Herald Sun agenda against Melbourne's Homeless

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
they'll probably get some respite for the next few days considering today's events, but the last couple of Herald Sun front pages have been despicable in addressing the Melbourne CBD's homelessness issue -

Some of the adjectives used are downright appalling and not once has even a suggestion about a possible solution been put forward. It seems they literally want to sweep them away to make an 'out of sight, out of mind' situation.

Someone has been in Lord Mayor Doyle's ear too - pretty much done a complete backflip to what he was saying about it earlier -

Why does the media hate poor people so much?

It's almost as if Hebrew Rupe has a pathological hatred of non-billionaires hey..............................................................................................................................................................................

Be thankful they haven't been going the Greens/muslims/Triggs/Andrew O'Keeffe/Gillard for a change

Yesterday's front page said they are to make sleeping on the street against the law. So if someone has nowhere to go where do they propose they sleep? In the city loop? In the sewers? The Herald Sun is an absolute disgrace anyone who could look at that and wilfully give money in support of that hate fuelled propaganda is just completely vile.

Problem with the Murdoch press, and others, is that they see them selves as setting the agenda, and as being part of the political process, as opposed to reporting on the facts. So we end up with an unelected group of journalists, acting on behest of their paymasters trying to unduly influence debate.

Yesterday's front page said they are to make sleeping on the street against the law. So if someone has nowhere to go where do they propose they sleep? In the city loop? In the sewers? The Herald Sun is an absolute disgrace anyone who could look at that and wilfully give money in support of that hate fuelled propaganda is just completely vile.
I'm guessing parks otherwise it's a completely unworkable law that doesn't take the reality that actual homeless people exist and there aren't places for them to go. As long as they're not creating danger for others or damaging property I really don't care where they sleep. It the ones that spread their belongings all over the footpath under the viaduct at Flinders st and Spencer st forcing people to step on the road to get past that are a real problem.

Maybe they should hand out free one man tents and sleeping bags.

Last edited:
they'll probably get some respite for the next few days considering today's events, but the last couple of Herald Sun front pages have been despicable in addressing the Melbourne CBD's homelessness issue -

Some of the adjectives used are downright appalling and not once has even a suggestion about a possible solution been put forward. It seems they literally want to sweep them away to make an 'out of sight, out of mind' situation.

Someone has been in Lord Mayor Doyle's ear too - pretty much done a complete backflip to what he was saying about it earlier -

Why does the media hate poor people so much?

I don't get the impression that the media an an entity hate poor people nor the current homeless camped out in front of Flinders st.

I've now read The Herald Suns, news.com.au, ABC and Fairfax's take on the current situation. Herald sun are focusing on the "dirty scum shaking down tourists whilst smoking bongs and shitting on the street". The rest are aiming at the genuine homeless issues.

Reading a few of the interviews there are people there genuinely lost, desparate for assistance and housing and would love work. They hate their situation and want to improve their life.

Seriously though if you honestly think that there aren't predators disguising themselves as homeless to purely to make $$ in some pretty horrific methods you are naive.

There are mixed messages with this, from the Salvo's saying they won't take the offered assistance to the genuine people that want it saying it isn't offered. Don't buy into generic headlines.

they are scum

as are their masters

wouldnt be surprised if tomorrows hun has a homless plan involving gas chambers

good question :thumbsu:

One does wonder what the Herald Sun would have said if the driver had run through the homeless camp instead of where he did go...

(Not a 100% serious post, but interesting to ponder)

One does wonder what the Herald Sun would have said if the driver had run through the homeless camp instead of where he did go...

(Not a 100% serious post, but interesting to ponder)

"Homeless camp block city driver" - : Ferals block road and pay consquences, three homeless charged with obstruction

Australia has failed the homeless. How inconvenient for the big knobs that the homeless people be cluttering up their Australian Open. Shame on you homeless people for making out country look bad to the international peanuts (who matter a sh*t to any of us).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only way to properly deal with this problem is through government spending which requires assistance from taxpayers.

Have no sympathy for those who blanket judge homeless as being too lazy and complain about them being a nuisance.

Great work Herald Sun! The Homeless in the CBD must be removed ... they're a blight on the city.

Sick and tired of seeing their smelly ragged beds on the street .... even more sick of the begging!

Australia's homeless problem is a disgrace.

Billions wasted on handouts to people who could survive without it while others sleep rough.

Do you know how expensive a nanny is, esp a live in one????

i made a thread 'should we kill the homeless people' but it seems to have been deleted

Amusing levels of typical Victorian do-as-I-say-not-as-I-doism.

Melbournites happy to lecture the rest of the country on just about anything, but don't like seeing homeless people on the way to the tennis.
Now who was that poster who loves to rip into people on the GD board whenever they make a joke about the indigenous but referred to a homeless shelter as a "scungey mecca".

Do you actively help the homeless?
No. I don't call for their removal or complain about them offending my senses by merely existing either.

Great work Herald Sun! The Homeless in the CBD must be removed ... they're a blight on the city.

Sick and tired of seeing their smelly ragged beds on the street .... even more sick of the begging!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back