Oppo Camp 2017 Sydney Fantasy/SC/DT questions

Remove this Banner Ad

I already did. There's no reason to pick Papley, he is too expensive and doesn't have the ability to be a top scoring forward. Heeney should be in your team. He is a midfielder.
I think you're making too many assumptions here.

I'm not thinking of picking Papley, whether or not I pick Heeney depends on Papley's injury.

Thank you for telling me Heeney will primarily be played as a midfielder. Now, Is Papley on track for r1?

I think you're making too many assumptions here.

I'm not thinking of picking Papley, whether or not I pick Heeney depends on Papley's injury.

Thank you for telling me Heeney will primarily be played as a midfielder. Now, Is Papley on track for r1?

Training the house down

Hey boys, was wondering how Hanners is looking this off-season? Could be a point of difference for the fantasy side

Edit: Also, good idea having a thread for this stuff. Your team is chockablock full of fantasy prospects.

Last edited:
Heeney the main one. Forget about McVeigh. Parker too expensive. JPK never gets alot of love. No idea why. Naismith depending on price and how you want to setup the team. Would be a very good mid price option with the new ruck rules.

JPK is fantastic but his best form usually starts in the middle of the year so he can be picked around the byes.

Hey boys, was wondering how Hanners is looking this off-season? Could be a point of difference for the fantasy side

Edit: Also, good idea having a thread for this stuff. Your team is chockablock full of fantasy prospects.

Won the 3km time trial fairly comfortably and is looking noticably slimmer so I'd say he's looking good for a big year.

Think Hanners, Heeney and maybe Cameron on the ruck bench will be my only SC picks, unless someone like Hayward, Florent, Dawson, Fox etc. shows up big in NAB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think Hanners, Heeney and maybe Cameron on the ruck bench will be my only SC picks, unless someone like Hayward, Florent, Dawson, Fox etc. shows up big in NAB.

exactly my thoughts, but do i take a punt on Aliir???

exactly my thoughts, but do i take a punt on Aliir???

$364k key defender?

Would want an Alex Rance type output to justify it.

$364k key defender?

Would want an Alex Rance type output to justify it.

you dont think he could have a break out year? i know most draftees do this in their third year but i get the feeling the way he picked it up in his first year he could fast track himself.

you dont think he could have a break out year? i know most draftees do this in their third year but i get the feeling the way he picked it up in his first year he could fast track himself.

In the 12 games he played last year he only hit 80+ twice with 84 being his highest. I don't think there will be a massive leap up from only one pre-season in my opinion.

However I would gladly be proven wrong :D

How is the Irish lad O'Riordan travelling? He seemed to have some good games in the NEAFL last year which was encouraging given his lack of footy experience. Do you see him breaking into the AFL side this year?

How is the Irish lad O'Riordan travelling? He seemed to have some good games in the NEAFL last year which was encouraging given his lack of footy experience. Do you see him breaking into the AFL side this year?

Unlikely. Newman got elevated to the senior list so he is probably ahead of him.

Not fantasy related, but do you think he has the tools to make it at AFL level in the future? I would have thought he is off to a good start.

I'm not as well versed in NEAFL form as some others. grimlock might have more info on O'Riordan.

From what I understand he doesn't seem to be doing much wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back