A Section VAFA Premier 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
A club like Sorrento has some serious heavy hitters amongst its supporter cohort with contacts, networks and the potential for providing opportunities that would leave nearly all VAFA clubs in the shade. Dawes attended BGS and Melbourne Uni but those clubs stood absolutely no chance compared to what Sorrento could offer.

Your parochial, one eyed commentary is tiresome. Open your eyes and look beyond the narrow confines of the VAFA.
hear! hear!

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
Just wondering will the AFL Victoria Metropolitan Football Championship be on this year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Hallelujah. Sing it sister!
Just because some thing is great doesn't mean that we need to talk about it all the time. Let's mix it up a little...

This is the first occasion one of your posts has actually evoked some minor amusement.

Your resounding acknowledgement of Rooster's point is something to behold. Albeit that it has clearly eluded you.

Rooster 24 plainly has you on the run.:clapping:

My ladder would be like this:
Collegians
Old Xavierians
SKOB
Trinity

De La
Blues
Blacks
Melb
Beaumaris
St Bedes Mentone
Jase,

If the networking, time and effort, funds et al St Kevvies have thrown at this season doesn't bear the ultimate fruit it will be devastating for them and a year squandered.

All the discriminating money has them at almost odds-on for the silverware. Gossip has it some there are drafting their post flag appreciation speeches as we speak.;)

Canada

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
This is the first occasion one of your posts has actually evoked some minor amusement.

Your resounding acknowledgement of Rooster's point is something to behold. Albeit that it has clearly eluded you.

Rooster 24 plainly has you on the run.:clapping:

Jase,

If the networking, time and effort, funds et al St Kevvies have thrown at this season doesn't bear the ultimate fruit it will be devastating for them and a year squandered.

All the discriminating money has them at almost odds-on for the silverware. Gossip has it some there are drafting their post flag appreciation speeches as we speak.;)

So are you tipping SKOB for a comfortable flag AM?
Also - that's a blatant lie that that was the first time I mildly amused you. Unless you meant normally it's not minor??

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
Here's how I see the VAFA Premier Finals panning out:

1st Semi Final
SKOB def Old Trinity by 34 points

2nd Semi Final
Old Xavs def Collegians by 65 points

Preliminary Final
Collegians def SKOB by 3 points

Grand Final
Old Xavs def Collegians by 45 points

Canada

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Here's how I see the VAFA Premier Finals panning out:

1st Semi Final
SKOB def Old Trinity by 34 points

2nd Semi Final
Old Xavs def Collegians by 65 points

Preliminary Final
Collegians def SKOB by 3 points

Grand Final
Old Xavs def Collegians by 45 points

Geez...that's some serious Xavier Nation claret and stout.
(Just for lovers of those terms)

Canada

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
The Bellers need to improve their "networking" Rooster 24. ;)

"2013 Box Hill premiership player Xavier Murphy, who played 47 games for the Hawks from 2012 to 2014, has signed on from De La Salle."

Blackburn being the destination.

For the love of the gain!

Source: Leader News

Upsetting.

Rooster 24

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
The Bellers need to improve their "networking" Rooster 24. ;)

"2013 Box Hill premiership player Xavier Murphy, who played 47 games for the Hawks from 2012 to 2014, has signed on from De La Salle."

Blackburn being the destination.

For the love of the gain!

Source: Leader News

Nothing to do with networking AM. If you play by the rules the reality is you simply can’t compete with what’s on offer in some metro and country leagues.

This young bloke has a good career in the emergency services and does not require employment so that is not a factor. Ironically that same job also prevents him from playing every week.

A terrific young bloke from a great family and I hope he does well.

Penski

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ong has been tipped to return to the Weslyans. Haven't picked-up the name of Nick Dixon as a possible starter. Is he to suit-up with you guys Penski?

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-118-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=51588766
Already named them earlier on AM. Ong and Dixon starters, along with Lachie Ferguson, Viv Michie, Corey Cassidy and a couple of top Vermont players coming back with him. Add two premiership players returning (Charlie Simmons from a year O/S and Kamener from a knee reco), and an VFL ruck/forward and you've got a very solid off season of recruiting.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

AM

Aug 18, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Nothing to do with networking AM. If you play by the rules the reality is you simply can’t compete with what’s on offer in some metro and country leagues.

This young bloke has a good career in the emergency services and does not require employment so that is not a factor. Ironically that same job also prevents him from playing every week.

