Training Pre-season Training 2017

Shepp was just on 6PR - what I remember in no particular order :

• Asked about the captaincy he said he'd be surprised if it wasn't Hurn again and that Bunga's leadership was developing well so expected him to remain captain
• The boys are feeling a bit sorer over the weekend now the competitive work has ramped up and they focus on getting footy fit rather than just running
• Named JD and Matty Allen has two guys who have impressed him with their preseasons
• Mitchell is a gun and a great influence around the club as has Petrie
• Thought that 2015 was his best year and although he consolidated his form in 2016 the year before was better
• Mackenzie is training well and adapting better to the game plan. Mentioned that it was good to have 4 such good tall defenders
• Didn't know what was wrong with Vardy just that he'd been sidelined for a bit. I found that amusing - do the players not ******* talk to each other

Willie doesn't look AFL fit

He's not, although I don't think he's as far off as his body shape suggests especially considering he's purely a crumbing forward and won't do the miles other players do

He'll play against GWS and I'm really interested to see how he goes

I'd be very surprised if Hurn wasn't captain, would take him standing down as opposed to being voted out I would think.

Agreed

Aug 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, East Perth
He's not, although I don't think he's as far off as his body shape suggests especially considering he's purely a crumbing forward and won't do the miles other players do

He'll play against GWS and I'm really interested to see how he goes

Agreed
I think he will play R2 at home after Hill spuds up R1

SpaceClef

Big Willie
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life WCE Wings Guernsey
May 14, 2011
Vegas
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Matthew Allen is looking ridiculously good for a second year player. His development is important for our list balance and it would be awesome to see him lock down a regular spot for East Perth this year.
looked good in the NAB last year IMO. Could be a gun

Feb 12, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Butler getting better as he gets older as a good Butler should . He can serve a dish ( Petrie ? ) of Lamb ,Venables and Cripps . A bit of Rioli occasionally .
clap.gif

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Matthew Allen is looking ridiculously good for a second year player. His development is important for our list balance and it would be awesome to see him lock down a regular spot for East Perth this year.
He switched to AFL from state cricket quite late.

What is it that's impressive this preseason?

Last edited:
Back