Is the League Cup sponsored by Emirates now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
**** me, another home cup tie

Seriously, has one club been kissed on it so hard in regards to cup draws consistently over a period of time?

As the FA Cup is/was sponsored by Emirates for a number of years, Arsenal, also sponsored by Emirates seemed to get a seriously good run in regards to home ties. More mentions of Emirates around the place = the Emirates FA Cup match played at the Emirates Stadium featuring Emirates sponsored Arsenal, just great for the promotion of arguably the worlds biggest airline, but I think it is not so great for the cleanliness or purity for the great game.

People on Bigfooty whinge and speculate about asterisks when it comes to analysing success/performance, but this is an almighty giant * going on currently. Just **** off with the third party interests please.

You're better than this pups.

87651635.ExdwAP6i.DSC06554_s.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're playing teams that deserve to be there at that stage of the tournament. The fixture might be easier but at some point they'll come up against stronger opposition.

"At some point" Maybe in five years time we'll be at that point.

Well we are in the Terrace...

I'm aware. If you're suggesting that a newly promoted club is anything other than an easy road to a Cup for Arsenal then you're kidding yourself. The game itself told a different story but hey, Arsenal lost a Cup final to Brum..

I'm aware. If you're suggesting that a newly promoted club is anything other than an easy road to a Cup for Arsenal then you're kidding yourself. The game itself told a different story but hey, Arsenal lost a Cup final to Brum..
I am but then you also earned the right to be there. It's not Arsenal's fault that you were the team to come through that side of the draw that season.

I am but then you also earned the right to be there. It's not Arsenal's fault that you were the team to come through that side of the draw that season.

Of course not, that's got nothing to do with the point that Arsenal have had a good run with easy opponents in the cup though is it?

Of course not, that's got nothing to do with the point that Arsenal have had a good run with easy opponents in the cup though is it?
I don't think anyone would deny that they have had that. But while those 'weaker' teams are still in the comp, someone has to draw them.

Unless you think it's rigged, it's just luck that it's occurred this way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back