Thought your second sentence was instructive and in line with my misfired attempt at irony.

Sad to see quality leave.

BrianSpeaking

Cancelled
Mar 16, 2007
@BigFootyBrian
AFL Club
St Kilda

Hi Rooster 24 Happy New Years to you. How's the great Yonnie setttling in at the ground FKA Dairy Bell? I've heard all
Murphy's are heading to Blacky, can you confirm?

Great to see Penski pumping up his beloved Lions, will we see a Xavier type comeback from them this year?

Can we also please try to avoid personal insults in 2017? It's certainly more fun when we can just talk footy, there's a couple of new contributors who have been great all ready, along with the return of the great man Cardio Carl.

Also, we should also support Scatters and his 98.9 NW Fm Sunday night footy show, you can stream it off your smart phone e, it will be compelling listening, if only for the fact that his beloved St Bernard's are in B grade and irrelevant to most of his show, which is built around Premier!

Also, please make it known that I am only Brian, I ha e no other troll accounts, I have never had any, have a great Australia Day, should be a great year!

BrianSpeaking

Cancelled
Mar 16, 2007
@BigFootyBrian
AFL Club
St Kilda

Same as Rohan Bail Rooster 24, gone to chase dough in the country, nice guy but not suited to a cleanskin comp like the VAFA.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Hi Rooster 24 Happy New Years to you. How's the great Yonnie setttling in at the ground FKA Dairy Bell? I've heard all

Great to see Penski pumping up his beloved Lions, will we see a Xavier type comeback from them this year?

Can we also please try to avoid personal insults in 2017? It's certainly more fun when we can just talk footy, there's a couple of new contributors who have been great all ready, along with the return of the great man Cardio Carl.

Also, we should also support Scatters and his 98.9 NW Fm Sunday night footy show, you can stream it off your smart phone e, it will be compelling listening, if only for the fact that his beloved St Bernard's are in B grade and irrelevant to most of his show, which is built around Premier!

Also, please make it known that I am only Brian, I ha e no other troll accounts, I have never had any, have a great Australia Day, should be a great year!
Well said, is there some way to stop the bloke from Northern America.

Canada

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
A lot of love currently on the board.
Bring it on!!
This will be a huge season. IMO the top teams will be fielding sides far stronger than last year. We are in for some cracking action.
Get excited people.

AM

Aug 18, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong

Nice to read an affable post from you, Briza.

Not sure the last para is in accordance with the truth though as you've previously accepted responsibility for at least bob down.

Oh! Rooster has covered the Murphy move already.

Have to disagree about the best VAFA media coverage. Ken Petrucco, John Kanis and the crew at Inner FM - most comprehensive by a country mile. As the media awards show. I'm sure Scatters would attest to that as he often appears on their coverage.

Speaking generally, let's hope the more affable Briza is the one we see this year. I'm pretty sure those at St Kevvies would be both relieved and appreciative if that is the case.

Rooster 24

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda

Can confirm that’s incorrect. One at De La, one at Blackburn and one has moved interstate for work.

And you can’t draw any comparison with Bail. This young bloke spent 7 years at De La, albeit he appeared infrequently when playing for Box Hill.

You win some you lose some and as long as there are paying comps then the VAFA will lose talented players. But some young bloke will now get an opportunity to take his spot which is always good thing.

Canada

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Nice to read an affable post from you, Briza.

Not sure the last para is in accordance with the truth though as you've previously accepted responsibility for at least bob down.

Oh! Rooster has covered the Murphy move already.

Have to disagree about the best VAFA media coverage. Ken Petrucco, John Kanis and the crew at Inner FM - most comprehensive by a country mile. As the media awards show. I'm sure Scatters would attest to that as he often appears on their coverage.

Speaking generally, let's hope the more affable Briza is the one we see this year. I'm pretty sure those at St Kevvies would be both relieved and appreciative if that is the case.

Nice little whack with the olive branch there.
Have to agree with AM re Inner FM. Gods of The VAFA!
Same page AM. Exciting.

AM

Aug 18, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Nice little whack with the olive branch there.
Have to agree with AM re Inner FM. Gods of The VAFA!
Same page AM. Exciting.
Always a good idea to ensure the facts aren't 'Donalded' in any way. I think you may have had cause to correct the record on the matter at hand in the past.

On the matter of Inner FM, we are at one. The point of difference being I'm but a mere listener.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back