Leagues UNOFFICIAL Member organised SC leagues 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great job Sir Skid, Jiska et al for getting the BF community SC leagues going.

However I'm an unhappy chappy. Having finished top 1000 in 2015, a few bad choices and some bad luck saw my 2016 ranking plummet to 4800.

I'm setting up a private league, the BigFooty Burners. To join, I ask that you have finished in or close to the top 1k of SuperCoach at least once in the past few seasons but you finished outside the top 1k in 2016 (preferably well outside). These qualification rules aren't hard and fast - happy to be a bit flexible especially if we struggle for numbers. The idea is to find serious coaches who had a down year last year and give them a competitive league to play in.

Not a cash league - just for bragging rights and see if we can average up with some of the top BF leagues.

Please respond if you're interested (via PM or respond to this post) and I'll try and work out the BigFooty technology to PM you the league code.

I'm interested but I've never finished in the top 1000. I came close 3 or 4 seasons ago though. I ended up 7900th last season so I'm not sure if I quite fit the bill? I reckon I've got a killer team this pre-season though ;)

I'm interested, been top 1000 last two years

Sorry about the terribly slow reply - I've been a bit distracted the last week. I'll PM the code to both of you.

Any other takers?

Edit - For some reason my messaging's going haywire. The joys of technology. Anyway the code is 320190. Keen for others to join - there must be plenty of us serious coaches coming of a crappy year.

Last edited:
Sorry about the terribly slow reply - I've been a bit distracted the last week. I'll PM the code to both of you.

Any other takers?

Edit - For some reason my messaging's going haywire. The joys of technology. Anyway the code is 320190. Keen for others to join - there must be plenty of us serious coaches coming of a crappy year.
2014 - 825
2015 - 2338 (somehow still won BF Div 2)
2016 - 34345

i'm in if you'll have me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In - quite an impressive implosion last year though. Would love to know what happened!
basically i did everything wrong.
literally every*******thing.

- got sucked in by mid-pricers
- tried a couple of left field picks (none worked)
- had too many high priced rookies
- paid too much attention to preseason form
- tried to trade my way out of trouble
- got hit by injuries

in the end i think i just out thought myself.
i might try a more straightforward approach this year.

team name: Catchee Monkey

basically i did everything wrong.
literally every*******thing.

- got sucked in by mid-pricers
- tried a couple of left field picks (none worked)
- had too many high priced rookies
- paid too much attention to preseason form
- tried to trade my way out of trouble
- got hit by injuries

in the end i think i just out thought myself.
i might try a more straightforward approach this year.

team name: Catchee Monkey

There's a few SC threads on the board where you should post this. Some of the names being thrown up as possibles after the first 4 preseason games are staggering :)

Hi all,

Haven't seen any threads on Cash Leagues yet. I'm looking at setting up one with some friends, usually a few spots left over to be filled by my BF brethren.

Alternatively feel free to post below if you are setting up a CL and need spots filled.

Cheers!

Edit - mods feel free to move to unofficial leagues thread if you feel cash leagues don't warrant their own thread.

Last edited:
League Full

$150 cash league, which is in its 3rd year : "Time Continuum Cup". Our league has players from most states, and we have a Facebook page (optional), which most of the banter happens from. We aim to get our league in the top 100, so only for those that are interested in competing. Anyway, for consideration, can you please send your best result from either 2015 or 2016.

Cash prizes are :
Grand final winner = $1350
Runner up = $700
Overall highest total points = $300
Highest Round Score = $150
Playoff winner (3rd v 4th) = $200
There is a sponsor donation for winner of bottom 8 finals for $100 (choice of Info Tech equipment from gaming to ergonomics).
We have a perpetual trophy and a trophy for the year (getting built this year and backdated).

Last edited:
Hi guys i run a cash league $30 we have filled the first one and have interest for a second one if we get enough we can make a second league please pm if interested thanks, i can send prize structure and league rules etc :)

If there is a Leigh on here whose SC team is called Stallion that joined my all ladies private league (She'llBeRight) can you please pm me. I have a confirmed female looking to join and your spot will be given to her within the next day or two if l don't hear from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back