MCDFNL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been following this thread for a while! Interesting reading! Navarre looks strong again as expected, heard Natte have recruited well, not sure about Castlemaine region? Bushy have lost coach, but new guy will be ok, good luck in his first coaching gig. Lexton have been quiet as has Carisbrook apart from the news of their 2 joint coaches in Bowen and Bilton. Tranter at Rovers will see improvement with fitness, haven't heard much from a recruiting point of view, but with Massina in the picture anything could happen! Hope Avoca improve under Pollock, but not sure about his motives, to many club changes in the same league to be serious? Avoca a good club who deserve to be up there. We'll run club Talbot will build after an improved 2016! Let see what evolves over 2017
Fair assessment leftknacker,
You would think Bushy will slip after last years improvement!
Newstead!

Ok boys how is everyone tracking?

Jayden Hind left Brook.... didn't do much last year anyway to be fair so think they can cover his loss.

Good to see Dunolly picking a few up today, hopefully more to come. Hearing some good things out of Sainter land with Scoble picking up a number of quality recruits from Hepburn. Shaping up ok.

My thoughts on the Pollock subject. Four clubs in one comp is a no no however you shake it. The bloke seems like a nutcase watching from the sidelines too. Good luck to Avoca there.

Navarre going ok, Brook picked a few up, Natte recruited well early and I think Woodward will do well out there. Talbot could be the dark horse this year. Weren't too far off last year and I like how they're going about it. Peoples, McDonald and Aquilina will make an immediate impact. Hearing Lexton lost a few and gained a few. May stagnate. Few in and few out at the Stead.

Predicted ladder at this early stage:

Navarre
Carisbrook
Natte
Talbot
Royal Park
Trentham
Lexton
Newstead
Rovers
Campbells Creek
Avoca
Maldon
Dunolly

so no change to the big dance eh? Twitch
Hoppers and Redbacks again as in Sept. '16
having said that where are you going to place the apple eaters from harcourt ???

so no change to the big dance eh? Twitch
Hoppers and Redbacks again as in Sept. '16
having said that where are you going to place the apple eaters from harcourt ???
Would think Natte maybe a chance Razor to challenge for the silverware.
Recruited very well it seems.
Brook may carry a few scars going in , not saying they won't be there but reckon they thought they were over the line going into finals last year.

How bout Maldon? be good to see them win a couple of games after the last couple of years they have had

Maldon will be rubbish and I don't think it would be good to see them win a few games. 7th - 10th about right for Harcourt. Haven't followed their preseason all that closely but spoke to a court bloke today at work who says they are just building nicely.

Dunolly recruiting ok. Coach Smith seems a cheeky fellow tho sticking the boots into the league. Reckons most clubs are spending $75k on average in the league. What do we reckon?

Reckon Lexton would spend the most followed by Brook.
Natte ( mainly homegrown ) and Navarre( mostly homegrown) apparently well under salary cap balance of sides probably spend what they have each year!!!!
Not easy to get right , balance between developing juniors and supplying some outside talent around them to try and get the right position on the ladder.

Reckon Lexton would spend the most followed by Brook.
Natte ( mainly homegrown ) and Navarre( mostly homegrown) apparently well under salary cap balance of sides probably spend what they have each year!!!!
Not easy to get right , balance between developing juniors and supplying some outside talent around them to try and get the right position on the ladder.

Lexton and cbrook defo cha ching cha ching!!

Thoughts on Daniel Kerr playing a one off for Dunolly?
It's been well reported that they've struggled off the field in recent times. Hopefully they can make a bit on the day and it proves a worthwhile exercise for them.

I have doubts that Kerr is a huge drawcard in Victoria. Elite player in his day but it doesn't help he played in WA his whole career and doesn't have the profile that ex afl players get from the Victorian sides.

Thoughts on Daniel Kerr playing a one off for Dunolly?
It's been well reported that they've struggled off the field in recent times. Hopefully they can make a bit on the day and it proves a worthwhile exercise for them.

