Picola & District NW 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regard to stormy blues and the CMFL, the comp is stuffed, Kerang have won the last 5 senior flags because they have the biggest player base to call on (given that Swan Hill is split into 7 clubs), their kids can go to uni in Bendigo and come home (120kms) to play footy, the points system is aimed at killing the small off and centralising. If a club wants to have a crack, good on them, go Picola, wish Deni rovers would do that a get something on their wall after 45 years.
I thought rovers had won a flag already?

IMO it almost looks as though the top 5 and bottom 4 are almost a done deal. With Mathoura losing Sparey and Delamare I don't see them improving and with Berrigan losing a whole host a top line players namely the Middleton's and Yarroweyah and Jerilderie not looking like they have a huge number of ins I see them fighting out the bottom 4 spots. Tocumwal likely to take Berrigan's spot in the 5 with Blighty most likely being the big improvers top 2 on the cards I'm tipping.

Anyone care to shed any more light on the situation? Or have a differing opinion?

with the extra recruits Blighty have picked up, should be a force, top 2 id reckon only my opinion though, not sure about other clubs. Guess picola and strathy will be strong again. Rovers picked up a fair few too.

So one day the AFL where sitting around looking at how much money country footy was turning over and descided they wanted a bigger piece of the pie.

Step 1. Create regional commissions.

Step 2. Introduce a salary Cap under the guise of 'community club sustainability' to limit the amount of money going to players thus freeing up funds to be collected by the AFL.

Step 3. Force leagues to join and be administered by the AFL(HUB) and channel those excess funds back to the AFL.

20170228_045404.png
from today's Shepp News .
So obviously the MFL haven't been given the Monday ultimatum .
Is OK for clubs that have recruited out of the PDFNL to this point to incur points as if the PDFNL isn't in the CCSP system but PDFNL must now be obligated to the CCSP.
Might be wrong but didn't the league offer in September to be in the points system , before Gleeson changed the goal posts and then told the league they couldn't be in .

As i have said before if the VCFL realised that a one size fits all "solution" that is biased towards major leagues, take no account of "free agency", years of service, age, minor leagues supplying major leagues with their talent, location, junior numbers, geography, demography ... and common sense, needs to be revisited, then a modicum of support would be gained, but to be part of a centralisation system when decentralisation policy is in order, where a fiefdom is being created not for the benefit of clubs and more importantly communities which are the lifeblood of rural vic and country nsw, then yes let us stand up and support a league that is financially sustainable, cognizant of its cost base, aware of its support base and prepared to consider policy that is for the benefit of its constituency, not the followers who voice their opinions with a eye over their shoulder to see who is looking at them.

Surely this now makes it obvious to everyone that major league requests will
Always take priority over a fair deal for our clubs.

Any club who may be thinking "oh dear we better join their league" open your eyes before you enter something there will be no getting out of. What if numbers continue to decline and a major league club near you thinks it's your clubs fault they don't have numbers and wants to see your points reduced or cap decreased?
What are your chances of getting a fair deal? Be honest the answer is no hope at all. Be wary of the spin doctors of AFLGM and AFLvic.

Stick together and forge ahead without the points system or salary cap and if need be the AFL for another two years and see how it all plays out.

The choice is abandoning a well run ship full of mates to board a ship full of pirates ready to take your cash and identity.

Our community clubs are far too important to give into ultimatums like this.

Their plan is a very flawed plan we are simply after a better plan.

