BFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fair call.

Speaking of basket cases, is the trouble at North's VFL side going to have any impact on their BFL side. Also potential for players to leave North and head back to BFL?

The trouble at North's VFL side is the outcome from years of undermining & destructive behaviour orchestrated by the BFL side, which was ramped up over the last few years by Nth City rats infiltrating the board & running the place into the ground by making decisions which would deliberately destabilise the VFL team. Their end game? City get all the $$ and a multi million dollar stadium, paid for by you and me, to play on. But they've over reached this time and been called out by people who have invested time and money into the bigger picture. Now they are on the nose with not only the Ballarat population, which they always have been, but with traditional and prospective sponsors and also loyal and legendary clubmen. Everybody in Ballarat knows why they have money problems but don't expect to read it in the local rag. Anyway, the effect on the BFL side I would suggest, will be that they will have zero games on the main oval and get very little support from the sports club. The VFL side will be wound up (who knows what will happen with the players) & eventually the Western Bulldogs VFL team will play some or all of their home games out of Eureka Stadium. And North City will be irrelevant. Hip hip hooray for that.

More breaking Pather mail here boys

The Panthers are gonna put this league on the map....
Boomer Harvey
C Judd

Both to play one off games in 2017 at Panther Park.

Macdonalds, Vodafone & Bunnings all on board as sponsors.

One hit wonders? I think not.

Just remember, Patty Diamond told ya first

How is the player points system applied to 1 game appearances like this???

Would want to get a lot bums on seats to justify 7% of the cap on one player for one game
I assume they are paying well over the cap, that's why they have to do so much fundraising.

Too early to tell if they will improve enough to get near Bacchus Marsh, but we will find out early on in the year. Hopefully Marsh don't drop off after winning with such a young side.

I assume they are paying well over the cap, that's why they have to do so much fundraising.

Too early to tell if they will improve enough to get near Bacchus Marsh, but we will find out early on in the year. Hopefully Marsh don't drop off after winning with such a young side.
Bacchus have done it the right way and will be up there again.a lot of depth at the club now ,there twos will be very hard to beat this year too. All round looking like another solo year at the snake pit

Bacchus have done it the right way and will be up there again.a lot of depth at the club now ,there twos will be very hard to beat this year too. Lot of players that are ones capable will be running around. All round looking like another solo year at the snake pit.

Lol. You still goin on bout this salary cap bullshit.. change the station mate it's becoming very boring. And what extra fundraising are we doin compared to last few years. Don't know where your getting your info from. Maybe that good club up the road are feeding it to you. Anyway you keep playing the same tune if it makes you feel better.

Lol. You still goin on bout this salary cap bullshit.. change the station mate it's becoming very boring. And what extra fundraising are we doin compared to last few years. Don't know where your getting your info from. Maybe that good club up the road are feeding it to you. Anyway you keep playing the same tune if it makes you feel better.
Won't need to do extra fundraising with the dream start to the season that has been handed to you by the BFL. Geez 3 stand alone games at home to start off Someone in the league is looking after Melton Sth a treat

Won't need to do extra fundraising with the dream start to the season that has been handed to you by the BFL. Geez 3 stand alone games at home to start off Someone in the league is looking after Melton Sth a treat

Kind of understand some people/clubs not being happy, however I think it's great that a league is working together with clubs in a time where some clubs in other leagues are collapsing or going into recess. Tough area around Melton Sth so I congratulate them and the league..I will head up there to watch an early round..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And not one person from Melton South on the bfl board or football ops. So we can only do what they give us. Don't blame us for trying to better our club. We are lucky the position we are in at the moment considering the lack of success we've had. A lot of hard work still to be done on and off the ground

I suppose it would of been a great idea for south to shell out the coin and let other clubs promote fev playing there early on in the season and make big bucks

But why should they get 3 stand alone home games to start with and when the league goes and schedules a team that does not want to play Easter or does not even give them the curtasy of asking if they wanted to play then you know the league are looking after you

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

But why should they get 3 stand alone home games to start with and when the league goes and schedules a team that does not want to play Easter or does not even give them the curtasy of asking if they wanted to play then you know the league are looking after you

The league understands when you make an ambitious move like bringing fevola into
The league you need to capitalise to make sure you cash in when you can I'm sure if it where your club you would expect the same thing

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Blame the league not Sth. We weren't real keen to play darley first game last year but did and didn't complain. Maybe returning the favour

Bacchus Marsh INS:
Scott Sherlock (Werribee VFL)
Dean Heta (Wodonga Raiders)
Ryley Stuhldreier (Sth Barwon)
Alex Sweet (Melton Centrals)
Dylan prozzo (Ballan)
Todd Delahey (Ballan)
Dillon Viojo-Rainbow (VFL)*
Brenton Payne (VFL)*
Jacob Wheelehan (VFL)*
Daniel Foley (VFL)*

Bacchus Marsh OUTS:
Damien Cupido (Bairnsdale)
Cam Richardson (Gordon)
Ricky Hawkins (Darley)
Coby Millar (VAFA)
Ben Speight (Wangaratta)*didn't play a game

Darley INS:
Heath Scotland (Doncaster)
Jackson Carrick (Hepburn/roosters)
Brian Graham (Wyndham Vale)
Chris Graham (Wyndham Vale)
Abe Kur (VFL)*
Dan Roy (Colac)
Jay Pearson (Dooncaster)
Lachlan Herring (Ballan)
Kyle Doyle (Ballan)
Nick Thacker (Ballan)
Ricky Hawkins (Bacchus Marsh)
Kyle Docherty (VAFA)

Darley OUTS:

Steve Kennedy (Altona)
Richard Knight (Altona)
Anthony Chui (Retired?)
Scott McAllister (Retired?)
Jarrod Edwards (Retired?)
Mitch Banner (VFL/South)

Melton INS:
Ben Archard (Central Murray FL)
Tom Button (VFL)*
Angus Grigg (Aberfeldie)
Matthew Gunn (Caroline Springs)
Matt Huckstepp (EDFL)
Dylan Kight (Return from cricket)
Matt Poland (Hoppers Crossing)

Melton OUTS:
Lachlan Sidebottom (Heathcote FL)
Matthew Notman (Melton Sth)
Corey Patmore (EDFL)

Melton South INS:
Brendan Fevola (Deer Park)
Mark Lynch (Aberfeldie)
Matthew Notman (Melton)
Adam Houli (Deer Park)
Mozzie Houli (EDFL)
Ben Peters (Gordon)
Mitch Banner (VFL)*
Nick Kommer (AFL)
Jeremy Krojs (Gordon)

Sunbury OUTS:
Josh Burgess (RDFL)
Jack Landt (Doutta Stars)
Ben & Jesse Mcinneny (Sunshine)
Joe Redfern (NSW)
Grant Valles (Overseas first half of year)
Chris Tsardakis (RDFL)
Matt Medcraft (Queensland)
Jack Sullivan (Work)

*Denotes Home Club

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back