Game Day Freo v GWS - AFL W Rd 3

Remove this Banner Ad

My cynical self has to comment. I saw a couple of tweets this morning asking "is it going to be another lockout?"

Ummm no.

No-one gives a s**t about Aussie Rules in Western Sydney.

My cynical self has to comment. I saw a couple of tweets this morning asking "is it going to be another lockout?"

Ummm no.

At least the crowd is comparable to one of their men's games :)

Ummm no.

Bigger crowd than the blokes get.

Are we the only club with two long haired skippers??

lol 50m every time she very obviously didn't know the rules.

My kiwi mate said he did the same thing a couple of times in his first game of Aussie Rules not knowing you have to give the ball back.
Wow I never knew that I thought it would be 50 if you interfered with the ball ie you threw it away from them but not if you just left it where it was.

Ummm no.

Sorry but i have to also jump in here

This is actually an amazing crowd for GWS. Given its a stinking hot day, and the club as a whole dont have a massive supporter base

This morning i was concerned they would have 20 people turn up. But considering even the men would only get this sort of crowd for a pre season game

Its like saying all 50 000 freo members should turn up to the womens game at freo oval. Its always going to be a smaller percentage of the mens teams crowds

Oh and on the no one giving a s**t. The mens have got over 15 000 members before the pre season games have even started. So 20 000 member this season is realistic. I think in Western Sydney where it is not as popular a game is pretty good

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

lol 50m every time she very obviously didn't know the rules.

My kiwi mate said he did the same thing a couple of times in his first game of Aussie Rules not knowing you have to give the ball back.
Only if you touch it. Chuot fumbled the ball so confused herself. If she hadn't touched the ball at all it is ok to leave it.

Much better with Phillips acuaully moving to the ball at ff. Shame she missed the 1st two games as her 2k was not deemed to be good enough ( its what i heard). Lucky we don't have Perkins! The smaller forwards (Sharp) finding it easier as they have the movement creating contest and space behind.

O'Sullivan in the midfield is helping Donnellan. Much better with the two of them in the middle.

Still a lot of passengers though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one with the stupid nickname??
Also why in the promotional ad for the women's game do they have a bloke singing a Nina Simone classic I arskya IP??

I do not have an answer to that question.

And Simmofreo - I stand corrected. Almost no-one gives a s**t about footy in Western Sydney. ;)

Our structure looks better with the added height. Wonder if it's cause GWS are a shorter team or if it's a true reflection of better team selection. Also Donnellen is playing more outside which really brings out her strengths. Ripper captains game today so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back