Got a mate friend who works out at Kialla and a couple who attend GVFL meetings.
All of them have being saying for a 5-6 months that they have been told that the Picola league won't be in the point system or salary cap because " it was going to be made that hard , that they couldn't join."
They also told me in advance about the umpires and the tribunal members matters and said AFL GM were heavily involved.
There has and continues to be talks about trying to get some of your clubs to leave your league.
Apparently a couple of clubs have a lot of contact with AFL GM and supply a lot of info and are looked after.
There is a large amount of urgency about getting your league rather than the Murray into the hub , due to the different financial positions , Murray would be a burden.
Promises have been made to the GV of reduced costs if your league join and if you don't join the GV will most likely get out , as only 5 clubs are happy, Shepp , United, Mooroopna, Tat and Mansfield.
Staff are told they can't talk to certain people , not to attend events , not to help your league in anyway and do what ever is possible to harm it.
A lot of staff don't support it and are looking to get out of there.
Good luck because a lot of people now support the league who have seen what has happened to the GV and many of the good people who were involved .
Interesting to see where all this is at with the advice I had received out of AFL GM months ago.
With the benefit of speaking to those who work within AFLGM , reading today's articles and listening to both Mr Gleeson and also Denis Brooks on radio , there are some matters which I think AFL are trying to hide.
Mr Gleeson stated on the radio that the PFL had always rejected the CCSP and then said only moments later that the PFL agreed to the points system but the 36 points was deemed to low by AFL and as such they weren't permitted to join.
Having searched around I found that the PFL actually stated 36 was the bottom end and they wouldn't be in the salary cap.
During the radio interview he also alluded to the reason for the demand now was due to neighboring clubs being raided by PFL clubs .
Mr Gleeson was not so long ago claiming not being in the points system would see PFL clubs raided as their players were worth only one point.
Think he is wanting cake despite having already eaten it.
MFL are making alot of noise about the PFL not being in the points system and AFL GM are trying to use the points system as a smoke screen to get through what else is in the affiliation agreement.
Interestingly he is now trying to play down the claims of starting a new league .
Mail from inside AFLGM is he is hoping to seize control of all leagues via the affiliation agreements and then a club affiliation agreement will be released increasing costs including with an additional player registration fee payable to AFLGM.
Collectively it is apparently going to get more than $350k additionally into AFLGM per year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok clubs listen to me carefully.
Greg watmore our former ops manager has been ringing clubs in last couple of days.
Greg was formerly on mfl board.
Mfl are desperate as Finley in particular are in desperate trouble hence Jack Hawkins will be going off.
By the way Blighty only recruited two Finley players one of them after only 3 to 4 players were turning up to training.

Given Greg quit as we wouldn't do
As he wanted with the points system it seems clear why.

know who your friends are and who
Is a wolf in sheeps clothing.

hang tough and enjoy watching mfl squirm as this action is deplorable.

Try every trick you want we will find a way around it.

Ok clubs listen to me carefully.
Greg watmore our former ops manager has been ringing clubs in last couple of days.
Greg was formerly on mfl board.
Mfl are desperate as Finley in particular are in desperate trouble hence Jack Hawkins will be going off.
By the way Blighty only recruited two Finley players one of them after only 3 to 4 players were turning up to training.

Given Greg quit as we wouldn't do
As he wanted with the points system it seems clear why.

know who your friends are and who
Is a wolf in sheeps clothing.

hang tough and enjoy watching mfl squirm as this action is deplorable.

Try every trick you want we will find a way around it.
U sound bitter.. answer for everything. Blighty will have a good year i hope as they played some good games in bursts last year. Injuries didnt help.

U sound bitter.. answer for everything. Blighty will have a good year i hope as they played some good games in bursts last year. Injuries didnt help.

Umm I'm a woman having an answer for everything just comes naturally.

im not taking swipes at your club as I truly owe you. Besides if Blighty does have a crack it's your success as well in a way.
But geez I can't see this crap go on. This is like the situation with the umpires all over again. Would you want to deal with an organisation that kept doing stuff like this?

I hear your numbers are getting pretty good so I am glad to hear that :thumbsu:

Cheers.Hope u sort it out. Bit messy at the moment

Appears messy, is more annoying. League is prepared though. In reality this is probably easier than the umpires really.
Actually could work extremely well on our own.
Nothing like the sense of ownership even if there is the odd disagreement until things nutted out.

My only concern is would it effect your brand of footy after a few years. If it stays like it is now u will be fine. If it dosnt what will happen. How do the small clubs in your comp compete or keep up with recruiting year after year. I could be wrong

My only concern is would it effect your brand of footy after a few years. If it stays like it is now u will be fine. If it dosnt what will happen. How do the small clubs in your comp compete or keep up with recruiting year after year. I could be wrong

In my opinion our number one priority is maintaining our community clubs for not just the youth but everyone in that community. that's what we are fighting for people may think it's wanting success by spending big dollars. That's not accurate we spend because it's vital to have a senior side that's reasonably competitive .
I'm going to give Mathaz a pat on the back they haven't tasted senior footy success for a while but they do a great job for their community especially after the timber industry cuts. People their love their club which is awesome to see.
For our small clubs recruiting has always been tough nothing new but as I said it's the community aspect that is priority.
I think our small clubs are nearly more vital to communities than some big ones - not Meaning yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back