to our list.

GWS will do a Collingwood of 2010.

Deledio still has a couple of years of high quality football left in him and he's one of the best carriers in the game, if not the very best.
They really need Tom Downie to come out of his shell and start asking questions of Mumford. Still only 23 yrs old so plenty of time yet.

How so? As i havent questioned any on the list so far.
Or are you bored and just trolling for a bite?

I'd ask the same of you.

Despite the conversation being about injuries, you stated that Cameron doesn't belong on the list of missing less than 3 games. He did miss less than three due to injuries (not suspension) which was the point. Therefore by using your logic, Crameri should be included on ours. Not trolling.

Pretty simple really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back