Music The music thread

Remove this Banner Ad

One of my favorites rock songs.....BTO put on a really good show...must have missed this Video tho...:)

"Look at me I'm self employed....."I love to work at nothing all day"......LOL....love it.

Last edited:
My wish for how it goes for the guys tonight. One of my fav guitarists, featuring 1 of my favorite male vocalists -

I've seen Santana 6 times now....every time was fantastic musical experience. A maestro so humble.

If you haven't seen him live and get the opportunity, grab it with both hands. You won't regret it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen Santana 6 times now....every time was fantastic musical experience. A maestro so humble.

If you haven't seen him live and get the opportunity, grab it with both hands. You won't regret it.
Lucky you, he would be magical live. Just by coincidence he will be in Oz in April but the Blues Fest in Byron is sold out, that would have been my preferred venue.

Not sure if we've had this theme, but considering how perfect the weather has been lately (I've been living at the beach for nearly two weeks and counting), how about those magic 'Summer' tracks. Yeah, even though it's now Autumn.

For many reasons, both obvious and personal, these tracks just ooze Summer for me - the beach, the babes, the water, paddle-pops and endless re-runs during the non-ratings period. (I'm also presuming - without checking - they may have been in the charts during Summer as well).

Sadly, the sublime video for Hyperactive is blocked on YT, but this live version (and it is 'live') is equally astonishing - it still messes with my heart, as does the memory of Melissa and her white bikini of '85...

James1970 ..... Pussyfoot...hahaha..a classic!! I think a one hit wonder???

Yeah - just the one major hit. But then you only need one. :D

It was huge Number One in Australia, though Pussyfoot were based in England (where the song was banned).

If I can be that record-store nerd for one more minute - the main guy in Pussyfoot was Mick Finn who, before going to England, was in The Mixtures - ie The Pushbike Song. Not a song I'm a fan of, but the original video is one of my favorites as it shows a bike-ride, starting at the newly built St. Kilda Marina, along Beach Rd. to St. Kilda, then into the city and Botanical Gardens. All done without lyrca, helmets, agro and old-farts...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back