I have doubts that Kerr is a huge drawcard in Victoria. Elite player in his day but it doesn't help he played in WA his whole career and doesn't have the profile that ex afl players get from the Victorian sides.

That fact that he is a renowned and confessed drug addict and criminal would turn me off going to watch him play. I see what the club is trying to do but there would be better options than Daniel Kerr in my opinion

That fact that he is a renowned and confessed drug addict and criminal would turn me off going to watch him play. I see what the club is trying to do but there would be better options than Daniel Kerr in my opinion
Agreed Roota,
Good on the club for trying something left of centre,but a poor of the ground role model they do not need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets get serious...... a mid table club getting a Daniel Kerr in might work. A club on the bottom, with no cash and trying to get games into the players they have, not the right call I feel. For a club crying poor they are spending plenty of cash. Perhaps they should stick to the basics rather than gimmicks like this!

Few prac matches must be starting this weekend. Who's on the field?

Harcourt playing in the Trentham Cup and have slowly picked up a few more recruits. Wont be as bad as first thought.

Lets get serious...... a mid table club getting a Daniel Kerr in might work. A club on the bottom, with no cash and trying to get games into the players they have, not the right call I feel. For a club crying poor they are spending plenty of cash. Perhaps they should stick to the basics rather than gimmicks like this!

Few prac matches must be starting this weekend. Who's on the field?

Harcourt playing in the Trentham Cup and have slowly picked up a few more recruits. Wont be as bad as first thought.

They aren't really crying poor though are they?? The article I read they have said that off field is going as good as it has in recent times. They are saying however that they are battling for numbers

They aren't really crying poor though are they?? The article I read they have said that off field is going as good as it has in recent times. They are saying however that they are battling for numbers

They're around $30k in debt the bush telegraph reckons.

That's different from what they are saying themselves

Fairly common knowledge I think that they are in debt and league has set stipulations that they need to meet.

Anyway good to see plenty of incomings on the transfer list for them so all good hopefully for the Razza Dazza. Any praccy's happen over weekend?

This the bloke that was at Macedon at one stage?
Interesting results after 2 rds Natte cruising along well,Brook bit of a scare with a improved Rovers who will upset a few along the way , Navarre doing what they have to with a few sidelined,Bushy a shadow of last years team but still winning and Talbot hitting the wall after a lot of hype?

Interesting results after 2 rds Natte cruising along well,Brook bit of a scare with a improved Rovers who will upset a few along the way , Navarre doing what they have to with a few sidelined,Bushy a shadow of last years team but still winning and Talbot hitting the wall after a lot of hype?
Navaree have probably 7 if not 8 out of their starting 22. Correct they are doing what they need to until they get these players back.

Natte are going to be the pace setters and the one to beat this season. Have recruited very well (and a couple back from injury) and haven't lost to many.

Navaree have probably 7 if not 8 out of their starting 22. Correct they are doing what they need to until they get these players back.

Natte are going to be the pace setters and the one to beat this season. Have recruited very well (and a couple back from injury) and haven't lost to many.
Big call there SnPshaker they will need to improve big time when the real stuff turns up latter in the year from memory Navarre and Brook flogged them in both finals last year.
But agreed they will have a big chance all the same.

Big call there SnPshaker they will need to improve big time when the real stuff turns up latter in the year from memory Navarre and Brook flogged them in both finals last year.
But agreed they will have a big chance all the same.
Navaree and Brook just seem to me that they haven't added anything recruitment wise. Same lists or there abouts as last year.

Natte have gone out to try and beat them both and it will be interesting to see how they go with that.

Navaree and Brook just seem to me that they haven't added anything recruitment wise. Same lists or there abouts as last year.

Natte have gone out to try and beat them both and it will be interesting to see how they go with that.
Yeah fair call, think Brook added 4 or 5 but similar list to last year Hind biggest loss.
Navarre ( without the extra e ) similar list Notting to play 6 games
Tickner and Parry to return as well I'm told.

Status
Not open for further replies.