Other Lawn bowls

Remove this Banner Ad

Our rink had a battle on our hands yesterday. A nice little 42 shot win.

f05ed9ae-6315-4cef-bf9e-dfeed8f26585

We look like finishing 5th after completely blowing 2 games.gutted is the word id use after such a calamity.
What a waste of a season.

Well the pointy end for bowls seasons is upon us. How are we all faring, will there be finals action? If so is your side favoured to win?

Well the pointy end for bowls seasons is upon us. How are we all faring, will there be finals action? If so is your side favoured to win?
We're in 3rd spot 6 points off the leader who we play this week. 2nd play 4th. If we win we'll finish in the top 2.

We can't miss finals.

We start our finals next week. Gone through undefeated to this point, hopefully it stays that way! :)
Best of luck. Let us know how you go.

After winning our rink 51-9 two weeks ago, we followed that up with a 33-17 win ... luckily as we were the only rink that triumphed and we were down 14-5 at one stage.

I see the Premier League bowlers have taken their wares across the ditch. Screening on Foxtel as we speak.
I was about to ask if anyone had been watching... not really sure about taking it over to NZ, would have preffered Melbourne or somewhere else to get a chance to host..

Great bowls to watch though, even if they seem to be battling a bit to adjust to the temporary green

I was about to ask if anyone had been watching... not really sure about taking it over to NZ, would have preffered Melbourne or somewhere else to get a chance to host..

Great bowls to watch though, even if they seem to be battling a bit to adjust to the temporary green
They were a bit off. Casey played some ripper bowls as did that fella from Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were a bit off. Casey played some ripper bowls as did that fella from Adelaide.
Casey is a gun, one of my fave bowlers to watch.
Was it that big Max you are talking about from Adelaide?

I watched a fair bit of the Roys game, big Jezza Henry was spraying them, the Melbourne boys didn't have to do much attacking as they were drawing well

Casey is a gun, one of my fave bowlers to watch.
Was it that big Max you are talking about from Adelaide?

I watched a fair bit of the Roys game, big Jezza Henry was spraying them, the Melbourne boys didn't have to do much attacking as they were drawing well
That could have been him, I had the volume down so didn't hear his name.

I see Nicole Shortis and Matty Flapper are representing the Vics shortly. What tournament is that?

That could have been him, I had the volume down so didn't hear his name.

I see Nicole Shortis and Matty Flapper are representing the Vics shortly. What tournament is that?
They played South Aus last week at Ocean Grove, I'm not sure what is coming up soon... i think I read in the 2 paragraphs the addy had that it was also basically trials for the nationals

The quality certainly has remained high but there is no real atmosphere there. I would have thought that New Zealand surely would have a facility like Pine Rivers. As for another club in Australia hosting, absolutely nothing wrong with taking the show state to state. St John's, Darebin spring to mind.

They played South Aus last week at Ocean Grove, I'm not sure what is coming up soon... i think I read in the 2 paragraphs the addy had that it was also basically trials for the nationals
National Sides Championships 6th of April. Would that be the tournament from which the national team is selected?

The quality certainly has remained high but there is no real atmosphere there. I would have thought that New Zealand surely would have a facility like Pine Rivers. As for another club in Australia hosting, absolutely nothing wrong with taking the show state to state. St John's, Darebin spring to mind.

FWIW... I'd like to see it hosted in Moama after the new A$24 Million structure goes up. Nice way to break it in. The NZ Experiment has been a bit of a flop thus far.

On a local level, we at Kerang are very proud have all 4 teams into the finals (Div.1, Div.2 and 2xDiv.3 teams).

But on a 'Big Footy Bowlers' level... let there be success stories from our respective Divisions, and many victory beers!!!

FWIW... I'd like to see it hosted in Moama after the new A$24 Million structure goes up. Nice way to break it in. The NZ Experiment has been a bit of a flop thus far.

On a local level, we at Kerang are very proud have all 4 teams into the finals (Div.1, Div.2 and 2xDiv.3 teams).

But on a 'Big Footy Bowlers' level... let there be success stories from our respective Divisions, and many victory beers!!!
Yeah I tend to agree.... no real atmosphere and the shitty music non stop is annoying. The venue looks too big for what they are doing, Pine Rivers seems to work perfectly with people on the cans as well

Yeah I tend to agree.... no real atmosphere and the shitty music non stop is annoying. The venue looks too big for what they are doing, Pine Rivers seems to work perfectly with people on the cans as well

At least Pine Rivers is aesthetic to the eye. Sort of makes you think that one day you would like to play there. Not like the drab joint they're in now. I know they're on a Basketball Court, but some highlights from the days play (on the greens) would be nice to see.
Tell me, Willo_... how do Drysdale go down your way. They seemed to be a jovial lot who enjoy the sauce and drop the odd F and C bomb at the Bar.
A mates Father-in-law plays there and he swears by them. Not sure whether he meant socially or Pennant wise.

At least Pine Rivers is aesthetic to the eye. Sort of makes you think that one day you would like to play there. Not like the drab joint they're in now. I know they're on a Basketball Court, but some highlights from the days play (on the greens) would be nice to see.
Tell me, Willo_... how do Drysdale go down your way. They seemed to be a jovial lot who enjoy the sauce and drop the odd F and C bomb at the Bar.
A mates Father-in-law plays there and he swears by them. Not sure whether he meant socially or Pennant wise.
Dysdale are a competitor to our div 1 pennant aspirations. We currently sit 1st in div 1, Drysdale 3rd. They have the champion of champions for 2016/17 in Rhys Jeffs.

They're not too strong a club but their upper echelon of talent is nigh on as good as any.

To be honest I'm only a part time bowler so have no idea :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back