Training Training Reports, Pics 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Well.... not sure why he'd go out of his way to say LeBois is having to work to understand the demands of a professional footballer otherwise. Is literally the only negative thing in that article, which suggests to me it is an obvious problem. But I could certainly be reading too much into it.
Sounded to me like he pulled that from the 1AW video on the CFC site. Journalism from a desk. Nothing much else around on LeBois so tagged him specifically to what Walks said he's doing with all the first years.

It's just the manner in which the info was presented. My perception was that he had no idea what he was talking about. Happy to be proven wrong.

Cheers for that. ;)

I only present the info as it's handed to me, by written verbal or my own eyes, in this case both verbal and own eyes.

These issues happen at all clubs but when it comes up it must be knocked on the head straight away.

You will know round 1 if the sane players that most would classify as 'depth' players get a game. This shows lack of faith/ability to take instruction from the HEAD coach...

Happy to be proved wrong, so is the coach!!:cool:

Sounded to me like he pulled that from the 1AW video on the CFC site. Journalism from a desk. Nothing much else around on LeBois so tagged him specifically to what Walks said he's doing with all the first years.
True. Either way, nothing to be worried about, he was always more of a long term project.

Super excited about the way SPS and Fisher seem to be going about it

C
I only present the info as it's handed to me, by written verbal or my own eyes, in this case both verbal and own eyes.
These issues happen at all clubs but when it comes up it must be knocked on the head straight away.
You will know round 1 if the sane players that most would classify as 'depth' players get a game. This shows lack of faith/ability to take instruction from the HEAD coach...

Is that a bit of double meaning going on there, goreds ? :)

Yep. You can't take instruction on board, you're not of very much value in a team game.

Cheers for that. ;)

I'd rather the insane players get a game. Would add some much needed unpredictability.

amazingly we got 14 th last year,pretty much rebounding off at times a pretty solid defence and ulitizing our midfield as well as possible with what we had.now that was clever strategy off Bolts to extract wins !......pretty much from nothing
Wright was our only consistent standout with some good footy skills forward.support wise a few of the kids chipped in and and we also had a few players in the team without a pre season who played most of the year.
That is why i think we can go 14 th again this year or even slightly better....it adds up, specially with more competition for forward spots coming up where there should be inroads in lifting our attack to Afl standard.Hopefully big H will be there early on in the season and cement a spot at Full forward? Pickett - is he training well,will he be fit? Can Sumner bring some A grade skills this year ? Will Charlie cement Center half forward for himself?Can Smedts contribute from a forward pocket?Can Jack improve this year ?

There are some improved options for 2017 !......
Sometimes I think we will go slightly backwards this year because we will be playing a younger team. But then I think about who those young players are replacing, it's really only Tuohy who had a good year last year. The reality is the young guys aren't replacing much (in the case of Walker and Jamison, they had good careers for us but their bodies were clearly reaching the end).

Not expecting a big rise or anything but I can see us winning more games this year than last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

amazingly we got 14 th last year,pretty much rebounding off at times a pretty solid defence and ulitizing our midfield as well as possible with what we had.now that was clever strategy off Bolts to extract wins !......pretty much from nothing
Wright was our only consistent standout with some good footy skills forward.support wise a few of the kids chipped in and and we also had a few players in the team without a pre season who played most of the year.
That is why i think we can go 14 th again this year or even slightly better....it adds up, specially with more competition for forward spots coming up where there should be inroads in lifting our attack to Afl standard.Hopefully big H will be there early on in the season and cement a spot at Full forward? Pickett - is he training well,will he be fit? Can Sumner bring some A grade skills this year ? Will Charlie cement Center half forward for himself?Can Smedts contribute from a forward pocket?Can Jack improve this year ?

There are some improved options for 2017 !......

"I'm not sure what's going to happen. But l can promise you one thing. We are going to make Carlton great again. We will build a border between Carlton & Collingwood & make them pay for it"

"I'm not sure what's going to happen. But l can promise you one thing. We are going to make Carlton great again. We will build a border between Carlton & Collingwood & make them pay for it"

When Collingwood sends its supporters, they're not sending their best. They're bringing bogans. They're bringing deros. They're unwashed. And some, I assume, have some original teeth....

Cheers for that. ;)

I love that you're posting inside info but it just didn't sound like you were. It sounded more like an opinion or forming your own conclusion. There were two or three posters that replied asking what you meant by it.

This is BigFooty. It's very hard to tell the difference between rubbish and real info.

(Didn't mean to stir things up by the way)

Cheers for that. ;)

What level is your source at?

Impressions from Bolts would carry a lot more weight than those from Jenny in Merchandise. Both are "inside sources".

When Collingwood sends its supporters, they're not sending their best. They're bringing bogans. They're bringing deros. They're unwashed. And some, I assume, have some original teeth....
Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Except Collingwood supporters ...

Long off season is looooong.
Can set you up for a good year if you do all the sessions and hard work now.

Nothing glamorous about preseason work, those that don't put in now will get found out when the real stuff starts.

Cheers for that. ;)

Who are the players that are not putting in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back