RDFL 2017 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening again last night to two committee men from opposing clubs talking the league is going backward if things don't change! When are the clubs going to realize they are the most important stakeholder in this league. The clubs empower the board the board contract goldfields to administer the league don't they? Is that the structure? If so if your not happy do something about it. If you think the draw is not done fairly do something speak up. The grand finalists should have the toughest draws the following year if not and you don't like it.. speak up. If your sick to death as to how finals are fixtured year after year..... do something about it. We all keep hearing the complaints but clearly nothing is done as the president has not changed in how many years???? Put yeendy in as president he knows the clubs the heartaches they go through as well as anyone as he at least spends time with them to understand. But like doona always says SAY DO something or nothing will change!!!!

I have heard that Diggers are playing Sunbury Lions in a practice match with Diggers rating themselves a huge chance
Little bit of rivalry as alot of Diggers boys played juniors at the lions.
Hillside - 18th March away
Sunbury Lions 21st March ground TBA
Navarre - 1st April home

Last edited:
May not be Rdfl but im looking forward to watching the Girls Afl tonight in particular to see former Wallan junior Brittany Bonnici (no 8)playing for Collingwood and starting as a rover im confident she will do very well.Whilst im sure we all have an opininion re womens footy I think its a good thing.
Also a former Wallan junior Mitchell Lewis (about 80 junior games with wallan)but listed as Whittlesea where he played about 25 games was drafted to Hawthorn so I will watch his future progress with interest.
Corey Grindlay remains at Calder also and im sure will only improve on last season.
Any other players from within Rdfl circles to look out for in Vfl,Afl Tac or womens such as gun juniors,sons,daughters,brothers or sisters of current or former Rdfl players.If Doona or Halfull could do a list im sure a few others would appreciate it also
Always good to see kids from local clubs go further themselves at a higher level.

Heard a whisper that Riddell have picked up Ollie Messoudi, would be a welcomed addition to their line up, however would hope they are not thinking that he could take the physical contact that he could take in his heyday for Gisborne.

Will test some teams mids with his hardness thats for sure.

Whats all the news out there bit quiet on here
See couple off quality outs at Broadford on way up to central murry
Is it true Rockbank have a new coach already?
Sunbury signing a few quality ex romsey premiership players?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tweeted this morning.

Clearly not ideal.

Unfortunately, Shane had to step down for personal reasons, the club is ecstatic to have bought in the two coaches we have bought in though, both will be fantastic acquisitions for the club and were now back on track!!!

May not be Rdfl but im looking forward to watching the Girls Afl tonight in particular to see former Wallan junior Brittany Bonnici (no 8)playing for Collingwood and starting as a rover im confident she will do very well.Whilst im sure we all have an opininion re womens footy I think its a good thing.
Also a former Wallan junior Mitchell Lewis (about 80 junior games with wallan)but listed as Whittlesea where he played about 25 games was drafted to Hawthorn so I will watch his future progress with interest.
Corey Grindlay remains at Calder also and im sure will only improve on last season.
Any other players from within Rdfl circles to look out for in Vfl,Afl Tac or womens such as gun juniors,sons,daughters,brothers or sisters of current or former Rdfl players.If Doona or Halfull could do a list im sure a few others would appreciate it also
Always good to see kids from local clubs go further themselves at a higher level.

Off the top of my head there are 11-12 RDFL kids in the Under 16. In the summer TAC Cup squad of about 75 kids, I reckon about 30 of them have played junior footy in the RDFL, then you have Wallan/Kilmore kids who obviously fall under NFL juniors.

Good on Leighroy and Grubby for stepping in to help out the Rams. I've said it before, my Mrs could coach finals with $150k at her disposal, so I always take my hat off to guys willing to help out clubs when they're at their lowest - trust me, outside of wins/losses these gigs can be just as fulfilling in many other ways.

Last edited:
Hey guys - we're still on the look out for anyone interested in broadcasting the footy on Highlands FM this year. It's looking very likely that it won't be happening purely based on numbers. Feel free to flick me an email if you have any interest - chris.yeend@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back